It only took me 8 years to figure out the beauty of the preworkout carb drink

  1. Senior Member
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    604
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    1.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    It only took me 8 years to figure out the beauty of the preworkout carb drink


    So normally I didn't drink or eat much before a workout. Maybe a normal meal 2 hours ahead of my workout but I never had a preworkout drink/meal per se. Well I started up on Waxy Maize Starch, Beta-Alanine, and Creatine Mono. DANG! Why haven't I been doing this before? Great pumps and great lifts. It's like my muscles instantly get filled with hardening goodness. I always though the postworkout WMS drink was better, but I'm going for WMS drink pre (somewhat during) and then some Whey post and see how that works for a while. I know I'm probably telling everyone something they knew after 1 month of lifting. I'm often hard-headed and skeptical of new things. :cheers;

  2. New Member
    cal62887's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    228
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    6.47%

    I've taken Vendetta by Xtreme Fromulations as my only pre-workout meal for a few days now and enjoy it immensely.
  3. Professional Member
    pmiller383's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    2669
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    75.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Don't feel bad bud, I just taught one of my friends that he can use dex/malto before and after workouts, the kid has been going through three loafs of white bread a week for the past 5-6 years because of lifting. And I still have plenty of friends who don't believe they need anything more than beer after a workout.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Don't feel bad bud, I just taught one of my friends that he can use dex/malto before and after workouts, the kid has been going through three loafs of white bread a week for the past 5-6 years because of lifting. And I still have plenty of friends who don't believe they need anything more than beer after a workout.
    Before I was truly serious about training.Well I would train consistently(too much actually)but didn't research anything so had no clue of eating right,and the suggested reps and sets and all that good stuff.....anyways I trained after work and I build fences which is very physically draining.So the only way I would work out was to sit down,drink 2-4 beers,then go at it cause I felt rejuvinated at that point.Then I would continue drinkng and get straight up drunk!Good thing I drank every day back then,I would have missed alot of wo's if not!
  5. Banned
    jsp0882's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    62.89%

    there's no pump like a waxy maize pump. But even now after using it for like 3 weeks I don't get a pump like I used to. I think my body gets acclimated to supps way too fast
  6. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2001
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    So normally I didn't drink or eat much before a workout. Maybe a normal meal 2 hours ahead of my workout but I never had a preworkout drink/meal per se. Well I started up on Waxy Maize Starch, Beta-Alanine, and Creatine Mono. DANG! Why haven't I been doing this before? Great pumps and great lifts. It's like my muscles instantly get filled with hardening goodness. I always though the postworkout WMS drink was better, but I'm going for WMS drink pre (somewhat during) and then some Whey post and see how that works for a while. I know I'm probably telling everyone something they knew after 1 month of lifting. I'm often hard-headed and skeptical of new things. :cheers;
    Its always quality to provide some substrate (either a bigger whole meal 90 minutes or a liquid carb/protein 30 min is how I like to roll) to spare glycogen, stay hydrated, and keep your blood filled with amino acids. The effects this method can have on blunting cortisol release and muscle damage during training (especially if it continued into your workout) is quite substantial.
  7. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%

    It only took me 2 years to find out I perform better in the gym without having had carbs within 2-3 hours before workout. And that I have more of an appetite for a post-workout meal.
  8. Senior Member
    papapumpsd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Power
    1071
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    12.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Arginine Ethyl Ester DiHCL pre-workout....cheap, and it WORKS. I'm low-carbing it and doing pre-workout cardio for cutting. With AEE I keep going and don't get hypoglycemic. BAM!
  9. New Member
    Sharia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    32.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Don't feel bad bud, I just taught one of my friends that he can use dex/malto before and after workouts, the kid has been going through three loafs of white bread a week for the past 5-6 years because of lifting. And I still have plenty of friends who don't believe they need anything more than beer after a workout.
    Hello, what do you mix dex/malto with? Water? DO you add anything else like protien? I want to make my own pre-workout drink so I am looking for some advice.
  10. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,493
    Rep Power
    3576219
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    57.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharia View Post
    Hello, what do you mix dex/malto with? Water? DO you add anything else like protien? I want to make my own pre-workout drink so I am looking for some advice.
    when i have carbs in a time period very close to workout i usually just mix em with some EAA's, Creatine, and beta-alanine
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  11. sly
    Board Supporter
    sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    747
    Rep Power
    515
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    78.64%

