sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
1: Come up with a novel ingredient and then bury it under 15 old ones
2: Come up with three novel ingredients and put them all into one product
3: Put flavor above efficacy
4: Over-hype it
5: Come up with a great formulation and then add x,y,z because this or that company has them in THEIR product
6: Don't do any research to determine if combining ingredients may interfere with their mechanism of action
7: Don't do any research at all, just combine "popular" ingredients into one product whilly nilly
8: Put waxy maze starch into your product even though dextrose would be a better choice because a few people are "sugar-phobic"
9: Come up with a killer product and then use low quality ingredients
10: Come up with a killer product and then underdose the hell out of it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
5: Come up with a great formulation and then add x,y,z because this or that company has them in THEIR product
6: Don't do any research to determine if combining ingredients may interfere with their mechanism of action
7: Don't do any research at all, just combine "popular" ingredients into one product whilly nilly
8: Put waxy maze starch into your product even though dextrose would be a better choice because a few people are "sugar-phobic"
i got one word-MUSCLETECH.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not picking on anyone in particular because many manufacturers could be used as examples.
you are right many could be, but look at the write-up and ing list for anabolic halo. it sums up everything on you list.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
you are right many could be, but look at the write-up and ing list for anabolic halo. it sums up everything on you list.
yeah, muscletech is a big offender. Some of their products could be made a lot better.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Asylum Project, DAT DERE CELL TECH, And a host of others. I don't have enough time to type what they try to sell at GNC.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I am surprised MuscleTech never made a waxy maize version of cell tech, they could have sold that for hundreds.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
They aren't done yet. They still could.
What's funny is that a lot of smaller companies look to muscletech for ideas. Hey, muscletech is making a bank so if we just copy them then so will we -- never mind that we don't have the $50 mil+ advertising budget they do.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
All this for more $$$. What can you do? Not much but not buy from them..

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established

Umm Thats 99.9999999% of the products out right there.

Esp. #3.

Ive seen products with 200mg of Beta Alanine in a serving then use BA as a selling point (juganaunt).

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Umm Thats 99.9999999% of the products out right there.

Esp. #3.

Ive seen products with 200mg of Beta Alanine in a serving then use BA as a selling point (juganaunt).
I don't know about 99.9999999% but it is high. Obviously you can't have something that tastes like **** but if you can't make a great formula passable then maybe it shouldn't be in a formulation that necessitates flavoring.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I don't know about 99.9999999% but it is high. Obviously you can't have something that tastes like **** but if you can't make a great formula passable then maybe it shouldn't be in a formulation that necessitates flavoring.
At least One of those factors I quoted have something to do with 99.99% of the drink products out. I know for a fact for instance almost all pre-workout drink mixes are formulated around taste which is why they contain very low amounts of herbs.

My philosophy is to make the best product possible and then make it taste as good as its going to taste for that formulation. If people dont want to mix it with juice or complain it doesnt taste like Xtend thats not really my problem.

I hate seeing these new product reviews like...."those labels are sick" or "I got a sample of blabla...taste so good I ordered 2 tubs."

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
At least One of those factors I quoted have something to do with 99.99% of the drink products out. I know for a fact for instance almost all pre-workout drink mixes are formulated around taste which is why they contain very low amounts of herbs.

My philosophy is to make the best product possible and then make it taste as good as its going to taste for that formulation. If people dont want to mix it with juice or complain it doesnt taste like Xtend thats not really my problem.

I hate seeing these new product reviews like...."those labels are sick" or "I got a sample of blabla...taste so good I ordered 2 tubs."
makes you wonder if people have a bunch of "cool" labels hanging on their walls at home. The sad fact is a lot of those reviews are bogus.

Maybe I am tooold school, but if I wanted a Mcdonald's milk shake I would have one. If I want a protein shake then taste is not my major concern.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
makes you wonder if people have a bunch of "cool" labels hanging on their walls at home. The sad fact is a lot of those reviews are bogus.

