What would YOU do for charity?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. What would YOU do for charity?

I would like to know what organization you would support/donate to. I am trying to know what touches most our community, and how we can help others.

More details to come!!!

•   

2. I proudly support UCP.

3. My vote's for the Wounded Warrior fund!! Those guys are REAL hero's and they come home disabled and unable to support there families, often waiting years for any support from the Gov they proudly and selflessly risk their live's to serve!! My hat is off to all who serve!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I would like to know what organization you would support/donate to. I am trying to know what touches most our community, and how we can help others.

More details to come!!!
    Donate to small businesses who employ a lot of people, for serious. Or pay people to do stuff for you, again for serious. Pay gratuitously if desired, but never give any amount of money to anyone unless they've done something for you to deserve it. That being said, giving it to wounded soldiers would be an e****lent choice, because they've certainly done something for you.

5. Donate your time...Big Brothers Big Sisters. Pass on your knowledge and guidance to an underpriveledged youth in your community. I don't have much spare cash, but try to give to my community in other ways. I've been doin it for years...

6. Quote Originally Posted by psulifter View Post
    Donate your time...Big Brothers Big Sisters. Pass on your knowledge and guidance to an underpriveledged youth in your community. I don't have much spare cash, but try to give to my community in other ways. I've been doin it for years...
    I worked with them before, its a cool organization.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

7. Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), i was diagnosed with crohn's 8 years ago. the organization is always looking for cures and new treatments and always need donations

8. How about donating a percentage of proceeds from my first childrens book to the American Heart Association?

check
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

9. Various Christian organizations and Multiple Sclerosis.

10. have like 2-3 annual fund raisers. the money would be put in a bank checking account....lets say u rise a million dollars (just throwing out a number) , put it in a cheacking called the get bulk foundation... now every year that account will gain intrest... so every year u can do cool stuff, like buy ppl houses or medical help...or to do as ur charity board members wish..so instead of just helping one time... you will be helping ppl even after we are long gone...thats what i would wana do......sooooo is this a contest or what?

11. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    How about donating a percentage of proceeds from my first childrens book to the American Heart Association?

check
    nicee

12. I would mostly likely want to give to any organization that are trying to defeat things like Cancer and STDs...but sadly those are the once that seem to show the least amount of progress...at all... Like literally 0%

So I guess something like American Heart Association seems a lot more worth the donation, since by the looks of all medications and things you can do it seems like something that actually is going anywhere...

13. Quote Originally Posted by empreality View Post
    I would mostly likely want to give to any organization that are trying to defeat things like Cancer and STDs...but sadly those are the once that seem to show the least amount of progress...at all... Like literally 0%

So I guess something like American Heart Association seems a lot more worth the donation, since by the looks of all medications and things you can do it seems like something that actually is going anywhere...
    Plus, why waste donations on a cause meant to cure a rapidly mutating STD contracted by stupidity/irresponsibility primarily in low/no-income and crime-ridden demographics?

14. Quote Originally Posted by empreality View Post
    I would mostly likely want to give to any organization that are trying to defeat things like Cancer and STDs...but sadly those are the once that seem to show the least amount of progress...at all... Like literally 0%
    The moneys not it the CURE, it's in the treatment!
    That's why there have been ZERO advances in these areas. Give you a shoot that cures you and say charge $100,000 for that? Compared to keeping you alive (barely) for ten years and the treatments costing nearly that much annually? Come on this is America and the sad fact is, if it don't make dollars-it don't make sense.........................

15. Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post
    Plus, why waste donations on a cause meant to cure a rapidly mutating STD contracted by stupidity/irresponsibility primarily in low/no-income and crime-ridden demographics?
    I'm guessing you wrote that with a hint of sarcasm? Because that may be true for the AIDS virus but that's it! When 4-10 college co-ed's are living with some type of STD. Add that up and that's a HUGE number of people, not exactly the low-no income crowd either..Some campuses have a higher percentage than that, so I would say the more you Fck around the more likely you are to contract something because let's face it Sht happens some times even if you use protection

16. Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    The moneys not it the CURE, it's in the treatment!
    That's why there have been ZERO advances in these areas. Give you a shoot that cures you and say charge $100,000 for that? Compared to keeping you alive (barely) for ten years and the treatments costing nearly that much annually? Come on this is America and the sad fact is, if it don't make dollars-it don't make sense.........................
    Well that's gay...I rather have it cured rather than waste 10 years....not having sex....Wff, wouldn't be surprised if the suicide rate is rather high with the infected people...because keeping your self alive with a virus inside you...idk, doesn't sound to pleasant at all...

