Trying to figure out what exactly is in P-slin and Anabolic Pump

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am picking up some P-slin and Anabolic Pump tonight. I plan on starting it as soon as I get it. But i was trying to figure out exactly what was in these supplements. I have figured out that:

Pslin:

500mg Complex
Lagerstroemia speciosa
Gymnema Sylvestre

Anabolic Pump
Lagerstroemia speciosa
Phellodendron amurense

phellodendron amurense is just a COX-2 enzyme like Glucos&Chond. Kinda weird how its used in there.

Lagerstroemia speciosa is also known as Banaba. I wonder how pure the Banaba is in both of them? And also, I wonder how much (mg) of each are in each of the supplements.

Pslin is 500mg, and AP is 750mg. My guess would be 250mg of Lagerstroemia speciosa in both, probably around 20% purity, and 250 of GS in P-slin, and 500mg Phell in AP.

Anyone with knowledge on these have any input?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, if this is all thats in these two supplements, what makes them so different? the Phell or the GS? ie. What make p-slin so much better for preworkout? Also, i read in a study that bitter melon extract act almost identical to insulin in the body.

Idk...just trying to throw some ideas out there for my fellow researchers.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea. I do know that different extracts and percentages used can be like night and day.

Case in point: The nettle root extract in activate > bulk nettle root.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
exactly...all of the ingredients in both of these can be found with the right connections to raw bulk vitamin/mineral/supplement powders.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also have found that 45-55% pure tannic acid is in both of them...now just trying to find out how all of this fits together...and then we could all make our own AP and P-slin.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I also have found that 45-55% pure tannic acid is in both of them...now just trying to find out how all of this fits together...and then we could all make our own AP and P-slin.
lmao i dont think that would make jacob very happy. :toofunny:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
exactly...all of the ingredients in both of these can be found with the right connections to raw bulk vitamin/mineral/supplement powders.
No, Cryingemo was alluding to the product ActivaTE being vastly superior to bulk Nettle Root.

Chinese Phellodendron Plant - along with many other indigenous Chinese plants - contains Berberine which exhibits anti-diabetic activity via AMPk activation:

Berberine, a Natural Plant Product, Activates AMP-Activated Protein Kinase With Beneficial Metabolic Effects in Diabetic and Insulin-Resistant States

Yun S. Lee1Berberine has been shown to have antidiabetic properties, although its mode of action is not known. Here, we have investigated the metabolic effects of berberine in two animal models of insulin resistance and in insulin-responsive cell lines. Berberine reduced body weight and caused a significant improvement in glucose tolerance without altering food intake in db/db mice. Similarly, berberine reduced body weight and plasma triglycerides and improved insulin action in high-fat–fed Wistar rats. Berberine downregulated the expression of genes involved in lipogenesis and upregulated those involved in energy expenditure in adipose tissue and muscle. Berberine treatment resulted in increased AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes, increased GLUT4 translocation in L6 cells in a phosphatidylinositol 3' kinase–independent manner, and reduced lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These findings suggest that berberine displays beneficial effects in the treatment of diabetes and obesity at least in part via stimulation of AMPK activity.
Berberine-stimulated glucose uptake in L6 myotubes involves both AMPK and p38 MAPK

Zhe Cheng, Tao Pang, Min Gu, An-Hui Gao, Chuan-Ming Xie, Jing-Ya Li, Fa-Jun Nan and Jia Li

National Center for Drug Screening, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, P. R. China

Received 17 May 2006; revised 13 September 2006; accepted 13 September 2006. Available online 20 September 2006.

Abstract

Berberine is a plant alkaloid used in traditional Chinese medicine and has been reported to have antihyperglycemic activity in NIDDM patients. However, the molecular basis for this action is yet to be elucidated. Here we investigate the effects and signaling pathways of berberine on L6 rat skeletal muscles. Our study demonstrates that berberine stimulates glucose uptake in a time- and dose-dependent manner. Intriguingly, berberine-stimulated glucose uptake does not vary as insulin concentration increases, and could not be blocked by the PI 3-kinase inhibitor wortmannin. Berberine only weakly stimulates the phosphorylation of Akt/PKB, a key molecule in the insulin signaling pathway, but strongly promotes the phosphorylation of AMPK and p38 MAPK. The effects of berberine are not a result of pro-oxidant action, but a consequence of an increased cellular AMP:ATP ratio. Moreover, berberine-stimulated glucose uptake is inhibited by the AMPK inhibitor Compound C and the p38 MAPK inhibitor SB202190. Inhibition of AMPK reduces p38 MAPK phosphorylation, suggesting that AMPK lies upstream of p38 MAPK. These results suggest that berberine circumvents insulin signaling pathways and stimulates glucose uptake through the AMP-AMPK-p38 MAPK pathway, which may account for the antihyperglycemic effects of this drug.
That explains that.

