Once you start, can you stop?

Dru

Dru

Awards
Just curious, once you try a great supplement that improves your workout and gives you great gains or focus at the gym, what do you do when its time to come off the cycle or if you cant afford the supplements anymore? Does it make going to the gym a bit depressing or disappointing when you cant lift the same? Or are supplements pyschological and just make people feel like its the supplement producing gains in strength and without them training is a struggle?

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
well id have to say that it does have a huge psychological effect on me personally. makes it that much harder but i still enjoy that burn you get pumping them weights out. i usually take a short time off when i'm out and try to lean up a little bit to prepare for the next round!

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
For a few months I was working out with no supplements, at first it was bad. Weights dropped and everything, but after a week or 2 I was getting stronger. I surpassed were I was before the supplements but then I got money again and took it another step up. Right now I just moved in with my gf and started a new job, so I have only been running and doing pull ups.. I will get another gym membership soon I hope! You can get big without supplements and have great workouts!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, once you try a great supplement that improves your workout and gives you great gains or focus at the gym, what do you do when its time to come off the cycle or if you cant afford the supplements anymore? Does it make going to the gym a bit depressing or disappointing when you cant lift the same? Or are supplements pyschological and just make people feel like its the supplement producing gains in strength and without them training is a struggle?
Whenever you stop the supps, just switch to a totally different workout style & regimen and you'll start from square one again as far as calibrating a new program and your body will be shocked into making new gains and strides.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually training without supps is a nice break once in awhile. Taking all that stuff and training like a fool is tiring. I like cleaning myself out. There will always be staples like fish oil vitamins etc. things used to maintain general good health.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There have been times when I have used nothing but vitamins and workouts have been good and times when I used more and it has been ok. I find a mix works best.

jathan_howe

Awards
If I have extra cash on hand, I can't stop. I'll buy up every new supp I wanna try at once

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Great question. I think it really depends on the type of product and the user. For example, stimulants like caffeine are very hard for me to take time off of. I find that I'm slower, sluggish, and perform worse in the gym. So a preworkout supplement is very important to me.

But with their products and supplements like whey protein and natural anabolic products, I find that they are helpful to add in, but not absolutely necessary for me. It can definitely be depressing to see your strength drop after a cycle though

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Nice 8 year bump, and I like your sig says "bump" as well, haha.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really think the strength goes down too much. That's more of a mental thing. You may feel a little less intensity which is what I've experienced. Also endurance may take a dip

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
I don't really think the strength goes down too much. That's more of a mental thing. You may feel a little less intensity which is what I've experienced. Also endurance may take a dip
This has been my experience, as well. It's mostly mental. I don't notice a major dip in my lifts, regardless of which supps I'm taking at the time (or not taking, as the case may be).

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just cycle it. I have been running X gels and x factor (ArA) for years now. Hands down best natty supp imo