What's the most accurate way to measure bodyfat% at home?
- 05-21-2008, 12:07 PM
- 05-21-2008, 12:09 PM
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
IMO home tests are pretty uneliable as far as true body fat. If take them for what there worth there valuable in that you can still compare results however skewed they are.
BF% is just a number (I know its a big factor of progress though). I prefer to just go by the mirror (most important to me) and tape measurements.
05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
If you want to track your progress then precision is more important than accuracy (precision being the repeatability of measurment, accuracy being how "true" the number is). Body fat scales may not be the most accurate but they can be pretty precise provided you measure yourself under the same conditions each day. Calipers are ok, but can be time consuming to take enough points to be meaningful and are subject to user bias (you want your fat to be lower so your squeeze the calipers a little more than you should or you keep retesting to get a lower number).
05-21-2008, 01:34 PM
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
05-22-2008, 10:26 AM
05-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By mcr in forum AnabolicsReplies: 22Last Post: 03-25-2014, 02:24 PM
- By seancho in forum AnabolicsReplies: 17Last Post: 03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
- By gward in forum Training ForumReplies: 15Last Post: 12-10-2011, 10:10 AM
- By bj22 in forum SupplementsReplies: 37Last Post: 12-19-2008, 01:40 PM
- By bigred869 in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 02-06-2007, 08:01 AM