Lagerstroemia speciosa is also known as Banaba. I wonder how pure the Banaba is in both of them? And also, I wonder how much (mg) of each are in each of the supplements.
Banaba is not the term you are looking for. If you are speaking of purity, you want to know how much Corosolic and Tannic Acid our Lagerstroemia is standardized for - in that case, 15-18% and 45-55%, respectively. Glucosol, the clinical trial Corosolic Acid product, is only standardized for 1% Corosolic Acid.

Pslin is 500mg, and AP is 750mg. My guess would be 250mg of Lagerstroemia speciosa in both, probably around 20% purity, and 250 of GS in P-slin, and 500mg Phell in AP.

Anyone with knowledge on these have any input?
Nope, not even close. :)

P-Slin is pure concentrated Corosolic Acid, at which dosage I will not reveal. Once again, Lagerstroemia is incorrect, as we standardize for two separate constituents.

Also, if this is all thats in these two supplements, what makes them so different? the Phell or the GS? ie. What make p-slin so much better for preworkout? Also, i read in a study that bitter melon extract act almost identical to insulin in the body.
Anabolic Pump is geared more towards regulating the energy expenditure ratio of myocytes to adipocytes, working towards an aggregate shift in body composition; P-Slin, on the other hand, is exclusively tuned to the regulation of glucose metabolism, providing energy, endurance, and strength.

Bulk Banaba is and has been out there for some time - yet, I have not heard many positive reviews. My best advice would be to by both, and you will be quite surprised at the difference.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please do! I'd be very interested in your results, or lack thereof.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the very clear definition(s) sir.

My best advice would be to by both, and you will be quite surprised at the difference.
Case in point to the OP. I am experimenting with YG/AP/PS as we speak.

They are vastly different in many aspects.

I've used AP pre workout for several weeks and liked it a lot. Took a few days to get my card count right to stave off hypo. Found the sweet spot and ran with it. Followed up post workout with AP as well.

Tried P-Slin pre work out. Same carb count. Went hypo. Needed to adjust my carbs again. Followed up with AP. No too sure I need P-Slin pre workout. I have an injury and am really not throwing a lot of weight around. I did notice improved energy and performace somewhat despite working around my injury. I did not get the infamous P-slin pump, but i did not feed it enough carbs to get it.

Now take YG. I am using it at 1-1.2 grams post workout (pre w/o p-slin). YG is not giving me that full feeling I get with AP yet it is keeping me lean, I can feel my body temp rise with carbs intake and my vascularity is insane with it. I get hungry again sooner with YG. But it is not AP nor is it p-slin. They are three different animals.

I do feel that I will find a place for all three throughout my day and week depending upon my macros and goals.

I recommend that you try them out for yourself to see the difference. It is significant. All good but all different.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lmao i dont think that would make jacob very happy. :toofunny:
Oh no, quite the opposite my man! Telling USP Labs, or any retailer for that matter, you are going to source their active in bulk is akin to telling Jessica Alba you're going to bang her fat sister. If Jacob saw this thread he would most likely encourage these activities, as they make our product more attractive through experience.

Dam bro your on fire tonight!
Let me clarify, as I wasn't being snide. I was and am honestly interested in nattydisaster's potential results.

