What would YOU do for charity?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I would like to know what organization you would support/donate to. I am trying to know what touches most our community, and how we can help others.

More details to come!!!

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My vote's for the Wounded Warrior fund!! Those guys are REAL hero's and they come home disabled and unable to support there families, often waiting years for any support from the Gov they proudly and selflessly risk their live's to serve!! My hat is off to all who serve!!

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would like to know what organization you would support/donate to. I am trying to know what touches most our community, and how we can help others.

More details to come!!!
Donate to small businesses who employ a lot of people, for serious. Or pay people to do stuff for you, again for serious. Pay gratuitously if desired, but never give any amount of money to anyone unless they've done something for you to deserve it. That being said, giving it to wounded soldiers would be an excellent choice, because they've certainly done something for you.

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
Donate your time...Big Brothers Big Sisters. Pass on your knowledge and guidance to an underpriveledged youth in your community. I don't have much spare cash, but try to give to my community in other ways. I've been doin it for years...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Donate your time...Big Brothers Big Sisters. Pass on your knowledge and guidance to an underpriveledged youth in your community. I don't have much spare cash, but try to give to my community in other ways. I've been doin it for years...
I worked with them before, its a cool organization.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), i was diagnosed with crohn's 8 years ago. the organization is always looking for cures and new treatments and always need donations

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about donating a percentage of proceeds from my first childrens book to the American Heart Association?

check

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Various Christian organizations and Multiple Sclerosis.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
have like 2-3 annual fund raisers. the money would be put in a bank checking account....lets say u rise a million dollars (just throwing out a number) , put it in a cheacking called the get bulk foundation... now every year that account will gain intrest... so every year u can do cool stuff, like buy ppl houses or medical help...or to do as ur charity board members wish..so instead of just helping one time... you will be helping ppl even after we are long gone...thats what i would wana do......sooooo is this a contest or what?:twisted:

empreality

empreality

Awards
I would mostly likely want to give to any organization that are trying to defeat things like Cancer and STDs...but sadly those are the once that seem to show the least amount of progress...at all... Like literally 0%

So I guess something like American Heart Association seems a lot more worth the donation, since by the looks of all medications and things you can do it seems like something that actually is going anywhere...

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would mostly likely want to give to any organization that are trying to defeat things like Cancer and STDs...but sadly those are the once that seem to show the least amount of progress...at all... Like literally 0%

So I guess something like American Heart Association seems a lot more worth the donation, since by the looks of all medications and things you can do it seems like something that actually is going anywhere...
Plus, why waste donations on a cause meant to cure a rapidly mutating STD contracted by stupidity/irresponsibility primarily in low/no-income and crime-ridden demographics?

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The moneys not it the CURE, it's in the treatment!
That's why there have been ZERO advances in these areas. Give you a shoot that cures you and say charge $100,000 for that? Compared to keeping you alive (barely) for ten years and the treatments costing nearly that much annually? Come on this is America and the sad fact is, if it don't make dollars-it don't make sense.........................:sad:

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Plus, why waste donations on a cause meant to cure a rapidly mutating STD contracted by stupidity/irresponsibility primarily in low/no-income and crime-ridden demographics?
I'm guessing you wrote that with a hint of sarcasm? Because that may be true for the AIDS virus but that's it! When 4-10 college co-ed's are living with some type of STD. Add that up and that's a HUGE number of people, not exactly the low-no income crowd either..Some campuses have a higher percentage than that, so I would say the more you Fck around the more likely you are to contract something because let's face it Sht happens some times even if you use protection:sick:

empreality

empreality

Awards
The moneys not it the CURE, it's in the treatment!
That's why there have been ZERO advances in these areas. Give you a shoot that cures you and say charge $100,000 for that? Compared to keeping you alive (barely) for ten years and the treatments costing nearly that much annually? Come on this is America and the sad fact is, if it don't make dollars-it don't make sense.........................:sad:
Well that's gay...I rather have it cured rather than waste 10 years....not having sex....Wff, wouldn't be surprised if the suicide rate is rather high with the infected people...because keeping your self alive with a virus inside you...idk, doesn't sound to pleasant at all...

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I do a March of Dimes 3 miles fundraising walk each yr. in the spring. Just did my third this yr. and it's a good feeling to be helping ppl. out. You'd be surprised how much you can raise this way.

