Ayurvedic medicine

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one know about it? Looks sorta bogus to me.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
been using it for thousands of years in india. bogus? no.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of good research on ayurvedic herbs like ashwagandha, bacopa, etc.

NOT bogus.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of good research on ayurvedic herbs like ashwagandha, bacopa, etc.

NOT bogus.
bump to that. need to add Curcumin. helps with a plethora of illnesses and ailments.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
the componentes in P-Slin (gymnema especially) have also been used in ayurvedic medicine also.

Saurabh

Awards
Any one know about? Looks sorta bogus to me.
Bogus?? :hammer: What's bogus about medicines which are almost always 100% natural? Even if they dont work for you in the very least you will not have any side-affects. Of course it goes without saying that this has been in use in India, and that part of the world for thousands of years.

An experience of mine. I personally used to have running nose, caught cold every 2 weeks when I was 16 or so. Then I ate the following religiously for 2 odd years, a spoonful a day. It is more than a decade but I have never had any cold/allergy.

For people with seasonal allergies I would recommend it greatly. You can find it online or in most local Indian stores.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Most herbal products on the market have roots in Ayurveda. Not bogus in the slightest.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
been using it for thousands of years in india. bogus? no.

I am Jewish I believe in the Torah. They claim ayurvedic medicine is over 5000 years old which means it would be older than the Torah. Since I believe in the Torah it would be contradictory. Since the Torah is not as old as this ayurvedic medicine and yet the most highly respected oldest belief and most well documented I wonder. I believe in herbs by all means. I take some of the herbs mentioned in this thread.

I have a neurologist next week that is indian that will be pitching a product line based on ayurvedic medicine in the Doctors office I work at. She is claiming it is the best stuff on the market.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I know that some GI doc's now prescribe/rec'd curcumin for Crohn's and other IBD's

Saurabh

Awards
I am Jewish I believe in the Torah. They claim ayurvedic medicine is over 5000 years old which means it would be older than the Torah. Since I believe in the Torah it would be contradictory. Since the Torah is not as old as this ayurvedic medicine and yet the most highly respected oldest belief and most well documented I wonder. I believe in herbs by all means. I take some of the herbs mentioned in this thread.
Then you are approaching this issue all wrong. You will have to ask yourself if faith comes first or science(in this case Ayurveda). You can find ample articles on web about how old Ayurveda is..and that may very well be in conflict with Torah. However just as it is not fair for Ayurveda beleiver to call Torah bogus surely you can extend the same courtsey to Ayurveda..no?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The majority of our products are rooted in Ayurvedic medicine. Evolution dictated that all matter on earth is made from the same components - therefore, are bodies are literally made to interact favorably with the flora on our planet. Combine this innate connection with clinical research proving that Ayurvedic treatments are continually outperforming their pharmaceutical counterparts, and it is NOWHERE near bogus.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ohy, just because something was around before the torah doesn't mean it isn't legitimate...

MB

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
after living overseas for the last 10 months the people over hear are doing something right.

ive met 75 yr old korean men who didnt look a day over 50

so many over hear promote herbs, roots, plants

for the first 6 months here i drank korean red ginseng tea and did not know how awesome it was until i stopped taking it

i belive in this type of thinking

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
Ayuvedic, traditional Chinese medicine, and other "natural" healing methods ARE bunk in the sense that they don't understand the real reasons for herbal products working. They explain it with energy channels, elements and other BS instead of the real science.

It doesn't mean the herbals don't work, it just means the philosophy is total bunk.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ayuvedic, traditional Chinese medicine, and other "natural" healing methods ARE bunk in the sense that they don't understand the real reasons for herbal products working. They explain it with energy channels, elements and other BS instead of the real science.