Maybe I am tooold school, but if I wanted a Mcdonald's milk shake I would have one. If I want a protein shake then taste is not my major concern.
Well I understand protein for one has to taste somewhat good just because most protein products are the same so you might as well find one that taste good.

But I have seen people completely avoid products that taste so-so for a completely worthless product that taste "good." The companies just give the people what they want.

Mcdonalds do have some good Milk Shakes tho'

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Come up w/ a junk product ...put a lot of disguised caffeine in it so people can "feel it!". Give it a tasty flavor and BOOM you have the formula for most of what is sold as a wonder supplement.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Come up w/ a junk product ...put a lot of disguised caffeine in it so people can "feel it!". Give it a tasty flavor and BOOM you have the formula for most of what is sold as a wonder supplement.
I love the "feel". Why don't I feel that supplement, when does the test-E kick in, I must need to triple the dose. Maybe I need to add something else in. Then I will "feel" it.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I love the "feel". Why don't I feel that supplement, when does the test-E kick in, I must need to triple the dose. Maybe I need to add something else in. Then I will "feel" it.
Yeah usually its I love "x" product by blabla company.......then they go on to say they stacked with "y, z, and p" from the same company but they loved "x."

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Just take a really good product, seperate the ingredients into seperate bottles and make it a stack.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
also, kitchen sink supplements. 'the more the better'

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm, I think I know whom you are refering to. :fool2:
I like Nimbus because of the simplicity that they have. And their products work well for me.
Yeah usually its I love "x" product by blabla company.......then they go on to say they stacked with "y, z, and p" from the same company but they loved "x."

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
this must be in muscle-tech's hand book. probably written on a huge banner when you walk into their headquarters.:toofunny:

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
hey this is NO-XPLODE! hahaha

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about the, "Instant Injection Matrix!"
LOL!

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about the, "Instant Injection Matrix!"
LOL!

yeah and their CE3 technology...which doesn't exist...everyone hear about this lawsuit? ironically i think it was muscletech filing it.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
yeah and their CE3 technology...which doesn't exist...everyone hear about this lawsuit? ironically i think it was muscletech filing it.
Don't forget Muscletech's Cryogenic Thermomolecular Technology

I hereby introduce my Biomolecular Thermonuclear Technology.

Sheez this is easy just take some big sciency words and combine them, shnazzy.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Now with superpluripotent nanaocrystals!!!!

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
dont forget the steroid like inducing purple unicorns in their protein... now with 7 times the amount of semen... for added growth.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
dont forget the steroid like inducing purple unicorns in their protein... now with 7 times the amount of semen... for added growth.
y'all gonna get sued. Their legal team sends out letters like pizza hut coupons.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
let me tell you a funny story that happens just earlier. I put lots of empty containers in my gym bag. (drive bottles,IGF-2, retain 2) The GNC was closed because i worked out at night, but anyway i set the bottles there and left them a note. Get better supplements. I kinda found it amusing. We should all do this!

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Now Legal Gear would NEVER do such a thing.. right?

:rolleyes:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
let me tell you a funny story that happens just earlier. I put lots of empty containers in my gym bag. (drive bottles,IGF-2, retain 2) The GNC was closed because i worked out at night, but anyway i set the bottles there and left them a note. Get better supplements. I kinda found it amusing. We should all do this!
I like the cut of your jib. :clap2:

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now Legal Gear would NEVER do such a thing.. right?

:rolleyes:
Like I said earlier, I am not calling out anyone in particular because I could go down the list of companies and probably pick out at least one product for each. But, as Chuck Deisel said in another thread, companies are giving the people what they want. If it didn't sell, it wouldn't be on the shelves. BTW, I haven't worked for LG Sciences for > 6 months.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
don't give them any help. i want to see them go belly-up for being the over priced rip offs they are. nutra planet rules. btw-it's no coincidence that gnc is so linked to muscletech.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards

you just named every sports nutrition company on the market, sans about 5.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
you'd actually be very hard pressed to find many companies who do make an effort to try and make something innovative, instead of piggybacking each other's creations and adding 'ethyl ester' to it.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
you'd actually be very hard pressed to find many companies who do make an effort to try and make something innovative, instead of piggybacking each other's creations and adding 'ethyl ester' to it.
I have a crapload of stuff sitting on the shelf of my mind.

