Recreational Lifter Looking to Get Lean - Help!

iammysticyte

Awards
Hi Guys,

I have been lifting on-again, off-again since high school (12 years) and now I want to get serious. Even at my peak, I was never really seeing big gains, which would eventually lead me to stop lifting. Now, I work an office job and I have had enough. I want to get lean. My goal is to do so as naturally as possible, but after a 12 hour work day, the last thing I want to do is head to the gym.

What if I took a PW supplement (NO Xplode, for instance) a couple of times a week and just sustained creatine levels with some CEE. Is this a dumb idea? I am really new to supplements other than Protein. I am pretty sensitive to caffeine, so I don't want to go too far overboard.

Please help!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
So you want to take a creatine product a couple of times a week. O.K. are you going to work out and eat right or just take the supplement?

iammysticyte

Awards
Both

My diet is already on the right track. I really want an occasional boost when lifting and also some creatine to promote lean muscle mass. So, I want to take NO Xplode once or twice a week, but keep my creatine levels up throughout the week by taking pure creatine or CEE.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Well you have to have a routine, The occasional work out will get you sore and ticked off that nothing is happening.
You have to be consistent or you are wasting your time and money.

iammysticyte

Awards
Clarity

Let me be more clear. I want to work out 3-4 times per week, but I only want to take the NO once or twice and rely just on the CEE for the other workouts. I want to work out a lot, but I don't want to rely on the NO. I just want to use it as an aid when I need it.

I am fine with seeing slower gains, but I want to know if anyone else is doing this or if I would just be wasting the NO.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Alright, Now we understand each other. Yes what you want to do is fine plenty of people here including myself don't take NO boosters every time we workout. ANd you many want to go with regular Bulk creatine mono first before you drop the cash for CEE. Mono work well for new users and it is much cheaper. But back to your question Yes this would not be a bad idea nor would it hurt you.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your diet and lifting are on track then you would have or will, have a great deal of success. Supps will not do for you what diet and exercise will, supps will enhance these aspects a bit.

The most common downfall you see in young lifters is they get impatient and get onto the supps way too early. It is not necessary or wise. You have to find out how to do it without supps before you can really make supps work for you.

The signs of a good diet and workout routine are a high level of success, especially in the earlier stages. You will reach platueus this is why it is important to learn how to adjust your diet and exercise to be able to push through these so called plateaus.

Once you've learned all that this is where supps come in, your gains may have slowed after a couple years of steady effort and you have pretty much figured out how your body responds. Now is the time for supps, if you so choose.

Bare in mind vitamins and protein/aminos etc. I consider part of diet.

iammysticyte

Awards
Energy

My problem is that I am so exhausted after a long day of work that it is really hard for me to get energized to lift. I like the idea of having a good kick to get me ready.

Maybe I should just keep trying to do it naturally. Thanks for the advice.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once you get yourself to the gym you'll be ok. I have days when I don't feel like going and just generally feel too tired and those are some of best days in the gym. Just get your azz into the door and the world will turn. :twisted:

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
I have always found the regret of missing a workout as motivation to get my butt in the gym

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My problem is that I am so exhausted after a long day of work that it is really hard for me to get energized to lift. I like the idea of having a good kick to get me ready.

Maybe I should just keep trying to do it naturally. Thanks for the advice.
maybe try working out before work instead...