Buying bulk BCAA or EAA??

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
I am looking to buy some bulk AA, however, I noticed that the bulk EAA from NP also has the three BCAA.

So shouldn't I just buy the EAA bulk? The NP bulk EAA has the BCAA profile of:

leucine 4500 mg
isoleucine 800mg
valine 2000mg

that is fairly close to the 2:1:1 ratio.
Then the bulk EAA has the lysine,phenylalanine, threonine, histidine, methionine.

To me it would look like I just need to buy the bulk EAA and forget about the bulk BCAA as that is included in the EAA.

What am I missing?? hmmm :)

oh yes, I have used Xtend and Purple Wraath, however, I just have no use for the "energy matrix" or the CM or the flavoring.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
EAA has all 8 essential aminos required for protein synthesis to occur, whereas BCAA only has 3 specific EAA's.

if it was your only protein source i would use the EAA.
however, if you get enough complete proteins in your diet, BCAA supplmentation is perfectly fine. in this case the difference between using BCAA vs EAA is probably going to be negligable.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
It depends. Your body can not synthesize eaa's, so it's your best bet to go with eaa's IF IN FACT your not getting them through your diet. So if your eating like sh!t, then yeah you'll need them, but if your diet is solid, fish, red meats, turkey, chicken, eggs, milk, vegetables, then you are not really going to need eaa's.

The only real questino whether or not it's cost effective....

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am looking to buy some bulk AA, however, I noticed that the bulk EAA from NP also has the three BCAA.

So shouldn't I just buy the EAA bulk? The NP bulk EAA has the BCAA profile of:

What am I missing?? hmmm :)

I AM THE SAME BOAT

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I AM THE SAME BOAT

HOLY CRAP!!!

PRAISE JESUS!!! BROLIC WAS FINALLY BANNED!!!!

There is a good thread on pre/intra/post workout nutrition that I believe snagency started...The Animal guys were talking a lot about EAA vs BCAA in that thread...

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I could never understand anything he was saying...and the few posts I did sort out were just idiotic.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
if you overdo the BCAA though, you will need to use Tyrosine due to them causing an imbalance of aminos.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this is a tottaly messed up game
we need backup

krogtaar

Awards
if you overdo the BCAA though, you will need to use Tyrosine due to them causing an imbalance of aminos.
anyone have a good explanation of why this is? why does having a higher concentration of some of the amino acids slow protein synthesis

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 13
1988holloway Supplements 15
Supplements 13
ikeNball Supplements 15
Grayson Supplements 2