cissus/wieght loss? - AnabolicMinds.com

cissus/wieght loss?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

cissus/wieght loss?

I know Cissus is good for tendon and joint repair, actually getting ready to order some. My right elbo has been killing me lately. But has any one noticed any wieght loss while taking it? They had an article in Flex on how it can contirubute to wieght loss. Just curios. I will mainly be taking it for joint health and repair.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It can reduce cortisol levels.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Professional Member

I read an article that said green tea and cissus combine make a fairly decent fat burner stack.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    I read an article that said green tea and cissus combine make a fairly decent fat burner stack.
    Probably the same article. It said to take 1000mg of Cissus twice a day combined with 500 to 1000mg of Green Tea. Though it did not specify if the green tea was taken once or twice a day so unsure if it is 500 to 1000mg a day or 1000 to 2000mg a day. Like I said I will mainly take it for tendon repair and health but will welcome a little wieght loss.
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

The study you guys are thinking of suggested that Cissus Q., may have beneficial effects in reducing Metabolic Syndrome. However, its actual application would suggest otherwise - at least directly.
  6. Team Anabolic

Lipids Health Dis. 2008 Mar 31;7:12.

The use of a Cissus quadrangularis/Irvingia gabonensis combination in the management of weight loss: a double-blind placebo-controlled study.

Oben JE, Ngondi JL, Momo CN, Agbor GA, Sobgui CS.
    Laboratory of Nutrition and Nutritional Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry, B,P, 812, University of Yaound? 1, Yaound?, Cameroon. juliusoben@hotmail.com

AIM: To evaluate the effects of two formulations, Cissus quadrangularis-only and a Cissus quadrangularis/Irvingia gabonensis combination, on weight loss in overweight and obese human subjects. METHODS: The study was a 10 week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 72 obese or overweight participants (45.8% male; 54.2% female; ages 21-44; mean age = 29.3). The participants were randomly divided into three equal (n = 24) groups: placebo, Cissus quadrangularis-only, and Cissus quadrangularis/Irvingia gabonensis combination. Capsules containing the placebo or active formulations were administered twice daily before meals; no major dietary changes nor exercises were suggested during the study. A total of six anthropomorphic and serological measurements (body weight, body fat, waist size; total plasma cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, fasting blood glucose level) were taken at baseline and at 4, 8 and 10 weeks. RESULTS: Compared to the placebo group, the two active groups showed a statistically significant difference on all six variables by week 10. The magnitude of the differences was noticeable by week 4 and continued to increase over the trial period. CONCLUSION: Although the Cissus quadrangularis-only group showed significant reductions on all variables compared to the placebo group, the Cissus quadrangularis/Irvingia gabonensis combination resulted in even larger reductions. This apparently synergistic formulation should prove helpful in the management of obesity and its related complications.

PMID: 18377661 [PubMed - in process]
    PMCID: PMC2330043
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how does my wieght loss stack look?
    By Gonzo14 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 03:19 PM
  2. DC and wieght loss
    By Snuggles in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
  3. Killer wieght loss stack and plan! - 5% here i come!
    By justreading in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 12:57 PM
  4. wieght gain/loss, strength, body composition
    By realsoundjim in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 08:32 AM