Bodybuilding potential of Methylenedioxypyrovalerone

T

TroubleWithin

Banned
Awards
I'm not sure if this belongs in the Supplement Forum, so bare with me.

During my Googling, I stumbled upon MPDV and I'm curious as to why this potent CNS stimulant has not been explored as a pre-workout drug/supplement. According to the accounts I've read, by recreational users, (Haha, make of it what you will) they have had no issues with Customs, despite warnings on various websites, when importing it from the UK or Canada.

It is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, reported to be four times more potent than Ritalin (methylphenidate) and is assumed to be safer than said drug... (For the record, I didn't make this assumption, recreational users did, and I don't doubt probable long term ill-health effects, but it is an interesting compound)

I understand it to be the following:

- A CNS stimulant comparable to cocaine
- A potent aphrodisiac, moreso than methamphetamine (Due to it's dopamine reuptake inhibiting properties)
- Slightly euphoric

Has anyone, other than Nelix, had experience with this drug? Chemists, what are your thoughts?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hmm.. I ain't a chemist, but that sounds like it is a little too strong for me.. And I doubt that the use of this compound on a regular basis would be beneficial at all. Talk about elevated cortisol!

T

TroubleWithin

Banned
Awards
Hmm.. I ain't a chemist, but that sounds like it is a little too strong for me.. And I doubt that the use of this compound on a regular basis would be beneficial at all. Talk about elevated cortisol!
Yeah mate, elevated cortisol would be a problem, as with most stimulants. Apparently tolerance is developed fairly quickly too and the crash is pretty bad. I probably should of taken that into consideration before posting. Maybe someone here at AM could devise a hypothetical stack in which it would be beneficial?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Well, if the crash is bad, then there would be no real use, as most stims are used during a cutting phase. I would personnaly not touch it, as like you say, the crash is bad, and this would have a tendency to eat what you aren't supposed to during this phase. So a no no for me personnaly.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
That's a little too spicy for me. I would like to still be able to function while I work out.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I do like the more potent than meth part. You know that's what I look for in a work out booster.

T

TroubleWithin

Banned
Awards
I do like the more potent than meth part. You know that's what I look for in a work out booster.
Hahaha, that was just one of the positive aspects of the drug, even if not in pre-workout context. I'm probably kicking a dead horse with this, i just found it interesting.

Could MDPV (half-life ~5 hours) be stacked with a stimulant that has a longer half-life, like 1,3 dimethylamylamine, (~8 hours) to lessen the crash?

As for the cortisol issue; would it be solved by including Andrenosterone in the stack? As it prevents 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase reductase from converting cortisone into cortisol, am I correct in saying that it's mechanism of action would not have a contradictory effect on the CNS stimulation from MDPV and 1,3 dimethylamylamine?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is very interesting sounding... where can i read some more about it? I think maybe like supp aimed just for CNS pre workout, not an everyday thing, might be an idea but if the crash is really bad that could be a problem.

T

TroubleWithin

Banned
Awards
This is very interesting sounding... where can i read some more about it? I think maybe like supp aimed just for CNS pre workout, not an everyday thing, might be an idea but if the crash is really bad that could be a problem.
Try searching www.bluelight.ru and similar forums. I've never experienced a crash from 1,3 dimethylamylamine, so it would be an interesting stack. That said, I've never developed tolerance either, as some have reported, so I don't know...

S

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Just because some people dont crash from 1,3 dimethylamylamine doesnt mean it has a long half life or one of 8 hours. Ive never seen any research to show that it lasts that long.

Now getting back to the topic, based on structure modifications and type there is a VERY good chance MDPV would be considered an analog and would carry the same sentance weight as MDMA etc. No one having any issues yet doesnt mean they will never have any issues. If it were a more well know compound its likely that more people would have trouble.

Everyone should just keep it in mind before they start trying to order this in the US.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Really? this would be considered an analog? Pyrovalerone is schedule V. Are there any type of restrictions on Schedule V substances? I think it would be hard to consider MDPV an analog of MDMA as the base is completely different. Also it does not have empathogen/entactogen qualities of MDMA.

Where did you get it from? what is the effective/optimal dose?

futrochem

futrochem

Awards
Yeah I'm a biochemist and that sounds good I would stack that with some weed and vodka before my workout though, not as a stand alone.

T

TroubleWithin

Banned
Awards
Just because some people dont crash from 1,3 dimethylamylamine doesnt mean it has a long half life or one of 8 hours. Ive never seen any research to show that it lasts that long.

Now getting back to the topic, based on structure modifications and type there is a VERY good chance MDPV would be considered an analog and would carry the same sentance weight as MDMA etc. No one having any issues yet doesnt mean they will never have any issues. If it were a more well know compound its likely that more people would have trouble.

