Total Advice

pdm1212

pdm1212

Awards
I apologize if this is in the wrong section or the wrong format to asking a question on my topic. If this needs to be moved, go ahead. But here goes:

-22 Years old
-183lbs
-5'11
-Currently lift once a day, usually everyday

Supplement history: I normally take BSN NO-Xplode before every lift, and for the last four months I have been taking BSN Cell Mass after. I love NO-Xplode, but I have heard there might be better stuff out there. I have had so-so results with the Cell Mass.

Protein: I use to drink a 100% Casein proten drink once in the morning and once at night, and a regular Whey after my workouts. For the last month or so I tried the Champion Nutrition Weight Gainer (because that is what I was trying to do.)

Diet: My diet isn't that good until just the past few days. I used to just eat whatever. Minus eating a lot of fast food. But I would eat at the bar, have pizza, you know, college stuff. But just now I have started the David Zinczenko Abs Diet. I really don't know my calorie level. Maybe 2,500-3,000?

Goal: I have been working out for 11 straight months, the longest I have ever lifted in my entire life. I am naturally pretty skinny, so I always wanted to gain size. I have added a significant amount of muscle and size, but now that we are getting closer to summer I want to get more cut.

Workouts: I rotate a chest day, back and bicep day, shoulders triceps day, and then a abs/extended cardio day. I have just recently started cardio and abs every other day. I have tried to work in a legs day, but I just can't. I used to do 4x8 on my lifts, but the past two weeks I have started 3x12. For cardio I play basketball or ride a bike.

Recommendations: My buddy who I lift with is telling me that I need to start taking NO2 Black. I have also been told by others to just stick with what has been working.

So, I ask, what kind of supplements should I start taking? What kind of protein? Pre-work out? Post-workout? If I missed any questions let me know....Thanks in advance.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I apologize if this is in the wrong section or the wrong format to asking a question on my topic. If this needs to be moved, go ahead. But here goes:

-22 Years old
-183lbs
-5'11
-Currently lift once a day, usually everyday

Supplement history: I normally take BSN NO-Xplode before every lift, and for the last four months I have been taking BSN Cell Mass after. I love NO-Xplode, but I have heard there might be better stuff out there. I have had so-so results with the Cell Mass.

Protein: I use to drink a 100% Casein proten drink once in the morning and once at night, and a regular Whey after my workouts. For the last month or so I tried the Champion Nutrition Weight Gainer (because that is what I was trying to do.)

Diet: My diet isn't that good until just the past few days. I used to just eat whatever. Minus eating a lot of fast food. But I would eat at the bar, have pizza, you know, college stuff. But just now I have started the David Zinczenko Abs Diet. I really don't know my calorie level. Maybe 2,500-3,000?

Goal: I have been working out for 11 straight months, the longest I have ever lifted in my entire life. I am naturally pretty skinny, so I always wanted to gain size. I have added a significant amount of muscle and size, but now that we are getting closer to summer I want to get more cut.

Workouts: I rotate a chest day, back and bicep day, shoulders triceps day, and then a abs/extended cardio day. I have just recently started cardio and abs every other day. I have tried to work in a legs day, but I just can't. I used to do 4x8 on my lifts, but the past two weeks I have started 3x12. For cardio I play basketball or ride a bike.

Recommendations: My buddy who I lift with is telling me that I need to start taking NO2 Black. I have also been told by others to just stick with what has been working.

So, I ask, what kind of supplements should I start taking? What kind of protein? Pre-work out? Post-workout? If I missed any questions let me know....Thanks in advance.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/92762-no-bs-guide.html

Check that thread, for a way to find your projected calorie intake.

As far as supplements....NO is overrated. Get some caffeine if you need a boost pre w/o. Its very overhyped. Get some BCAA's/EAA's and your gtg.

Get a good creatine, there are lots of em out there, and a lot of good whey's as well. Get both. Casein before bed like you had been doing is a solid choice.

Add a LEG DAY!!!

If youre trying to cut though, diet will have by far the largest impact on how well your cut goes. If youre not dialed in, you wont be as successful as possible.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also don't lift every day. Split your body up in 3 days, and yes legs should be alone on one day (maybe some ab work would be ok). Supplements, don't even bother too much about supps untill your diet is established and you clean up your lifting routines.

Oh and change your routines every 4 weeks or so. Take a week of evey 8 weeks. Sleep and eat. Young people should be able to sleep 9-10 hours a day the more he better.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Diet.

Plain and simple, that is the most effective way to cut. No supplement will give you the benefits of a solid cutting diet. NO2 Black isn't going to get you cut either.

Work in a leg day. This "can't" business is retarded. I hated legs when I first started lifting, now I can't live without them. Squats alone is one of the best full body lifts, and frees the most testosterone in your body from a single lift. You NEED to have a leg day. It will also help improve the rest of your lifts.

Make sure you're getting your three solid meals, whey protein after your workout (solid choice), casein before bed is solid (as stated before), and add a mid-morning snack in there as well. If you're just taking casein for breakfast, you need to fill that out into a complete meal. Add some whole wheat toast, or a good cereal as well as fats (pb, small amounts of low fat/low sodium bacon is even pretty decent). The main goal is to get a very solid meal in the morning, because your body is in or close to a catabolic state (burning muscle as fuel). You need a good nutrient rich breakfast to stave that off.

Try to space it out so you're getting 6 meals/snacks in a day. A tried and true diet is chicken,rice, and green veggies (old school style).:afro:

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
try hypershock for pre workout. it aint playin with you. it makes nano vapor look like cool aid and no explode look like mt dew. i dont crash for 4 hours i workout and go to work still hyped up

pdm1212

pdm1212

Awards
Also don't lift every day. Split your body up in 3 days, and yes legs should be alone on one day (maybe some ab work would be ok). Supplements, don't even bother too much about supps untill your diet is established and you clean up your lifting routines.

