frequent urination + high protein diets?

L

LEARNINGLOTS

Awards
hi there ...

- i am on pct protocol after being on lg sciences methyl 1 - d and their 1gh1 product fyi
- but for a while now i have been frequenting the bathroom... oooh i'd say every 1hr maybe every 1.5 hrs. at night i may get 3 hrs of sleep before i have to go. i even stopped drinking soo much water for a day to see if it was just the water.
- i get about 350 - 400 grms protein a day (solid food sources and powder)
- question: does anyone else experience anything like this due to the protein use or could it have been the products i was just on?

M

Motox

Awards
  • Established
excess protein is stored as fat, deaminated, turned into amonia, then urea in liver the excreted out of your kidneys so your frequet urination is most likely due to ur body trying to get rid of it all.

faetfiada

faetfiada

Awards
hi there ...

- i am on pct protocol after being on lg sciences methyl 1 - d and their 1gh1 product fyi
- but for a while now i have been frequenting the bathroom... oooh i'd say every 1hr maybe every 1.5 hrs. at night i may get 3 hrs of sleep before i have to go. i even stopped drinking soo much water for a day to see if it was just the water.
- i get about 350 - 400 grms protein a day (solid food sources and powder)
- question: does anyone else experience anything like this due to the protein use or could it have been the products i was just on?
how much water you drinking in a day? 2-3 hrs per visit would be more reasonable. if you're waking up at night, try not drinking water right before bed. i didn't check ur info, but that's alot of protein... are you dieting?

L

LEARNINGLOTS

Awards
how much water you drinking in a day? 2-3 hrs per visit would be more reasonable. if you're waking up at night, try not drinking water right before bed. i didn't check ur info, but that's alot of protein... are you dieting?
no ... i'm not... but i am on a lower carbohydrate diet less than 100 grms carbs a day

i've been following the 2grams protein per lb of bodyweight rule ...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Couple of possibilities:
1) body is getting rid of excess protein
2) body is getting rid of excess glycogen (not sure about this one)
3) you're pissing away your gains from cycle
4) your prostate is ****ed up from cycle
5)all of the above

L

LEARNINGLOTS

Awards
Couple of possibilities:
5)all of the above
thank you.. i KNOW i was urinating like this during cycle and i am pretty sure i was before the cycle... so i'm guessing it is the high protein intake ..

some very credible powerlifters have told me that high protein diet like 2grms per lb is the best way to grow.. do people think that suggestion is excessive?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm gonna second Rugger1's prostate theory...that was the response I was going to put.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can tell you are over doing the protien if your urine foams up the toilet. Not just bubbles, but more foam like. This also tells you to back off, because it is hurting your kidneys.

Adams

L

LEARNINGLOTS

Awards
You can tell you are over doing the protien if your urine foams up the toilet. Not just bubbles, but more foam like. This also tells you to back off, because it is hurting your kidneys.

Adams

thx... there is def. bubbles... not sure about foam .

L

LEARNINGLOTS

Awards

Adams

what about protein intake then ... those that suggest 2 grms per lb of bodyweight could this be downsized without affecting gains... ie i was thinking about going to 1.3 grms and i'm 200 lb

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The need for protein has been greatly over exagerated for most people's needs in my experience. I don't even take in 1 grams per lbs of body weight and still I am huge and continue to put on muscle. Endo's are efficient so they don't need as much protein maybe .75 per lb of body lean body weight. I would think ecto's need a bit more, but I wouldn't go any more than 1 gram per lb of total body weight. Whether this is the cause of your problem I don't know. My instinct says no but, I couldn't say for sure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what supps you taking for pct? if this didn't start till pct, there's a good chance one of your pct supps is causing this.

wastewater

wastewater

Awards
frequent urination sounds like me, I drink tons of water and I am alway thirsty. I have asked the same question and was told: could be a high protien diet, could be diabetes, could be you have a small bladder. In my case I don't eat processed food "highly" I don't salt my food, but I drink alot--and what goes in must come out. Best bet would be to monitor you intake and output throughout your day and night if it is small frequent urination could be prostate. Get checked for diabetes and prostate problems. Or mabey your are a genetic freak with a small bladder.