It doesn't mean the herbals don't work, it just means the philosophy is total bunk.
Is this meant as a joke?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Since I believe in GOD and GOD created every thing In this case I believe he also created ayurvedic medicine since in the garden of eden it states we were given herbs which would include these ayurvedic herbs too. The people that believe in this belief also believe in buddha and since the writings of buddha came after the christian beliefs which is way after the torah any way it makes me wonder if its really that old.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"Let the earth sprout grass, seed-yielding herbs, fruit trees bearing fruit of its own kind, with its seed within it, upon the earth."

"Behold, I have given to you all seed-yielding herbs that are on the surface of the earth, and every tree that has seed-yielding fruit; to you it shall be for food."

"And for every animal of the earth, for every bird of the heaven, and for everything that creeps on the ground, in which there is a living spirit, all vegetational herbs shall be [their] food." And it was so."

This is straight from the Torah.

I think in this situation I would believe in ayurvedic medicine.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Exactly what I am thinking. Ayurvedic medcine may have been around for 1000's of years but superstition has also been around for 1000's of years. I think herbs with science rational behind the herb is okay. Look at kavakava very popular yet the FDA says its a nono. I take herbs but based on science not because its been around for 1000's of years and thats the only reason.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I believe in GOD and GOD created every thing In this case I believe he also created ayurvedic medicine since in the garden of eden it states we were given herbs which would include these ayurvedic herbs too. The people that believe in this belief also believe in buddha and since the writings of buddha came after the christian beliefs which is way after the torah any way it makes me wonder if its really that old.
I say this in the most non-inflammatory way possible - what the **** are you talking about?

More or less, that was the most ignorant thing I have read in quite some time. You just grouped ethnic, cultural, religious, and naturopathic beliefs into one ignorant statement - amazing.

Saurabh

Awards

Thats another of the "enlightened" thoughts from someone who is absolutely clueless about Ancient History.

For starters Ayurveda is NOT Chinese medicine, it is Indian. But even if we speak of Chinese their science was way advanced for its time. Please research on the subject and find when Chinese invented paper, gun powder etc etc. Only recently I saw this programme on History channel where they discovered a Chinese Mummy(you can search on the web for Diva Mummy) that was atleast 2000 years old and it was in such a pristine condition that the Doctors could actually figure out her last meal!! Even with all the modern marvels today's doctors are unable to come up with any good reason how this was possible?

Bottomline, give credit where its due.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am completely lost here. The Sanskrit, traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurveda, and so on, offer a comprehensive approach to healing, delving into aspects that Western medicine, even in its finest form, may never match. One category of examples: Adaptogens. Ginseng (in its various forms), Ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea, Shilajit, were only recently introduced into Western medicine after thousands of years of daily use in Ayurveda. Take Banaba Extract. Take Horny Goat Weed (yes, the potency of icariin was first observed in a Chinese village), and so so. How can anyone seriously challenge the legitimacy, depth, effectiveness, and comprehensiveness of Ayurvedic medicine???

Saurabh

Awards
Exactly what I am thinking. Ayurvedic medcine may have been around for 1000's of years but superstition has also been around for 1000's of years. I think herbs with science rational behind the herb is okay. Look at kavakava very popular yet the FDA says its a nono. I take herbs but based on science not because its been around for 1000's of years and thats the only reason.
Look man now you are being plain dumb. You have all the reason in the world not to use Ayurveda medicine, or beleive in anything prior to Torah(yes please go ahead and forget the Pyramids and Stonehenge while we are at it) but if you call Ayurveda as superstition then you are been plain dumb.

Indian science was wayyyy advanced for its time. The ZERO that is the core of English mathematics(Roman numerals) was invented in India(also known as Gwalior numeral).