17. I do a March of Dimes 3 miles fundraising walk each yr. in the spring. Just did my third this yr. and it's a good feeling to be helping ppl. out. You'd be surprised how much you can raise this way.

It's a good cause as it seeks to help the most innocent among us (babies) to be born healthy and not at a premature date.

18. Quote Originally Posted by empreality View Post
    Well that's gay...I rather have it cured rather than waste 10 years....not having sex....Wff, wouldn't be surprised if the suicide rate is rather high with the infected people...because keeping your self alive with a virus inside you...idk, doesn't sound to pleasant at all...
    90% of the population lives with a virus inside them all their life...

19. Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I'm guessing you wrote that with a hint of sarcasm? Because that may be true for the AIDS virus but that's it! When 4-10 college co-ed's are living with some type of STD. Add that up and that's a HUGE number of people, not exactly the low-no income crowd either..Some campuses have a higher percentage than that, so I would say the more you Fck around the more likely you are to contract something because let's face it Sht happens some times even if you use protection
    Natural selection at its finest I'd say. (no sarcasm)

20. Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post
    Natural selection at its finest I'd say. (no sarcasm)
    Ha,ha LMAO I agree on the over population of this mud ball but the thing with std's is there's only one that actually kills yo ass and that's AIDS. The rest just horribly disfigure your happy place lol........(no sarcasm either)

21. Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Ha,ha LMAO I agree on the over population of this mud ball but the thing with std's is there's only one that actually kills yo ass and that's AIDS. The rest just horribly disfigure your happy place lol........(no sarcasm either)
    Yea, STD's are gross. I wonder if I can say ***** *****.

EDIT: yes I can, ***** meaning the adjective of pus, i.e., a ***** that has pus coming out.

22. Muscular Dystrophy and Cancer.

My fiance is a nurse at a critical care hospital on the pediatrics floor. She has come home in tears, saddened by the wrath these two have had on kids - (3mo-22yr)

Along with what psulifter stated, donating money isn't the only thing. Go to a childrens' hospital and play with the kids (video games, drawing pictures, tea parties), donate used toys, and even clothing. Some kids never get a chance to go to the school dance, or even worse - get married to their childhood sweetheart while in the oncology floor, knowing he/she will only live for 2 more weeks!

23. Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Untrue
    Syphilis, AIDS, genital warts, herpes, hepatitis, and even gonorrhea have all been known to cause death
    taken from Sexually Transmitted Diseases
    EDIT another linky
    Deaths from Sexually Transmitted Diseases - WrongDiagnosis.com

24. ^^ Yea your right, if they go untreated for sure. I was about to go eat, Know I don't know if I can.........eckkkk!!!

25. Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    ^^ Yea your right, if they go untreated for sure. I was about to go eat, Know I don't know if I can.........eckkkk!!!
    true, and many people are afraid to get tested for fear of the "stigma" that comes with having an STD. Although 1/5 americans have herpes....... And alot of times people will have one flare up, think it is something else or nothing since it goes away <--- and there is your non-treatment. Just a little though process, be safe get tested!

26. Quote Originally Posted by Mikey13 View Post
    true, and many people are afraid to get tested for fear of the "stigma" that comes with having an STD. Although 1/5 americans have herpes....... And alot of times people will have one flare up, think it is something else or nothing since it goes away <--- and there is your non-treatment. Just a little though process, be safe get tested!
    Or don't be promiscuous?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

27. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Or don't be promiscuous?
    What???

28. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Or don't be promiscuous?
    I wouldn't mind touching Nelly's Furtado.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Huge Charity Event!
    By jjohn in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 08:45 AM
  2. Huge Charity Event!
    By jjohn in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 08:43 AM