L

LEARNINGLOTS

Awards
The need for protein has been greatly over exagerated for most people's needs in my experience. I don't even take in 1 grams per lbs of body weight and still I am huge and continue to put on muscle. Endo's are efficient so they don't need as much protein maybe .75 per lb of body lean body weight. I would think ecto's need a bit more, but I wouldn't go any more than 1 gram per lb of total body weight. Whether this is the cause of your problem I don't know. My instinct says no but, I couldn't say for sure.

the debate over protein intake could go on and on here's what john berardi, cy willson, lonnie lowery had to say:

essentially they argue the more protein the better, and high protein diets in healthy people do no damage to the kidneys :
John Berardi - The Protein Roundtable

may i ask what your nutritional profile is? what are you naturally an ecto/endo? i personally am an endo so i've always been concerned with carbs.

L

LEARNINGLOTS

Awards
frequent urination sounds like me, I drink tons of water and I am alway thirsty. I have asked the same question and was told: could be a high protien diet, could be diabetes, could be you have a small bladder. In my case I don't eat processed food "highly" I don't salt my food, but I drink alot--and what goes in must come out. Best bet would be to monitor you intake and output throughout your day and night if it is small frequent urination could be prostate. Get checked for diabetes and prostate problems. Or mabey your are a genetic freak with a small bladder.
well i purposefully stopped drinking a ton of water for a couple days to see if i would stop urinating so much and i didn't. i'll tell you what it isn't: diabetes. i have a blood sugar meter and mine is well within the normal range.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty typical if you ask me. I try to watch my sodium intake, and I drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day, not counting skim milk. So I hit the head fairly often, its part of the natural state of things. Just because you stopped drinking so much for a few days won't stop your system from reacting the way its been used to for the past 4-12 weeks. I wouldn't be too worried. Is the urine clear or colored? And taper off your water consumption after 7pm, so that you don't have to get up to take a leak in the middle of the night.

I'm currently in mid-cycle and sometimes I'll have to urinate 2-3 times in 2 hours. Sometimes I'll go 4 hours without feeling the urge. Just the way the body works when you're messing with it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the debate over protein intake could go on and on here's what john berardi, cy willson, lonnie lowery had to say:

essentially they argue the more protein the better, and high protein diets in healthy people do no damage to the kidneys :
John Berardi - The Protein Roundtable

may i ask what your nutritional profile is? what are you naturally an ecto/endo? i personally am an endo so i've always been concerned with carbs.
I take in around 175-200 grams of protein maybe 300-350 grams of carbs (mostly good sources like oats etc..) and 60-65 grams of fat. I am definitely an endo, this is what I have come up with as a permanent diet the levels fluctuate but this is basically my macro-nutrient breakdown. I may eat more if I am particularly hungry. I am not as precise as I used to be as I am constanlty searching for an eating regime that I can stay with on a permanent basis and recomp. My results are very good I generally have been able to gain muscle and lose fat at a steady pace. No hurry as this is a permanent lifestyle and I no longer have deadlines. Used to compete but gave it up.

I used to take in 350 to 400 grams of protein a day but I found that I just got too fat. Consider if you on high protein/calories when you go off your diet in the off season it goes straight to your waist. By eating less going off your diet doesn't have as much impact. Such is the life of the endo, so it's permanent recomp with a flexible nutrition plan. It's taken my years to figure this out, I was always way up and way down.

faetfiada

faetfiada

Awards
Couple of possibilities:
5)all of the above
1- no
2- no
3- no
4- no

Initially when you start a low carb diet you'll tend to dehydrate more easily, so the first thing you do is drink alot of fluids. You can't physically urinate proteins unless you have holes in your kidneys; he would piss glucose not glycogen, and this is only possible if he reaches transport maximum of glucose, which won't happen on a low carb diet unless he has no pancreas. And I would reason that if he had any prostatic inflammation he wouldn't be able to piss as often.

Last edited:
faetfiada

faetfiada

Awards
well i purposefully stopped drinking a ton of water for a couple days to see if i would stop urinating so much and i didn't. i'll tell you what it isn't: diabetes. i have a blood sugar meter and mine is well within the normal range.
Diabetes mellitus would cause glucose in the urine, you could still have insipidus (the one that makes you pee). Just letting you know there are two types.

ono

ono

Awards
1- no
2- no
3- no
4- no

Initially when you start a low carb diet you'll tend to dehydrate more easily, so the first thing you do is drink alot of fluids. You can't physically urinate proteins unless you have holes in your kidneys; he would piss glucose not glycogen, and this is only possible if he reaches transport maximum of glucose, which won't happen on a low carb diet unless he has no pancreas. And I would reason that if he had any prostatic inflammation he wouldn't be able to piss as often.
Brilliant

:toofunny: