Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine

tgass

tgass

Awards
Quick and easy question, is Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine the same thing as Propionyl L-Carnitine? the same that is on DCP and the same stuff we can get on bulk at NP??

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not the same thing, no....it is an altered form hypothetically combining the benefits of PLCAR and Glycine.

From what I have seen, it is pushed more as an endurance/recovery angle.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not the same thing, no....it is an altered form hypothetically combining the benefits of PLCAR and Glycine.

From what I have seen, it is pushed more as an endurance/recovery angle.
Yep! A propionyl carnitine ester plus glycine. Also suggested to inhibit lipid peroxidation, enhance muscle function and endurance, promote blood flow, support elimination of lactic acid/waste products from the body, serve as antioxidant, and so on...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep! A propionyl carnitine ester plus glycine. Also suggested to inhibit lipid peroxidation, enhance muscle function and endurance, promote blood flow, support elimination of lactic acid/waste products from the body, serve as antioxidant, and so on...
Do you have any experience with it?

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I though that because carnitine, in whatever form, helps the mitochondria to oxidise FFAs that it was a PRO-oxidant. Is it not so in this case?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have any experience with it?
Yes. I have not only used it stand-alone as GlycoCarn™ (Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCl, a Sigma-tau Health Science trademark) but also as part of an advanced carnitine complex of GlycoCarn™, ArginoCarn™ (Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate Di-HCl, also a Sigma-tau trademark, with an added arginine molecule to ALCAR), and Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL.
In both cases, the results were significant, ranging from ameliorating nervous-system oxidative stress, acetylcholine and dopamine support, to improved endothelial function, enhanced heart function/blood flow and endurance. Overall, though, I preferred the carnitine stack due to the synergy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i added a 100gms of regular plcar and another 100gms of tricreatine malate to a jug of nimbus's swell and REALLY liked it. endurance/recovery/libido all increased and got some really good pumps and muscle fullness.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I though that because carnitine, in whatever form, helps the mitochondria to oxidise FFAs that it was a PRO-oxidant. Is it not so in this case?
The addition of a glycine molecule propionyl l-carnitine changes its pathway(s), just like the addition of an arginine molecule to acetyl-l-carnitine provides it with the exceptional capability of regenerating neurites, a result that regular acetyl-l-carnitine usually is unable to deliver.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would this be a better way to increase NO vs a no product like no xplode or super pump 250?

Ares

Ares

Banned
Awards
Yes. I have not only used it stand-alone as GlycoCarn™ (Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCl, a Sigma-tau Health Science trademark) but also as part of an advanced carnitine complex of GlycoCarn™, ArginoCarn™ (Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate Di-HCl, also a Sigma-tau trademark, with an added arginine molecule to ALCAR), and Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL.
In both cases, the results were significant, ranging from ameliorating nervous-system oxidative stress, acetylcholine and dopamine support, to improved endothelial function, enhanced heart function/blood flow and endurance. Overall, though, I preferred the carnitine stack due to the synergy.

Interesting info.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes interesting Ares, but how the fudge does one quantify such anecdotal feedback and separate it from benefits of regular diet and training? Stratego??

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes interesting Ares, but how the fudge does one quantify such anecdotal feedback and separate it from benefits of regular diet and training? Stratego??
I believe one should understand one's body and the impact exercise and good diet have on it. Once that foundation is clear, it is easy to identify even subtle changes that are triggered by supplementation. Besides, certain food supplements are able to provide certain results faster and deeper than exercise and diet alone can manage.