free radicals

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
What supplements are the best for either the destruction or at least control of the deadly and elusive "free radicals"?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Rpn just put out a great new product called NoXidant

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Personally I take some Vit C and Vit E with my post workout shake to help combat free radicals but am going to try and probably switch over to RPNs NoXidant (the price and profile are just too damn enticing).

heres a link if you want to check it out:
NoXidant (90 Capsules) By: RPN

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Green Tea/White Tea/Black Tea.

Garlic.

Coffee. (In moderation)

Red Wine. (also in moderation)

and last but not least diet. No fried food. Add green leafy vegetables, tomatoes.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, NOxidant FTW! :dance:

I'll be posting up a Q&A for NOxidant shortly in the write-up in our RPN section.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
oh trauma alwasy 1 step ahead. check out my back improvements on that Neovar/RPM stack

TheNoid

TheNoid

Awards
I'd agree with the above posters, noxidant and the teas are great supps. Also if you use a vitamin E supp look at the label. Most vit e supps are contain dl-alpha-tocopherol, which is basically the cheapest to produce. Look for E supps with alpha-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol and delta-tocopherol.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd agree with the above posters, noxidant and the teas are great supps. Also if you use a vitamin E supp look at the label. Most vit e supps are contain dl-alpha-tocopherol, which is basically the cheapest to produce. Look for E supps with alpha-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol and delta-tocopherol.

Did somebody say.....Dominos? ;)

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Try toco-8 from primordial performance for vitamin E, it's supposed to be better than tocopherols.

Also sustain alpha should be nice for a dose of resveratrol, you get more than what you get from red wine out of it, I guess it's a bit pricey to use constantly all the time though.

Also greens/superfood supplements are supposed to be very potent sources of anti-oxidants.

A word of caution though, apparently too much anti-oxidants can turn into pro-oxidants, so it's probably best not to overdo it.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
currently i'm taking 2 ADAM by NOW, i'll have o check and see which kind thy use.......NOW is a good supplement/vitamin company, i bet hey us the alpha-tocopherol kind, but i'll check.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Try toco-8 from primordial performance for vitamin E, it's supposed to be better than tocopherols.

Also sustain alpha should be nice for a dose of resveratrol, you get more than what you get from red wine out of it, I guess it's a bit pricey to use constantly all the time though.

Also greens/superfood supplements are supposed to be very potent sources of anti-oxidants.

A word of caution though, apparently too much anti-oxidants can turn into pro-oxidants, so it's probably best not to overdo it.
never heard of the last thing you wrote here.....it's goo to know. and yea, anything but red wine will do, I'm allergic to alcohol.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

Too much of the same anti-oxidant can in turn be pro-oxidative. It's almost as if the anti-oxidants have easily destroyed the free radicals and get bored, so they fight us instead!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too much of the same anti-oxidant can in turn be pro-oxidative. It's almost as if the anti-oxidants have easily destroyed the free radicals and get bored, so they fight us instead!
This is a very good point FOG. You don't want to completely elimitante free radicals, you just want to keep them in check. Free radicals don't discriminate in who they attack, they also attack germs within the body also........so essentially they are beneficial in some way. :)

I encourage you all to check out the NOxidant write-up i finished last night. It's a pretty good read. :)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recomp-performance-nutrition/92509-noxidant-write-up.html

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
I will actually be ordering something called emerald balance. It's supposed to be pretty good and people say it can improve the health of skin and hair. Nutraplanet doesn't sell it though.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I will actually be ordering something called emerald balance. It's supposed to be pretty good and people say it can improve the health of skin and hair. Nutraplanet doesn't sell it though.
Emerald balance looks pretty solid, but I really love how NoXidant is no cal and also 11$ less for the same 30 serving supply (at least from what I saw from a quick google search). Also NoXidant is geared towards the counteracting of reactive nitrogen species as opposed to a general all in one type deal.

Let us know how you like Emerald Balance though (I hear it tastes pretty good as well).

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Emerald balance looks pretty solid, but I really love how NoXidant is no cal and also 11$ less for the same 30 serving supply (at least from what I saw from a quick google search). Also NoXidant is geared towards the counteracting of reactive nitrogen species as opposed to a general all in one type deal.

Let us know how you like Emerald Balance though (I hear it tastes pretty good as well).
Exactly.This is the main focus of NOxidant. This product is geared towards protection of free radical development(mainly the highly reactive nitrogen species) that results from intense weight training. It's all about keeping your temple highly anabolic and healthy. :D