pre-workout sups - laasting benefit?

mikehalliday

Awards
OK I get that som NO etc, before a workout give you a more noticable "pump" after your workout, and for a while after, but it the benefit lasting, that is is it just giving you the vanity effect of looking ripped for a couple hours, or is there a longer term benefit to pre-workout supps? (other than protein etc) Sorry if this is a poorly formed question, but I want to make sure that if i am spending eh money it is producing a real benefit.

Currently, I try to have a good dose of protein and carbs shortly before workout and again immediatly after workout, (I like "Aftershock" powder for that post workout) And I am taking an efedra based fat burner, and a Test booster daily.
Currently working on my biggest problem , and that is the large amount of reduced fat cheez-its I eat. Bad calories!!

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would say the only benefit it gives u is the extra energy to work out harder which will give you long lasting benefits but probably not anything more than some coffee or a caffeine pill. If u want a good pump with lasting effects try anabolic pump or pslin or a natty test booster

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
im not quite sure what your trying to ask...is it what is a pre-wo that will give you a lasted pump and energy? if so try no2, RPM i have found them to be nice

mikehalliday

Awards
im not quite sure what your trying to ask...is it what is a pre-wo that will give you a lasted pump and energy? if so try no2, RPM i have found them to be nice
kind of, but I was under the impression that this "pump" is only enhanced for a couple hours after worout, that there is not long lasting effect. Do you find that NO2 , etc produce better growth, etc, that lasts?

Saurabh

Awards
OK I get that som NO etc, before a workout give you a more noticable "pump" after your workout, and for a while after, but it the benefit lasting, that is is it just giving you the vanity effect of looking ripped for a couple hours, or is there a longer term benefit to pre-workout supps? (other than protein etc) Sorry if this is a poorly formed question, but I want to make sure that if i am spending eh money it is producing a real benefit.
Yes it is.

The way I look at it is this. You build your muscles while you work out, and outside when you eat and take proper rest. Now both of these(exercise and nutrition/rest) go hand in hand. There is no point doing one when you can not do the other.

My pre-workout drink(normally NO with some Creatine, BCAA, Beta Alanine etc) makes sure that I have energy, focus and desire to lift heavy. You can eat all the great carbs and proteins but what good is it if you dont have the drive inside the gym? At the same time what good is your NO powder if your diet is cr@ppy?

I say go for a good NO product, a tub should set you back by about 30 bucks for a month supply(if you work 5 days a week), thats like a dollar a day.

Little Rambo

Little Rambo

Awards

Currently, I try to have a good dose of protein and carbs shortly before workout and again immediatly after workout, (I like "Aftershock" powder for that post workout) And I am taking an efedra based fat burner, and a Test booster daily.
Currently working on my biggest problem , and that is the large amount of reduced fat cheez-its I eat. Bad calories!!
Are you asking what the pre-workout supplements and/or NO are designed to do? Yes they do give you the somewhat "vanity" effect for the duration of the workout as well as afterward, but the main intentions of products such as these are to promote the blood flow to your muscles. The more blood being forced into your muscles causes them to expand and grow, thus what the supps are designed to do.

Again not sure if that was what your question was as it was a little misworded, but hope that helps bro.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no2 products won't give u lasting results u can find cheaper ways of getting energy

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't want a long-lasting pump because NO is a free radical. Also, a perpetual pump is not physiologically possible because, while training, your body shifts blood from other sources to whichever muscle group(s) that are under stress. This is, of course, when not on AAS because many AAS increase EPO and nitrogen retention which gives not only more blood volume, but also responsible for increased protein synthesis.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You don't want a long-lasting pump because NO is a free radical. Also, a perpetual pump is not physiologically possible because, while training, your body shifts blood from other sources to whichever muscle group(s) that are under stress. This is, of course, when not on AAS because many AAS increase EPO and nitrogen retention which gives not only more blood volume, but also responsible for increased protein synthesis.
I think he's asking about long lasting muscle building effects not long lasting pump

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
closest thing to a long last energy feel would be RPM its a relaxed energy increase. ALso check out royal jelly, bee pollen. energy up by Vitamin shoppe is a decent energy boost product

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never used energy or No. products for one simple reason. I do not feel I need any help in getting pumped or need energy to work out as I am aleady insane about my workouts and have never needed an extra boost. That being said, there goes the only real benefit, if it made me work harder then yah it would help, but I don't think that's possible.

As a matter of fact I don't even understand why anyone would take it. If they don't have the energy to go balistic in the gym why go.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have never used energy or No. products for one simple reason. I do not feel I need any help in getting pumped or need energy to work out as I am aleady insane about my workouts and have never needed an extra boost. That being said, there goes the only real benefit, if it made me work harder then yah it would help, but I don't think that's possible.

As a matter of fact I don't even understand why anyone would take it. If they don't have the energy to go balistic in the gym why go.
In sorry but that was one of the dumbest posts I've seen the guy asked a question and u respond to brag about how much of an "animal" u are in the gym. Then u proceed to tell him if he doesn't have enough energy he shouldn't go to the gym? That's brilliant. In no way shape or form did u help the poster with any info to answer the question

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yah that's a *****... but for you brighter guys you know I am saying that I don't think No. products help long term, the only possible benefit being that it enhances your workouts and if it does then yes possibly... you see it wasn't the post that was dumb.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yah that's a *****... but for you brighter guys you know I am saying that I don't think No. products help long term, the only possible benefit being that it enhances your workouts and if it does then yes possibly... you see it wasn't the post that was dumb.
Ok nowhere in ur post did u say that and u also said that if it could increase the intensity of ur workout it would give long lasting effects meaning that it would work. But u had to throw in there how amazing u were without energy and NO supps. Sorry i hate hearing people brag its pointless and helps no one

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not believe there is any real long term benefits. The idea is basically to have a more intense workout, with better pumps, improved strength, which in theory leads to more weight being lifted, and more muscle fibers recruited.

There's tons of different pre-workout supplements. For me SteelEdge gaves me ridiculous focus and drive. RPM gave me energy, and others give me aggression. It's really about trying to find what fits your goals and compliments your strengths/weaknesses. Some people have work for 50+ hours a week, so they have a hard time having energy left to hit the gym. For them, a solid pre-workout with some stims might be ideal.

So overall, there might not be any long-term benefits directly linked to pre-workout supplements, but the idea is they help give you solid workouts consistently, which will help long term progression.

mikehalliday

Awards
Thanks all, that is what I had thought, and though i did not particularly well pose the question, you all gave me some great info that answered my intended question. Thanks ALL!

You guys ROck!