Women's Birth Control....methylated?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys not sure what forum this question is most appropraite for but I was wondering about the chemical structure and propertyies of women's birth control pills as it relates to methylation?

Are women's birth control pills (generally) methylated? If not then how is the absorbtion sufficient to be taken orally? If they are why is there not publicized incidents of liver toxcicity (while methylation does not directly cause toxcicity......can methylation of an estrogen vs methylation of an androgen make that much difference?)

So how is it birth control is not extremely bad for the liver, 1) nonmethyl ; 2) methyl but non-toxic

Mr.50

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The amount needed to effectively regulate pregnancy is extremely low. Not sure what it is dosed at, but what makes it through the liver is enough.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The amount needed to effectively regulate pregnancy is extremely low. Not sure what it is dosed at, but what makes it through the liver is enough.
So most birth control pills contain non methylated hormones? And even though they are non methylated and absorbtion is lower still enough is absorbed for what is needed to regulate pregnancy???

I guess that would do it. Too bad it takes more androgens to stimulate protein synthesis then it does estrogens to regulate pregnancy :(

Mr.50

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
BC is like a penis on crack, i've been an addict for months.