And by the way whats your issue anyway? It is NOT that your issue is Ayurveda as far as I can see, you are simply toeing the line of your faith that the world started after Torah. This is why I said choose if you beleive in faith or science. Cos if you beleive in latter you can find enough evidence of how life was apparent on other parts of the world much before the timeline you read. If you beleive in the former nothing will convince you.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe in herbs 100% and I use them every day but I believe the higher power created them not indians and buddha and his beliefs but in Indian Jewish people of the time. I don't believe in buddha being the Messiah. Nor do I believe that hare Krishna was the messiah or people who think they were the 1st.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe in herbs 100% and I use them every day but I believe the higher power created them not indians and buddha and his beliefs but in Indian Jewish people of the time. I don't believe in buddha being the Messiah. Nor do I believe that hare Krishna was the messiah or people who think they were the 1st.
I fail to see the relation between your subjective religious beliefs, and the physiological capacity of medicinal herbs?

Saurabh

Awards
Then maybe you need to start reading about history and other cultures.

Buddha is NOT considered a messiah by Buddhist. I am not sure what gave you that idea but frankly it doesnt surprise me considering your assertions in this thread. As per Buddhist traditions anyone can become a Buddha(literally meaning The Enlightened One). Anyone who follows the right path, does the right deeds will attain the status of moksha(nirvana) and will become a Buddha. So no Buddha was NOT a messiah, its a term that you obviously do not understand.

The case of Krishna is completely different. He is thought of as God, and he is NOT a messiah. Jesus is considered a messiah but he is NOT God but son of God. Krishna is considered God.

I am mentioning all of this so you would have some idea of the very jargons and terms you keep throwing randomly. Of course I fail to see what has this discussion got to do with Supplements in the first place.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To add, Buddhists do not consider their teachings a 'religion', but rather, an explanation. They believe in a material dialectic, and adhere to the innate connection of all things.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
dj needs his own category on the wall of fame. I hope he doesn't realize how ignorant he is. I would swallow the business end of my revolver if I found out I was that stupid.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got this in my email.

We know that the Fo-pen-hing [legends of Buddha] was -translated into Chinese from Sanskrit (the ancient language of Hindostan) so early as the eleventh year of the reign of -Wing-ping (Ming-ti) of the Hans Dynasty, i.e., 69 or 70 A.D. We may, therefore, safely suppose that the original work was in circulation in India for some time previous to this date.47

These points of agreement with the Gospel narrative arouse curiosity and require explanation. If we could prove that they [the legends of Buddha] were unknown in the East for some centuries after Christ, the explanation would be easy. But all the evidence we have goes to prove the contrary....48

Ernest de Bunsen, Nineteenth Century:

With the remarkable exception of the death of Jesus on the cross, and of the doctrine of atonement by vicarious suffering, which is absolutely excluded by Buddhism, the most ancient of the Buddhistic records known to us contain statements about the life and the doctrines of Gautama Buddha which -correspond in a remarkable manner, and impossibly by mere chance, with the traditions recorded in the Gospels about the life and doctrines of Jesus Christ....49

Max Muller, Nineteenth--Century Professor:

Between the language of Buddha and his disciples, and the language of Christ and his apostles, there are strange coincidences. Even some of the Buddhist legends and parables sound as if taken from the New Testament, though we know that many of them existed before the beginning of the Christian era.50

Kenneth Scott Latourette, Twentieth Century:

Approximately five centuries older than Christianity, by the time of the birth of Christ, Buddhism had already spread through much of India and Ceylon and had penetrated into Central Asia and China.51

M. L'Abbe Huc, Nineteenth--Century Missionary Apostolic:

The miraculous birth of Buddha, his life and instructions, contain a great number of the moral and dogmatic truths professed in Christianity.52

T. W. Doane, Nineteenth Century:

...nothing now remains for the honest man to do but acknowledge the truth, which is that the history of Jesus of Nazareth[,] as related in the books of the New Testament, is simply a copy of that of Buddha, with a mixture of mythology borrowed from other nations.53

1) Both Buddha and Jesus were baptized in the presence of the "spirit" of G--d.54

2) Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom.55

3) Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty--seven days and Jesus for forty.56

4) At the conclusion of their fasts, they both wandered to a fig tree.57

5) Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:

"When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquil, self--possessed, serene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty--nine years of age...".58

"Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age..." (Luke 3:23).

