1 supp to retain muscle on highrep/endurance plan

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'm having to switch my training plan. I'll be going to from strength/hypertrophy to little or no weight training. Think usmc style PT.

If you could pick one supplement to help retain muscle during this transition what would it be?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's simple physiology:if it's not used, then it will atrophy. If you have muscle that is a direct result of resistance training, then the only way to maintain it is by resistance training. BCAAs will help, but they will not stave of the atrophy.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say a toss up between BA or BCAAs, both have great muscle retention ability, but unfortunately, as Rodja said, you still need the stimulus of resistance training for them to be most effective.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually diet will help of course if you are maintaining your weight as best you can anyway. I am an endo and rarely lost much muscle when I stop training my big problem is weight gain.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Why 1 if i may ask? Just due to budget? If not go with the previous mentioned and whatever more to come.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Just 1 because of budget and I don't like having to take **** out of 8 bottles. It's just annoying.

I did my first workout of this type yesterday and it beat the piss out of me. I haven't been this sore in several years.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
ahhh i gotcha. I know what you mean too, it does get old after awhile.

I do a front upper/legs/upper back split when i first come backif i take a week off, beats the crap outta me compared to a 2 part a day split.
Good luck.