It's a good cause as it seeks to help the most innocent among us (babies) to be born healthy and not at a premature date.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Well that's gay...I rather have it cured rather than waste 10 years....not having sex....Wff, wouldn't be surprised if the suicide rate is rather high with the infected people...because keeping your self alive with a virus inside you...idk, doesn't sound to pleasant at all...
90% of the population lives with a virus inside them all their life...

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing you wrote that with a hint of sarcasm? Because that may be true for the AIDS virus but that's it! When 4-10 college co-ed's are living with some type of STD. Add that up and that's a HUGE number of people, not exactly the low-no income crowd either..Some campuses have a higher percentage than that, so I would say the more you Fck around the more likely you are to contract something because let's face it Sht happens some times even if you use protection:sick:
Natural selection at its finest I'd say. (no sarcasm)

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Natural selection at its finest I'd say. (no sarcasm)
Ha,ha LMAO I agree on the over population of this mud ball but the thing with std's is there's only one that actually kills yo ass and that's AIDS. The rest just horribly disfigure your happy place lol........(no sarcasm either):afro:

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha,ha LMAO I agree on the over population of this mud ball but the thing with std's is there's only one that actually kills yo ass and that's AIDS. The rest just horribly disfigure your happy place lol........(no sarcasm either):afro:
Yea, STD's are gross. I wonder if I can say pussy pussy.

EDIT: yes I can, pussy meaning the adjective of pus, i.e., a pussy that has pus coming out.

Mikey13

Awards
Muscular Dystrophy and Cancer.

My fiance is a nurse at a critical care hospital on the pediatrics floor. She has come home in tears, saddened by the wrath these two have had on kids - (3mo-22yr)

Along with what psulifter stated, donating money isn't the only thing. Go to a childrens' hospital and play with the kids (video games, drawing pictures, tea parties), donate used toys, and even clothing. Some kids never get a chance to go to the school dance, or even worse - get married to their childhood sweetheart while in the oncology floor, knowing he/she will only live for 2 more weeks!

Mikey13

Awards
Untrue
Syphilis, AIDS, genital warts, herpes, hepatitis, and even gonorrhea have all been known to cause death
taken from Sexually Transmitted Diseases
EDIT another linky
Deaths from Sexually Transmitted Diseases - WrongDiagnosis.com

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^ Yea your right, if they go untreated for sure. I was about to go eat, Know I don't know if I can.........eckkkk!!!

Mikey13

Awards
^^ Yea your right, if they go untreated for sure. I was about to go eat, Know I don't know if I can.........eckkkk!!!
true, and many people are afraid to get tested for fear of the "stigma" that comes with having an STD. Although 1/5 americans have herpes....... And alot of times people will have one flare up, think it is something else or nothing since it goes away <--- and there is your non-treatment. Just a little though process, be safe get tested!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
true, and many people are afraid to get tested for fear of the "stigma" that comes with having an STD. Although 1/5 americans have herpes....... And alot of times people will have one flare up, think it is something else or nothing since it goes away <--- and there is your non-treatment. Just a little though process, be safe get tested!
Or don't be promiscuous?

Mikey13

Awards
Or don't be promiscuous?
but the problem with that is. Say the average person male/female sleeps with 6 other partners. If your first has say oral herpes and gives you oral, you can now have herpes down there. You can use protection while having intercourse, but other partners could contract the herpes by giving oral. And I do not think 6 partners throughout your lifetime is being promiscuous, do you?
If you get tested every year, then those next 5 partners could have been spared contracting herpes. Males can carry herpes without ever having a flare up, but still pass it on to another partner.

Get tested - the more you know!

Anyhow - back on topic!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did a charity thread turn into an STD clinic? Since it has, i'll add my input to hopefully shed some light on the topic.

STD's range from everything such as syphillis, gonnorhea, hepatitis(Mainly B,C), to Hiv/Aids. ANY std can cause longterm issues if ignored, that is a fact.

Hiv/Aids will NEVER be solved or eradicated in any of our lifetimes. We are not even close to anything that can completely eliminate the virus(control yes, eliminate no). Even with astonishing advancements in modern medicine and current drug therapy designed to help your own immune system assist in maintaining its own health and continuously fight the virus.

Unfortuately, the virus is smart(hiding and avoiding immunologic intervention) rapidly mutating and eventually becoming resistant to even the most up-to-date Chemo-prophylactic therapy. Prevention is ABSOLUTELY key here.

I see the longterm results of those that choose to ignore it all the time. Be smart or be prepared to pay the consequenses. It's always a joke to everyone until they have to face the horrible reality themselves. Remember this, many of these diseases display generalized and non-specific symptoms initially. Don't be the ignorant or irresponsible fool that has too see it rear its ugly face.....

