Vitamin C Question..

Saurabh

Awards
.. I have never used Vitamin C tablets as extra supplements, have almost always depended on my daily multivitamin for that. However recently I bought a seperate bottle of Vitamin C tablet and it seems to have given that little extra boost in the gym and a feeling of well-being.

Is it just a pschycological thingy or have others experienced it too? Do you take seperate Vit-C tablets or depend on your multi for it?

Thanks!

Rumpnuts

Rumpnuts

Awards
along with my multiV in the morning and before bed, I also supplement time released vit-c twice throughout the day. Highly recommended for its antioxident propertys, I'd also look in to ala, or R-ala if you have the funds.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I don't take a multi, but I do dose a little vit-c thruout the day. The thing with C, though, is it is water soluble, and has a very short half-life, somewhere around an hour. Also, you apparently can't absorb more than 90mg or so at a time, so taking those 500-1000 mg non-time release ones is a bit of a waste, although C IS cheap as hell.

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
.. I have never used Vitamin C tablets as extra supplements, have almost always depended on my daily multivitamin for that. However recently I bought a seperate bottle of Vitamin C tablet and it seems to have given that little extra boost in the gym and a feeling of well-being.

Is it just a pschycological thingy or have others experienced it too? Do you take seperate Vit-C tablets or depend on your multi for it?

Thanks!
i myself do take xtra vitc tabs ..twice a day 500mg/cap .. what i usually do is .. put one tab in 16oz bottle and by the morning its all mixed up and then i add some country lemon lime ..taste like mountain dew and works very well as an energy suppliment :)

ptdanny

Awards
I don't think it would hurt at all. Sometimes i would really crank up my vitamin C, never had anything bad come from it.

I take a multi-vitamin on a daily basis, and also a Vit C whenever i think I'm getting sick or at chance of it. I also think taking 2x a day or so is better than one big shot, and bound explained why.