Oh and change your routines every 4 weeks or so. Take a week of evey 8 weeks. Sleep and eat. Young people should be able to sleep 9-10 hours a day the more he better.
Thanks for the advice. I try to change my routines every couple of weeks.

9-10 hours? I won't be able to do that, but why so much?

try hypershock for pre workout. it aint playin with you. it makes nano vapor look like cool aid and no explode look like mt dew. i dont crash for 4 hours i workout and go to work still hyped up
Right on. Anyone else had good results with Hypershock?

Diet.

Plain and simple, that is the most effective way to cut. No supplement will give you the benefits of a solid cutting diet. NO2 Black isn't going to get you cut either.

Work in a leg day. This "can't" business is retarded. I hated legs when I first started lifting, now I can't live without them. Squats alone is one of the best full body lifts, and frees the most testosterone in your body from a single lift. You NEED to have a leg day. It will also help improve the rest of your lifts.

Make sure you're getting your three solid meals, whey protein after your workout (solid choice), casein before bed is solid (as stated before), and add a mid-morning snack in there as well. If you're just taking casein for breakfast, you need to fill that out into a complete meal. Add some whole wheat toast, or a good cereal as well as fats (pb, small amounts of low fat/low sodium bacon is even pretty decent). The main goal is to get a very solid meal in the morning, because your body is in or close to a catabolic state (burning muscle as fuel). You need a good nutrient rich breakfast to stave that off.

Try to space it out so you're getting 6 meals/snacks in a day. A tried and true diet is chicken,rice, and green veggies (old school style).:afro:
That is what I am doing. The 6 meals/snacks is the basis of the Abs Diet. I think I might turn it into 8 meals/snacks a day, or maybe just 7. The recommendation is a meal, then wait three hours, snack, then wait two hours, repeat. Ideally isn't it best to just have your metabolism being worked all day long, thus eating all day long in small amounts?

I am going to add a work day, I was just saying in the past I have never stuck with it. I'm going to go easy on them from the start. I'm thinking of doing a high rep count for starting. Maybe 15.

So a no go on the NO2 Black? What are some good supplements for cutting, while getting stronger/bigger?

Thanks in advance to all the previous and future replies. You guys are great. :clap2:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The more the better as far as sleep is concerned. The advantages of a rested body are very evident as far as size gains are concerned. I got an email the other day that said there theory why people in prison gain so much mass so fast is that they sleep 12 hours a day. I slept 9 hours a day untill I was around 35. I still would if I could.

pdm1212

pdm1212

Awards
The more the better as far as sleep is concerned. The advantages of a rested body are very evident as far as size gains are concerned. I got an email the other day that said there theory why people in prison gain so much mass so fast is that they sleep 12 hours a day. I slept 9 hours a day untill I was around 35. I still would if I could.
Never even thought about that. 12 hours a day. I just don't think my body would want that. Ok, so more sleep. Got it.

Anything else you would rec DreamWeaver?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just take the advice about diet use www.fitday.com to track it and make adjustments. Learn about your body, listen learn. It takes time have patience

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

I don't know about that one DreamWeaver... I get some pretty good results from doing a full-body workout and sometimes hitting legs with only 2 exercises (failure of course) plus some calf-raises.... But to each their own!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Basicly this thread is what Anabolic Minds is. Read, Read, Read. Choose a category and click it.
By no means am I trying to be a smartass, trust me, just trying to help. We could keep this thread going forever.

Oh yeah, try some muscle delight by axis labs. Creatine, BCAA's, and protein. Great postworkout supp. all in one.
Good luck! and remember. "If you ain't first, your last." Talladaga baby.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know about that one DreamWeaver... I get some pretty good results from doing a full-body workout and sometimes hitting legs with only 2 exercises (failure of course) plus some calf-raises.... But to each their own!
Maybe that is the case but it will not be like that for long my favourite quote is "Everything works just not for very long"

I really do feel you would do better intensifying and splitting it up though. The amount of work I perscribe for a body part could not be done in a full body format.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Maybe that is the case but it will not be like that for long my favourite quote is "Everything works just not for very long"

I really do feel you would do better intensifying and splitting it up though. The amount of work I perscribe for a body part could not be done in a full body format.
If I intensified the leg exercises anymore, they'd probably fall off. lol. I sacrifice the volume for intensity.

I used to split it up and do legs one day and just beat the living f* out of them. I found it absolutely ridiculous and disfunctional that I'd be doing squats and leg presses for that many times with X amount of weight that I'd be limping around for a few days after.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As for legs, it depends what I am doing and I am usually doing squats. If I am going heavy 5 sets will suffice, I will so some hamstring and calf work after that but sometimes less is more.

I do work circuit leg routines and yes there are unbelievably tough sometimes. I will use lighter weight of course but not a lot of volume is required. I may super set squats with leg extensions for instance.

Disciple83

Disciple83

Awards
Recommendations: My buddy who I lift with is telling me that I need to start taking NO2 Black.
NO2 Black is overpriced I got a free sample and it is very similar to Hemodraulix by Axis Labs which I got better results with for half the price. Lots of the "seasoned" members on here aren't all about the NO2 but if you like it go with Hemodraulix. Never tried NO Xplode heard from a lot of people it was overrated. Just my 2 cents. Also check out USP Labs they have an awesome line of supps I have used all of them @ one time or another and they all work well.