6) Both were tempted by the "devil" at the beginning of their ministry:

To Buddha, he said: "Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents."59

To Jesus, he said: "All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me" (Matthew 4:9).

7) Buddha answered the "devil": "Get you away from me."60

Jesus responded: "...begone, Satan!" (Matthew 4:10).

8) Both experienced the "supernatural" after the "devil" left:

For Buddha: "The skies rained flowers, and delicious odors prevailed [in] the air."61

For Jesus: "...angels came and ministered to him" (Matthew 4:11).

9) The multitudes required a sign from both in order that they might believe.62

10) Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth.63

11) Buddha "represented himself as a mere link in a long chain of enlightened teachers."64

Jesus said: "Think not that I have come to abolish the law, and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matthew 5:17).

12) According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic's eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away.65

Jesus said: "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;..." (Matthew 5:29).

13)"Buddha taught that the motive of all our actions should be pity or love of our neighbor."66

Jesus taught: "...love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." (Matthew 5:44).

14) Buddha said: "Hide your good deeds, and confess before the world the sins you have committed."67

Jesus said: "Beware of practicing your piety before men to be seen by them;..." (Matthew 6:1) and "Therefore confess your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed..." (James 5:16).

15) Both are said to have known the thoughts of others:

"By directing his mind to the thoughts of others, [Buddha] can know the thoughts of all beings."68

"But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said: `Why do you think evil in your hearts?' " (Matthew 9:4).

16) After "healing" a man born blind, Buddha said: "The disease of this man originates in his sinful actions in former times."69

"As [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth. And his disciples said to him: `Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?' " (John 9:1--2).

17) Both were itinerant preachers with a close group of trustees within a larger group of disciples.70

18) Both demanded that their disciples renounce all worldly possessions.71

19) Both sent their disciples on missionary assignments:

"The number of the disciples rapidly increased, and Gautama sent forth his monks on missionary tours hither and thither, bidding them wander everywhere, preaching the doctrine, and teaching men to order their lives with self--restraint, simplicity, and charity."72

"And [Jesus] called to him the twelve [apostles], and began to send them out two by two....So they went out and preached that men should repent" (Mark 6:7, 12).

20) Both had a disciple who "walked" on water:

To convert skeptical villagers, Buddha showed them his disciple walking across a river without sinking.73

"He said: `Come.' So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus, but when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out: `Lord, save me!' " (Matthew 14:29--30).

21) "One day Ananda, the disciple of Buddha, after a long walk in the country, meets with Matangi, a woman of the low caste of the Kandalas, near a well, and asks her for some water. She tells him what she is, and that she must not come near him. But he replies: `My sister, I ask not for your caste or your family, I ask only for a draught of water. She afterwards became a disciple of Buddha."74

"There came a woman of Samaria to draw water. Jesus said to her: `Give me a drink.' For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. The Samaritan woman said to him: `How is it that you, a Jew, ask a drink of me, a woman of Samaria?' For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans" (John 4:7--9).

22) Each repeated a question three times:

"The Buddha next addressed the bhikkhus and requested them three times to ask him if they had any doubt or question that they wished clarified, but they all remained silent."75

"[Jesus] said to him the third time: `Simon, son of John, do you love me?' Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time: `Do you love me?'..." (John 21:17).

23) Both received similar receptions:

"The people swept the pathway, the gods strewed flowers on the pathway and branches of the coral tree, the men bore branches of all manner of trees, and the Bodhisattva Sumedha spread his garments in the mire, [and] men and gods shouted: `All hail.' "76

"And they brought the colt to Jesus, and threw their garments on it; and he sat on it. And many spread their garments on the road, and others spread leafy branches which they had cut from the fields" (Mark 11:7--8).