Ok back to the charity thread. :)

I'm a huge believer/contributer of the heart disease walk that is done every year down here in florida. I always do what i can to assist the cause in raising money for research and advancement.

Last edited:
T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since I don't have STDs, have no association with 'em, and don't intend on catchin any in the near or distant future, I'll get back on track cause I'm bored... ;)

I do occasional volunteer work for a local group - Habitat for Hounds. Just got involved. They help out abused animals (mainly dogs) in the area by either providing a better shelter or finding a better home. Our local SPCA is absolute crap, else I'd help them out.

Other than that, when something financially good happens to me, I like to pay it forward a bit. Ask the AX guys who sat at my table on night 2 of the Arnie this year what I tipped the waitress. Standard is 15%. She got about 95%. I figure, she might have a kid at home, or rent due, or an empty tank, or a goldfish with narcolepsy of somethin. When I'm in a good mood, I figure I might as well make someone else smile for a minute or two. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I don't have STDs, have no association with 'em, and don't intend on catchin any in the near or distant future, I'll get back on track cause I'm bored... ;)

I do occasional volunteer work for a local group - Habitat for Hounds. Just got involved. They help out abused animals (mainly dogs) in the area by either providing a better shelter or finding a better home. Our local SPCA is absolute crap, else I'd help them out.

Other than that, when something financially good happens to me, I like to pay it forward a bit. Ask the AX guys who sat at my table on night 2 of the Arnie this year what I tipped the waitress. Standard is 15%. She got about 95%. I figure, she might have a kid at home, or rent due, or an empty tank, or a goldfish with narcolepsy of somethin. When I'm in a good mood, I figure I might as well make someone else smile for a minute or two. :)
Tim you are a giant man that has a giant heart filled with greatness. :) I hope you get out to the olympia this year so i can meet ya brother.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
i still think its best to start ur own foundation... big or small, it will help ppl for generations

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
i still think its best to start ur own foundation... big or small, it will help ppl for generations
Yeah, well maybe later. I have so much to do now..

I will create an event which will include a chance to win supplements for a small donation, probably 2$ I am working on this :)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tim you are a giant man that has a giant heart filled with greatness. :) I hope you get out to the olympia this year so i can meet ya brother.
HA! Thanks for the compliment, but I'm usually a grumpy bastard. :aargh:

No go on the O- this year. :( Got a baby on the way in July and I won't be leaving home for quite a while. I'm still planning on Arnie 09, though. It's only a 6-hour drive, so much more feasible for me to just jump a state over for the weekend. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HA! Thanks for the compliment, but I'm usually a grumpy bastard. :aargh:

No go on the O- this year. :( Got a baby on the way in July and I won't be leaving home for quite a while. I'm still planning on Arnie 09, though. It's only a 6-hour drive, so much more feasible for me to just jump a state over for the weekend. :)
Congrats on the new addition to the family! I totally understand what you mean. We plan on attempting for a little trauma sometime after the O this year. Hopefully i'll get out to the arnie next year though. :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
ive done alot of volunteer work from Run for the Cure, to the MS society.Donating your time is very important and alot of people overlook it. I took a course in University 3 years ago about genetic diseases. Our term paper involved volunteering with a group or person and report on it. I worked with a 15 year old boy with Down Syndrome, he is amazing, and I still play basketball with him once a month at my school.

I think any charity would be great jjohn, and if you need anything from me for contests/auction let me know.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
The Naval Special Warfare Foundation http://www.nswfoundation.org/

Or the Program my friend has to get Surefire G2's (and other gear) to Soldiers in Iraq.

Or...any program to that takes care of our countries Soldiers and Veterans, since a huge part of their proper welcome home should involve them being thanked and recognized for the sacrifices they made when we asked them to.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
While I was in school in Alabama my class volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, I didnt quit understand it because the family we built a storage shed for looked well off... so now I just give monthly donations to the Boy an Girls Club and another organization through the Military Campaigns. And I donate funds to organizations that provide help and assistance to my fellow soldiers.

I'm deployed so thats why I dont give my time right now

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I would give to any organization that helps children born with serious medical conditions. ie. cancer, MS, Autism, ect... It really tears me up to see a child suffer for any reason :sad:.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Or don't be promiscuous?
Good advice.

I donate to Susan G. Komen. Breast cancer. Mom died last year from it so it's close to the heart. Also various Christian orgs. Young Life, etc.