It only took me 8 years to figure out the beauty of the preworkout carb drink

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
So normally I didn't drink or eat much before a workout. Maybe a normal meal 2 hours ahead of my workout but I never had a preworkout drink/meal per se. Well I started up on Waxy Maize Starch, Beta-Alanine, and Creatine Mono. DANG! Why haven't I been doing this before? Great pumps and great lifts. It's like my muscles instantly get filled with hardening goodness. I always though the postworkout WMS drink was better, but I'm going for WMS drink pre (somewhat during) and then some Whey post and see how that works for a while. I know I'm probably telling everyone something they knew after 1 month of lifting. I'm often hard-headed and skeptical of new things. :) :cheers;

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
I've taken Vendetta by Xtreme Fromulations as my only pre-workout meal for a few days now and enjoy it immensely.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Don't feel bad bud, I just taught one of my friends that he can use dex/malto before and after workouts, the kid has been going through three loafs of white bread a week for the past 5-6 years because of lifting. And I still have plenty of friends who don't believe they need anything more than beer after a workout.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't feel bad bud, I just taught one of my friends that he can use dex/malto before and after workouts, the kid has been going through three loafs of white bread a week for the past 5-6 years because of lifting. And I still have plenty of friends who don't believe they need anything more than beer after a workout.
Before I was truly serious about training.Well I would train consistently(too much actually)but didn't research anything so had no clue of eating right,and the suggested reps and sets and all that good stuff.....anyways I trained after work and I build fences which is very physically draining.So the only way I would work out was to sit down,drink 2-4 beers,then go at it cause I felt rejuvinated at that point.Then I would continue drinkng and get straight up drunk!Good thing I drank every day back then,I would have missed alot of wo's if not! :lol:

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there's no pump like a waxy maize pump. But even now after using it for like 3 weeks I don't get a pump like I used to. I think my body gets acclimated to supps way too fast

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
So normally I didn't drink or eat much before a workout. Maybe a normal meal 2 hours ahead of my workout but I never had a preworkout drink/meal per se. Well I started up on Waxy Maize Starch, Beta-Alanine, and Creatine Mono. DANG! Why haven't I been doing this before? Great pumps and great lifts. It's like my muscles instantly get filled with hardening goodness. I always though the postworkout WMS drink was better, but I'm going for WMS drink pre (somewhat during) and then some Whey post and see how that works for a while. I know I'm probably telling everyone something they knew after 1 month of lifting. I'm often hard-headed and skeptical of new things. :) :cheers;
Its always quality to provide some substrate (either a bigger whole meal 90 minutes or a liquid carb/protein 30 min is how I like to roll) to spare glycogen, stay hydrated, and keep your blood filled with amino acids. The effects this method can have on blunting cortisol release and muscle damage during training (especially if it continued into your workout) is quite substantial.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It only took me 2 years to find out I perform better in the gym without having had carbs within 2-3 hours before workout. And that I have more of an appetite for a post-workout meal.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Arginine Ethyl Ester DiHCL pre-workout....cheap, and it WORKS. I'm low-carbing it and doing pre-workout cardio for cutting. With AEE I keep going and don't get hypoglycemic. BAM!

Sharia

Awards
Hello, what do you mix dex/malto with? Water? DO you add anything else like protien? I want to make my own pre-workout drink so I am looking for some advice.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello, what do you mix dex/malto with? Water? DO you add anything else like protien? I want to make my own pre-workout drink so I am looking for some advice.
when i have carbs in a time period very close to workout i usually just mix em with some EAA's, Creatine, and beta-alanine

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yup, Always take my Waxy Maize during and after workout, always a staple for me.:thumbsup:

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In water during workout, Mixed with protein powder post workout
Gross. You drink starch while working out? I'd either need some enzymes or have it sit in my stomach waiting to start being digested after workout.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I typically don't drink anything except water while I work out. I now like to do around 30-40g of Waizy Maize Starch in 20oz of water preworkout (like 15 minutes prior). If I'm feeling randy I'll toss in some BCAA and/or stim of my choice, usually just WMS...although lately I've been taking Neovar with it.
Then post workout I'll have maybe 30g of WMS and 20g of Whey protein in 20oz of water. I'm no expert it just seems to work ok for me. Lately I've been leaving the WMS out of postworkout drink though b/c I'm trying to cut down on carbs and I workout at night.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Last week I got sick of the nauseous feeling I get when I only have NO Shotgun before working out. So I threw 3 tbsp of oat flour into my waterbottle and added 32 oz. of water. My workout was better and I felt 100% better. Is WMS much better than oat flour?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Last week I got sick of the nauseous feeling I get when I only have NO Shotgun before working out. So I threw 3 tbsp of oat flour into my waterbottle and added 32 oz. of water. My workout was better and I felt 100% better. Is WMS much better than oat flour?
WM digest quiclky and oat flour should digest slowly since it's made from oats.Although it is a different texture than oats so it might get digested quicker but I don't know.

I do know that no shotgun sucks!I love xlevol and many love ragnarock.I'm going to try rag out.I want something to switch back and forth with xlevol.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I typically don't drink anything except water while I work out. I now like to do around 30-40g of Waizy Maize Starch in 20oz of water preworkout (like 15 minutes prior). If I'm feeling randy I'll toss in some BCAA and/or stim of my choice, usually just WMS...although lately I've been taking Neovar with it.
Then post workout I'll have maybe 30g of WMS and 20g of Whey protein in 20oz of water. I'm no expert it just seems to work ok for me. Lately I've been leaving the WMS out of postworkout drink though b/c I'm trying to cut down on carbs and I workout at night.
Doesn't matter what time of day. If you're cutting and must choose between pre or post workout carbs, always pick post-workout. No sense in eating carbs when your insulin sensitivity isn't high and you're trying to reduce bodyfat gain.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it doesn't really work for me. I do lifting and 40 mins of cardio post workout. Post workout is 60g whey. It doesn't make sense to take carbs and just burn those off during cardio instead of hopefully burning fat.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I like Hydrolyzed Rice syrup. It tastes good, too and I don't have to use very much of it so it lasts for quite a while. That and peptopro, both in fruit punch, make a good combination.

Oh, I use around 2/3 cup of HRS total for my workouts... Too much and you'll be pissing a lot throughout the day from the sodium levels.