mixing proteins!

ptdanny

Awards
I never really though about mixing my proteins, sometimes i would do a scoop of whey with 1-2 scoops of a mass gainer, just to get the best of both worlds sometimes.

However, now i've been working out later in the evening and sometimes my post workout meal is my last meal of the day, before bed so i've been mixing 1 scoop of a casein type powder with 1 scoop of whey.

I figured the whey would help because it absorbed quickly which i need after my workout & since im going to bed soon the slower casein one would help for when im sleeping.

I just wanted to make sure that they still work properly if mixed together, or if they should be taken separately. I take some amino acids for different things, and they cannot be mixed or they don't work as well and fuse together, just making sure the powders aren't like this.

My whey is usually ON Whey, or EAS, and my current casein is Elite 12 hour.

Thanks guys!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The casein might slow it down a little bit, but it would not be a big deal. If you continue with this route you may want to look into milk protein isolate, it is a mix of casein and whey, at the same ratio of plain milk. There have also been studies showing a mix caused greater muscle gain, I personally always have a protein mix post workout and I recover pretty quick.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
i do this often. Lets say i use ultra peptide which is a slow digesting protien but only has about 19g protien a scoop well if if want just a tad bit more grams i add some cinnabun whey concentrate, half scoop of that will get me a total of around 30g or whatever i want. plus banana and a touch of cinnamon is go00o00od! I dont think you need to think about it that much. unless you are using whey isolate with casein then maybe but depending on the ratio i think both types will work as they were designed, some isolate may take longer but there should still be some that get absorbed quickly.