    Yup, Always take my Waxy Maize during and after workout, always a staple for me.
  12. New Member
    Sharia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    32.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Yup, Always take my Waxy Maize during and after workout, always a staple for me.
    Do you take Waxy maize by istelf?
  13. sly
    Board Supporter
    sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    747
    Rep Power
    515
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    78.64%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharia View Post
    Do you take Waxy maize by istelf?
    In water during workout, Mixed with protein powder post workout
  14. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    In water during workout, Mixed with protein powder post workout
    Gross. You drink starch while working out? I'd either need some enzymes or have it sit in my stomach waiting to start being digested after workout.
  15. Senior Member
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    604
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    1.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I typically don't drink anything except water while I work out. I now like to do around 30-40g of Waizy Maize Starch in 20oz of water preworkout (like 15 minutes prior). If I'm feeling randy I'll toss in some BCAA and/or stim of my choice, usually just WMS...although lately I've been taking Neovar with it.
    Then post workout I'll have maybe 30g of WMS and 20g of Whey protein in 20oz of water. I'm no expert it just seems to work ok for me. Lately I've been leaving the WMS out of postworkout drink though b/c I'm trying to cut down on carbs and I workout at night.
  16. New Member
    arizonanewbie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    187
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    68.24%

    Last week I got sick of the nauseous feeling I get when I only have NO Shotgun before working out. So I threw 3 tbsp of oat flour into my waterbottle and added 32 oz. of water. My workout was better and I felt 100% better. Is WMS much better than oat flour?
  17. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by arizonanewbie View Post
    Last week I got sick of the nauseous feeling I get when I only have NO Shotgun before working out. So I threw 3 tbsp of oat flour into my waterbottle and added 32 oz. of water. My workout was better and I felt 100% better. Is WMS much better than oat flour?
    WM digest quiclky and oat flour should digest slowly since it's made from oats.Although it is a different texture than oats so it might get digested quicker but I don't know.

    I do know that no shotgun sucks!I love xlevol and many love ragnarock.I'm going to try rag out.I want something to switch back and forth with xlevol.
  18. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    I typically don't drink anything except water while I work out. I now like to do around 30-40g of Waizy Maize Starch in 20oz of water preworkout (like 15 minutes prior). If I'm feeling randy I'll toss in some BCAA and/or stim of my choice, usually just WMS...although lately I've been taking Neovar with it.
    Then post workout I'll have maybe 30g of WMS and 20g of Whey protein in 20oz of water. I'm no expert it just seems to work ok for me. Lately I've been leaving the WMS out of postworkout drink though b/c I'm trying to cut down on carbs and I workout at night.
    Doesn't matter what time of day. If you're cutting and must choose between pre or post workout carbs, always pick post-workout. No sense in eating carbs when your insulin sensitivity isn't high and you're trying to reduce bodyfat gain.
  19. Advanced Member
    eatingisfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    485
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    78.24%

    Yeah, it doesn't really work for me. I do lifting and 40 mins of cardio post workout. Post workout is 60g whey. It doesn't make sense to take carbs and just burn those off during cardio instead of hopefully burning fat.
  20. New Member
    lbarber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    325
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    90.05%

    Yeah, I like Hydrolyzed Rice syrup. It tastes good, too and I don't have to use very much of it so it lasts for quite a while. That and peptopro, both in fruit punch, make a good combination.

    Oh, I use around 2/3 cup of HRS total for my workouts... Too much and you'll be pissing a lot throughout the day from the sodium levels.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. t-911 plus a preworkout drink?
    By Dirty music in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 08:07 PM
  2. Leviathan Reloaded / Preworkout Drink ???
    By mankussm in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
  3. preworkout drink non-creatine
    By shimshadee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
  4. Best No Carb/Anabolic Diet Preworkout/NO Drink?
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 04:25 PM
  5. Help me form/pick the best Preworkout drink
    By Hollidae in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 03:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in