Everyone should just keep it in mind before they start trying to order this in the US.
For the record, I'm in Australia and I haven't - nor do I know anyone who has - tried to import this.

Anyway, I was only using 1,3 dimethylamylamine as an exampe. I have no way of knowing how long its half-life actually is, but after reading a few forums posted with this (mis)information, I assumed that an 8 hour half-life seemed about right. I'm sure there are other substances it could be stacked with.

I am in no way, shape or form, a chemist, but if it were labelled with some sneaky/chopped-up nomenclature, as many of the better supplements are, would it squeeze past the analogue law?

When I posted this thread, I wasn't trying to convince people to purchase this compound, I was trying to offer something to the more enterprising individuals on AM.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
can u buy this any where in bulk? I love me some adderol when studying :D

T

TroubleWithin

Banned
Awards
Really? this would be considered an analog? Pyrovalerone is schedule V. Are there any type of restrictions on Schedule V substances? I think it would be hard to consider MDPV an analog of MDMA as the base is completely different. Also it does not have empathogen/entactogen qualities of MDMA.

Where did you get it from? what is the effective/optimal dose?
Hey mate, I just familiarized myself with your Controlled Substances Act there in the US for the benefit of this thread. Lomotil is an example of a Schedule V drug along side Pyrovalerone. I doubt anyone has ever been prosecuted for being in possession of/importing Lomitol as an analogue of the narcotic Pethidine, which is Schedule II under the Controlled Substances Act, so It's highly unlikely that one would be convicted for importing MDPV as an analogue of a Schedule I drug. (MDMA)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is there a brand name for MDPV? (eg Methylphenidate hydrochloride = Ritalin)

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Hey mate, I just familiarized myself with your Controlled Substances Act there in the US for the benefit of this thread. Lomotil is an example of a Schedule V drug along side Pyrovalerone. I doubt anyone has ever been prosecuted for being in possession of/importing Lomitol as an analogue of the narcotic Pethidine, which is Schedule II under the Controlled Substances Act, so It's highly unlikely that one would be convicted for importing MDPV as an analogue of a Schedule I drug. (MDMA)
Importing and possession is quite a bit different than SELLING it in the U.S. when your talking about scheduling of drugs, especially when you get down the ladder to the IV and V category.

It also seems as if the crash would just be unbearable for most. Especially since a lot of people have used supps the past 2-3 years that have been crash free, not withstanding that there are some that still do cause a crash feeling.

T

TroubleWithin

Banned
Awards
Most of the recreational accounts have only reported a hard crash after going on extended binges of MDPV.

Warbird, I don't think there's a trade name for MDPV because it's a fairy unknown drug.

A

Affliction

Awards

Importing and possession is quite a bit different than SELLING it in the U.S. when your talking about scheduling of drugs, especially when you get down the ladder to the IV and V category.

It also seems as if the crash would just be unbearable for most. Especially since a lot of people have used supps the past 2-3 years that have been crash free, not withstanding that there are some that still do cause a crash feeling.

Its not covered under the analog act. A good dosage is 5-10 mg pending on how well your tolerance is to things,there isnt a crash from it or any tired feeling unless you over do it. When taking it jsut dont keep on taking it, it is good to work/workout on. people have crashes due to doing too much so they can keep their "high" but when done in 5-10 mg doses in moderation it works out well. Also try to stay away from doing it before you want to sleep. Thats what i found out from "recreational" users.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
Its not covered under the analog act. A good dosage is 5-10 mg pending on how well your tolerance is to things,there isnt a crash from it or any tired feeling unless you over do it. When taking it jsut dont keep on taking it, it is good to work/workout on. people have crashes due to doing too much so they can keep their "high" but when done in 5-10 mg doses in moderation it works out well. Also try to stay away from doing it before you want to sleep. Thats what i found out from "recreational" users.
2yr old thread... with that said i doubt anyone wants to use this prewo its euphoric and very amphetamine like . personally i wouldnt want to use it prewo or at all because its extremely addicting and when i had used it before im glad i ran out of my 500mg bag

A

Affliction

Awards
2yr old thread... with that said i doubt anyone wants to use this prewo its euphoric and very amphetamine like . personally i wouldnt want to use it prewo or at all because its extremely addicting and when i had used it before im glad i ran out of my 500mg bag
you clearly have an addictive personality and must have done too high of a dosage it should not have been euphoric amphetamine like at all a 500 mg bag should have lasted you quite a long time unless you weren't using it just for working out purposes...and this being a two year old thread it still didn't have an accurate answer/portrayal of MDPV

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure if this belongs in the Supplement Forum, so bare with me.

