Recreate/ap/powerfull

UCIJMH

Awards
I started the Recreate AP Powerfull Poseidon stack about 2 weeks ago and have a few questions. Since starting it I have lost a rediculous amount of weight (fat weight) but have not really added any muscle. I am 6'2'' and was 223 at the start of my stack. 2 weeks in I am at 208. I didnt realize it was going to lean me out so fast and was hoping it would add some muscle at the same time (maybe a dream). I work graveyards and only have time to eat about 3-4 times a day and am trying as hard as I can to get a lot of protein but realistically only eat about 150 grams with about 1500 calories. After the AP I am using Waxy Maize and getting about 40 grams of carbs. Any suggestions on how can I start adding some muslce weight so I dont turn into a stick at the end of this stack??? Ive been working out 6-7 times a week, one muscle group a day... maybe a switch to multiple muslce groups and adding 50 grams protein/700 calories???? Any ideas/suggestions would be great...thanks!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started the Recreate AP Powerfull Poseidon stack about 2 weeks ago and have a few questions. Since starting it I have lost a rediculous amount of weight (fat weight) but have not really added any muscle. I am 6'2'' and was 223 at the start of my stack. 2 weeks in I am at 208. I didnt realize it was going to lean me out so fast and was hoping it would add some muscle at the same time (maybe a dream). I work graveyards and only have time to eat about 3-4 times a day and am trying as hard as I can to get a lot of protein but realistically only eat about 150 grams with about 1500 calories. After the AP I am using Waxy Maize and getting about 40 grams of carbs. Any suggestions on how can I start adding some muslce weight so I dont turn into a stick at the end of this stack??? Ive been working out 6-7 times a week, one muscle group a day... maybe a switch to multiple muslce groups and adding 50 grams protein/700 calories???? Any ideas/suggestions would be great...thanks!
I'm unsure of your concern. While it would have been best to take BF% measurements before and after to verify the quality (muscle or fat) of the weight loss, we will start from your perception. Do you feel it is primarily adipose, or muscle? If it is the former, I'm unsure of what your concern is; if it is the latter, I would suggest making meals on off days to ensure your most important meals are prepared ahead of time.

As well, that is a very impressive amount of weight loss (assuming it is primarily adipose) in that time period - be happy with such fantastic results! If you are weary about absolute weight (remember, it is the quality, not quantity of weight loss), I would simply suggest adjusting your macronutrient level to reflect your altered goals.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is the most interesting thing I am finding with AP...be careful or you could lose weight. But in my case the weight is fat..without trying. So I am slowly adding in more quality carbs and really overall calories to stave of weight loss. I am able to keep the scale static and am recomposing my body. This makes me believe that if I wanted to just manipulate calories slightly I could cut up or bulk up with ease. The addition of recreate would only potentiate either.

Quite honestly the potential with the addition of recreate scares me and have avoided so until achieving body composition goals without it. I do not want to get spoiled and am trying my best to avoid doing so.

My advice would be to consider what I stated in the first paragraph and apply as desired.

So I am slowly adding in more quality carbs and really overall calories to stave of weight loss. I am able to keep the scale static and am recomposing my body. This makes me believe that if I wanted to just manipulate calories slightly I could cut up or bulk up with ease. The addition of recreate would only potentiate either.

Quite honestly the potential with the addition of recreate scares me and have avoided so until achieving body composition goals without it. I do not want to get spoiled and am trying my best to avoid doing so.

My advice would be to consider what I stated in the first paragraph and apply as desired.
:goodpost:
First paragraph is SUPER important guys so please read, momorize, and apply. BB150 will test you later.

just spoil yourself, you deserve it!

UCIJMH

Awards
It is definitely fat loss mostly but I can I have lost a little muscle too... I am concerned because I dont want to get too small ... I absolutely love the fat loss but is their a way to keep the fat loss and still add muscle?? I am guessing I should just increase calories and protein and keep at it but if theres another idea im open to it...

cynic

cynic

Awards
I am guessing I should just increase calories and protein and keep at it but if theres another idea im open to it...
Nope...that's pretty much it. At 200+ pounds 1500 cals and 150 grms of protein just isn't going to cut it. Adding cals and meals can be a pain in the ass, esp. when you've got a tough schedule, but just plan ahead and make it a habit.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Dood, w/o all those products you'd lose all that weight. Are you kidding me man? 6'2", 200+ and only 1,500 cals/day, working out 5-6x/week? All fat loss? Highly doubtful considering you're only getting 150g prot/day. (TBD as no pre/post BF testing was done). How is your strength (weights you're pushing in the gym? Going up? Down?).

Make a good mass gainer powder. Buy quality whey powder + Teff Flour (or your waxy maise or another carb powder) + flax oil (or another healthy oil), mix that stuff up and pound it.

I bring shakes to work (and extra powder). I drink them every 3 hrs (I'm cutting - FYI).

I hope you find a remedy man.

UCIJMH

Awards
strength is the same...im not going down but not really making any improvements at all....

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
UC,

I think you have misunderstood some fundamentals - and more importantly, expectations - of weight loss. Let us start with fundamentals:

Anti-Catabolism:

This is the secondary, or some would say primary, fundamental to address of weight loss. Placing one's metabolism in a starvation state will have the opposite effect on cortisol levels, lipogenesis, Testosterone maximization, and nitrogen balance one seeks during a cutting phase. It is important to choose the proper quantity of food to ensure that your body, while not necessarily gaining muscle, will not lose it.

The amount of weight you are losing, I would say, cannot be attributed to our products - but rather, the significantly low level of calories you are currently ingesting. I would suggest readjusting your macronutrient profile to reflect your goals.

Expectations:

Without the assistance of pharmaceutical anabolics, and no supplementation, a reduction of lean body mass is inevitable while reducing calories. Quite simply, eating under your metabolic rate will cause your body to release several polypeptides to address its necessary intake. This means the release of cortisol, glucagon, and isoforms within adipose which bind to blood lipids. While we are slowly releasing that Anabolic Pump alone, irrespective of the addition of ReCreate, is making this process a thing of the past, a balanced diet is yet necessary to avoid it.