CanadianJuicy

Awards
Bash MuscleScam? I cant believe what im reading. Jay Cutler got big from MuscleScam products so it has to be good hahahaha what a pile of ****....worst part about the **** is thay take advantage of all the high school kids that think supplements will make them monsters....unreal

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can't really blame the companies for doing this. If they didn't how would they sell anything? You have to make yours look better than the other. Thats how ALL businesses work. The consumer is the one that needs to make an educated decision.

Like chuck said some stuff tastes great but blows, other's are so-so but has a solid ingredient profile. Don't be dumb look at the profile and stomach the stuff because it works.

Muscle Tech may suck but they make more money than any one of us on here. I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying they do, they are a very successful business and use very effective marketing. The truly good companies that put out effective stuff, like most all here on AM make their money because they have highly effective products and if they had the marketing money that MusleTech had they probably market the same way (but deliver on their "promises")

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Y If they didn't how would they sell anything? Y
hmmm... make products that WORK and actually do what they say they are gonna? ... novel idea :frustrate

Muscle Tech may suck but they make more money than any one of us on here.

of course they do... they are lying, and scamming people who dont know any better

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
How bout selling these products in a shop that lies to it's customers about the effectiveness of the products? And make sure these shops are in most malls where teenagers like to hang out?

CanadianJuicy

Awards
How bout selling these products in a shop that lies to it's customers about the effectiveness of the products? And make sure these shops are in most malls where teenagers like to hang out?
You mean GNC? haha

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget Muscletech's Cryogenic Thermomolecular Technology

I hereby introduce my Biomolecular Thermonuclear Technology.

Sheez this is easy just take some big sciency words and combine them, shnazzy.
""(Powered By Patent-Pending:
Jet Pulverizing, Hammer Milling,
Lyophilization Cryogenic Technologies
The muscle manipulating capabilities of Anabolic Halo™ are synchronized by three pharmaceutical inspired technologies. The first, subzero cryogenic anabolic technology, utilizes liquid nitrogen at impossibly-low temperatures as cold as -320 degrees fahrenheit to process a precise portion of a key anabolic driver. A second, subzero cryogenic process, called lyophilization, alters the physical properties of a proprietary key dose of a novel ingredient in Anabolic Halo™. A third subzero cryogenic technology exposes a key musclebuilding compound to a 180-minute treatment of liquid nitrogen at -150 degrees fahrenheit to create a molecular structure unlike anything ever witnessed in the bodybuilding world.""

I actualy did all that at home and created that ionic fission car engine they had in the movie Speed Racer.
Now I will never have to use gas again.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
""(Powered By Patent-Pending:
Jet Pulverizing, Hammer Milling,
Lyophilization Cryogenic Technologies
The muscle manipulating capabilities of Anabolic Halo™ are synchronized by three pharmaceutical inspired technologies. The first, subzero cryogenic anabolic technology, utilizes liquid nitrogen at impossibly-low temperatures as cold as -320 degrees fahrenheit to process a precise portion of a key anabolic driver. A second, subzero cryogenic process, called lyophilization, alters the physical properties of a proprietary key dose of a novel ingredient in Anabolic Halo™. A third subzero cryogenic technology exposes a key musclebuilding compound to a 180-minute treatment of liquid nitrogen at -150 degrees fahrenheit to create a molecular structure unlike anything ever witnessed in the bodybuilding world.""

I actualy did all that at home and created that ionic fission car engine they had in the movie Speed Racer.
Now I will never have to use gas again.

you guys love that