During my Googling, I stumbled upon MPDV and I'm curious as to why this potent CNS stimulant has not been explored as a pre-workout drug/supplement. According to the accounts I've read, by recreational users, (Haha, make of it what you will) they have had no issues with Customs, despite warnings on various websites, when importing it from the UK or Canada.

It is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, reported to be four times more potent than Ritalin (methylphenidate) and is assumed to be safer than said drug... (For the record, I didn't make this assumption, recreational users did, and I don't doubt probable long term ill-health effects, but it is an interesting compound)

I understand it to be the following:

- A CNS stimulant comparable to cocaine
- A potent aphrodisiac, moreso than methamphetamine (Due to it's dopamine reuptake inhibiting properties)
- Slightly euphoric

Has anyone, other than Nelix, had experience with this drug? Chemists, what are your thoughts?
no- but I have plenty of experience with methamphetamines- not any more for three years but used to use it frequently and i seriously doubt it is stroneger than meth on the dopamine factor

also i think it would be dangerous more so than clen to use a chemical like this

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you clearly have an addictive personality and must have done too high of a dosage it should not have been euphoric amphetamine like at all a 500 mg bag should have lasted you quite a long time unless you weren't using it just for working out purposes...and this being a two year old thread it still didn't have an accurate answer/portrayal of MDPV
maybe he does have an addictive personality- but consider what kind of chemical we are talking about- it has the potential to addict ANYONE

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
MDPV has become the "drug of choice" for people in the UK looking for a "legal" (i.e. not specifically listed) high since mephedrone was illegalized. Some people getting some nasty sides from it too, although it may be limited to those snorting it.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
A fairly recent bulletin from skynews:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Ivory-Wave-Warning-Over-New-Legal-High-After-Numerous-Cases-Treated-At-UK-Hospitals/Article/201008315692164?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15692164_Ivory_Wave:_Warning_Over_New_Legal_High_After_Numerous_Cases_Treated_At_UK_Hospitals

Police and health professionals have warned of the dangers of a new "legal high" after 10 people were treated at hospitals around the country.

Ivory Wave hospital admissions have been reported in England and Scotland

Ivory Wave is sold online as "soothing bath salts" - but abusers snort it to bring on a euphoric high that can be accompanied by side-effects such as hallucinations, extreme agitation and heart damage.

Tests on the substance - also known as Ivory Coast or Purple Wave - have found it can contain MDPV, a powerful psychoactive drug.

After six people were admitted to hospital in Cumbria last week, one doctor said she had never seen anything like it.

In one case it took four porters to restrain a young woman believed to have taken the party drug, while a 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm after he allegedly assaulted a hospital worker.

Dr Kate Wilmer, consultant cardiologist at West Cumberland Hospital, said the symptoms witnessed were "much worse" than the effects of the banned drug mephedrone.

"People are coming into the hospital in an extremely agitated state with acute paranoid psychosis.

"If you try to give them anything to help them, they are convinced you are trying to harm them so we have had to completely knock out two or three of them in order to treat them.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A fairly recent bulletin from skynews:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Ivory-Wave-Warning-Over-New-Legal-High-After-Numerous-Cases-Treated-At-UK-Hospitals/Article/201008315692164?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15692164_Ivory_Wave:_Warning_Over_New_Legal_High_After_Numerous_Cases_Treated_At_UK_Hospitals

Police and health professionals have warned of the dangers of a new "legal high" after 10 people were treated at hospitals around the country.

Ivory Wave hospital admissions have been reported in England and Scotland

Ivory Wave is sold online as "soothing bath salts" - but abusers snort it to bring on a euphoric high that can be accompanied by side-effects such as hallucinations, extreme agitation and heart damage.

Tests on the substance - also known as Ivory Coast or Purple Wave - have found it can contain MDPV, a powerful psychoactive drug.

After six people were admitted to hospital in Cumbria last week, one doctor said she had never seen anything like it.

In one case it took four porters to restrain a young woman believed to have taken the party drug, while a 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm after he allegedly assaulted a hospital worker.

Dr Kate Wilmer, consultant cardiologist at West Cumberland Hospital, said the symptoms witnessed were "much worse" than the effects of the banned drug mephedrone.

"People are coming into the hospital in an extremely agitated state with acute paranoid psychosis.

"If you try to give them anything to help them, they are convinced you are trying to harm them so we have had to completely knock out two or three of them in order to treat them.
in short- dont take this sh1t

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it sounds like a mixture of speed lsd and peyote- i have done plenty of speed done lsd but never peyote but im sure its bad- fuk this stuff DEVIL!