24) Both had an archrival:

"[Buddha's] chief rival was Devadatta, a cousin of the Buddha, who is represented as being jealous of his influence and popularity, and as repeatedly seeking to compass his death."77

"While [Jesus] was still speaking, Judas came, one of the twelve, and with him a great crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and the elders of the people. Now the betrayer had given them a sign, saying: `The one I shall kiss is the man; seize him!' And he came up to Jesus at once, and said: `Hail, Master!' And he kissed him" (Matthew 26:47--49).

25) Before his death, Buddha said to his disciple: "Ananda, when I am gone, you must not think there is no Buddha; the discourses I have delivered, and the precepts I have enjoined, must be my successors, or representatives, and be to you as Buddha."78

Before his "ascension," Jesus said to his disciples: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age" (Matthew 28:19--20).

26) When Buddha died: "The coverings of [his] body unrolled themselves, and the lid of his coffin was opened by supernatural powers."79

When Jesus died: "And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the L--rd descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone, and sat upon it" (Matthew 28:2).

27) "In the year 217 B.C. Buddhist missionaries were imprisoned for preaching; but an angel, genie or spirit came and opened the prison door, and liberated them."80

"They arrested the apostles and put them in the common prison. But at night an angel of the L--rd opened the prison doors and brought them out" (Acts 5:18--19).

28) Both men's disciples are said to have been miracle workers.81

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is the most confusing, misguided, lost thread i have ever read lol idk whats going on in here but hi guys :)

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Got this in my email.

We know that the Fo-pen-hing [legends of Buddha] was -translated into Chinese from Sanskrit (the ancient language of Hindostan) so early as the eleventh
So what's your point?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
So what's your point?
I doubt he can form a comprehensive response beyond some random copy and paste. :)

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I skipped the first page and a half, so can somebody tell me if there was a plug for Shackley vitamins yet? Usually that's how these threads end.:dance:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am actually using tight extreme which by the way is not a shackley product which btw is not a supplement company. I also am using USP labs powerful and anabolic so I don't understand your point? All I was trying to figure out was if people really believed that this type of medicine is 5000 years old.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
You do realize the Torah refers to people who are older than itself? Torah was written by Moses, yes? Adam, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph etc.were around quite some time before him, No? Oh yeah, I forgot, you are an absolute moron. Please stop posting tripe.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
At some point in time within the first page of this thread, I had a faint hope that some fundamental flaws in certain posts could be straightened out. Somehow. Unfortunately, that would remain wishful thinking. So, I beg to take my leave! On a final note, though, I would like to reiterate my position that Ayurvedic medicine rocks! And will always remain, not only a source of inspiration, but also a fountain of well-tested knowledge, for open-minded neophytes and medical (and nutritional) experts of the conventional Western persuasion.

Now, one thread subscriber less! :run:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
before this thread turns into a **** fest lets leave bullshit religion out of this and stick with the goods

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

Eh, quantum theory and other similar science sort of does validate energy channels and similar "BS" as you call it.

If you can ever find a real master of ki/chi, I cannot say it will erase your doubts but there is something to be said about an old guy who can hit you from ten feet away without touching you,
I was a skeptic before that experience.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bogus?? :hammer: What's bogus about medicines which are almost always 100% natural? Even if they dont work for you in the very least you will not have any side-affects. Of course it goes without saying that this has been in use in India, and that part of the world for thousands of years.

An experience of mine. I personally used to have running nose, caught cold every 2 weeks when I was 16 or so. Then I ate the following religiously for 2 odd years, a spoonful a day. It is more than a decade but I have never had any cold/allergy.

For people with seasonal allergies I would recommend it greatly. You can find it online or in most local Indian stores.

I use that stuff, when I remember, as well.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Eh, quantum theory and other similar science sort of does validate energy channels and similar "BS" as you call it.

If you can ever find a real master of ki/chi, I cannot say it will erase your doubts but there is something to be said about an old guy who can hit you from ten feet away without touching you,
I was a skeptic before that experience.
I am a skeptic of anything you say from now on....did this happen to you in Jedi training camp?:006:

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

very effective for a variety of things.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Wow. This is quite a thread. Quite a thread indeed.

Carry on.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
The world is 6,000 years old, according to the Bible. That gives plenty of time for Ayurvedic medicine to be developed in the time period it is supposed to have been .

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Add to the list Mucana puriens (Ldopa) that is the basis for 1-carboxy (PowerFull).

Ashwagandha, Shilajit - both are potent.

Rhodiola Rosea didn't know that.

IMO Indian medicine is more integrated whereas Chinese appears to remain distinct. Quality control is a big problem in Chinese meds though.

khiladi

khiladi

Awards
Terminalia chebula (in Prime), Terminalie Arjuna for cardiac health, Liv-52 for liver health.

When i was in India i heard from very reliable source that in the south, in a very small rural village in the state of Kerala, HIV patients who were unable to afford treatment with Allopathic medicine or stopped responding to drugs, were doing very well with a special herbal/ayurvedic ****tail mixed with a powder extracted from a fish only found in the Indian ocean, wrapped in a special leaf. (to some this might sound far fetched...but nature has provided the sufficient tools, we just need to tap into them with some R&D).

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
^^ Easier said than done.

I'm just taking some potent (6-year root type quality) ginseng now. If you could isolate the active ingredient of ginseng there would be $$$ to be made as a prescription drug for a whole range of conditions. No-one has ever managed it. I've tried the 80% ginseng extracts ... ain't as good as the real stuff.

AX might have pulled it off in Slim Xtreme - I can't remember if it felt ginseng like - or else they have used a borderline legal amphetamine type compound. PP - Eric has a photo where they are extracting from ginseng. To my knowledge no-one has really managed to concerntrate the active ingredients to mimic the real stuff.
Thats only the start of the process to purifying a specific compound.

Phytopharm tried this with Hoodia in collaboration with Phizer (a big company) for a slimming drug (okay this is African not Indian). They couldn't do it.

Yeah I can see why USP are keen on defending Indian medicine. There product range is massively dependent on it - Prime, PowerFull... although APump I dunno.

Having said all that according to the wiki a number of companies are trying to obtain compounds from ashwagandha. Thats adaptogen I need to try - suppose to be good for sleep.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
^^ Easier said than done.

I'm just taking some potent (6-year root type quality) ginseng now. If you could isolate the active ingredient of ginseng there would be $$$ to be made as a prescription drug for a whole range of conditions. No-one has ever managed it. I've tried the 80% ginseng extracts ... ain't as good as the real stuff.

AX might have pulled it off in Slim Xtreme - I can't remember if it felt ginseng like - or else they have used a borderline legal amphetamine type compound. PP - Eric has a photo where they are extracting from ginseng. To my knowledge no-one has really managed to concerntrate the active ingredients to mimic the real stuff.
Thats only the start of the process to purifying a specific compound.

Phytopharm tried this with Hoodia in collaboration with Phizer (a big company) for a slimming drug (okay this is African not Indian). They couldn't do it.

Yeah I can see why USP are keen on defending Indian medicine. There product range is massively dependent on it - Prime, PowerFull... although APump I dunno.

Having said all that according to the wiki a number of companies are trying to obtain compounds from ashwagandha. Thats adaptogen I need to try - suppose to be good for sleep.
Ashwagandha being good for sleep.
I need to research that one.
The Shilajit in Reverse put me out so ever since then I was thinking about it.
Pulling away from the stronger supplements and going towards the gentler ones.

Trying to get my older family into herbs as well.
The ones I have tried anyway.
Got a couple of them onto Cissus and Curcumin.
After several months they have little pain from arthritis and other ailments.
Might throw in some Bacopa and Rhodiola for the mental relaxation for them as well.