Allow me to work through this. An individual like nattydisaster says:

If I can find out what % Tannic Acid and Corosolic Acid are in P-Slin and AP, I can make my own
While, on the other hand, I am thinking:

Yes, but will he enquire about what ethanol % the extract is reduced into? Will he investigate which other specific Tannins are necessary that I have not mentioned? Does he know that the soil quality (or lack thereof if harvested and cultivated hydroponically) vastly affects the quality of the extracts? Therein, does he know specific constituents of the soil in particular areas affect the molecular composition of the plant? Will he enquire about how the plant was reacted in order to standardize for each constituent?
There is this illusion out there that companies simply pluck 'any ol' extract' and throw it into a supplement - this is simply not the case. Sourcing is an ability, an art form, and a science. It does not come easy, nor cheap, and one needs to very qualitatively analyze their product.

Knock yourself out with Tannic acid...we sport the tannins fo.

Please keep me updated on the toxic nature of your stomach after you digest 55% Tannic acid and while you’re at it you can cure some saddles and baseball mitts...researcher:toofunny:

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please do! I'd be very interested in your results, or lack thereof.
Hey man, i wasn't trying to be offensive or anything, i was just trying to break these products down. There should be nothing wrong with that. This can be done with 99% of supplements if you have the ingredients. P-slin and AP are new products, so they fall under the 1% that you can't. All i was trying to do was jump start some other people into helping me find out how it could be done. There is nothing wrong with that.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Knock your self out with Tannic acid...we sport the tannins fo.

Please keep me updated on the toxic nature of your stomach after you digest 55% Tannic acid and while your at it you can cure some sadles and baseball mits...researcher:toofunny:
I know that tannic acid is toxic, actually, but i was referring to a post here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/93550-new-all-carb.html#post1343208

I know that tannic acid is most normally listed in certain foods as "no tannic acid found". I also know its the biggest component in some fishing lines.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it just me or does the post i linked and the above statements contradict? Again...not trying to cause an e-fight or anything, not trying to sound like im a researcher by any means...just trying to figure out exactly whats about to go in my body. Im already ordering AP and Pslin, and will use them how they are to be used.

Hey man, i wasn't trying to be offensive or anything, i was just trying to break these products down. There should be nothing wrong with that. This can be done with 99% of supplements if you have the ingredients. P-slin and AP are new products, so they fall under the 1% that you can't. All i was trying to do was jump start some other people into helping me find out how it could be done. There is nothing wrong with that.

Not offensive at all, I encourage it and always ask for the comparison in detail.

I see it as a validation to our quality, innovation, and vision for others to try to copy and mock.

The industry is built off leaders that are copied..its the norm.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not offensive at all, I encourage it and always ask for the comparison in detail.

I see it as a validation to our quality, innovation, and vision for others to try to copy and mock.

The industry is built off leaders that are copied..its the norm.
Agreed, and these supplements are something that are new to the bodybuilding industry, and i respect something that's finally out of the norm

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is this illusion out there that companies simply pluck 'any ol' extract' and throw it into a supplement - this is simply not the case. Sourcing is an ability, an art form, and a science. It does not come easy, nor cheap, and one needs to very qualitatively analyze their product.
I don't know if it is completely and illusion. I remember learning the little I do about the extracts ands what not when learning about things like guggulesterones and forsklin and what have you. I do believe that some do just pluck "any ol" and pass it on off the credible shirt tails of those who actually use higher standards and processes of extracts. I forget what the active was in guggul that can be completely absent in some and therefore make it an inferior extract yet be marketed as no less potent as one that is.

Sorry to stick my $0.02 into this discussion but, to Jacob and Mullet, you stimulate the quality engineer in me that crosses over into this area of my life that I find some passion still exists when in your company. Man crush?

"You make me want to be a better man" - Jack Nicholson to Helen Hunt in "As good as it gets"

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you'd be better off spending your time researching the different ways of taking and combining the two supplements :study:;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that tannic acid is toxic, actually, but i was referring to a post here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/93550-new-all-carb.html#post1343208

I know that tannic acid is most normally listed in certain foods as "no tannic acid found". I also know its the biggest component in some fishing lines.
Tannic Acid is recently being hypothesized as the most important component of Lagerstroemia as it pertains to glucose transport.

Biochemical and Molecular Actions of Nutrients
Tannic Acid Stimulates Glucose Transport and Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells1

Xueqing Liu*,2, Jae-kyung Kim*,2, Yunsheng Li{dagger}, Jing Li{dagger}, Fang Liu{dagger} and Xiaozhuo Chen*,{dagger},**,3

* Department of Biochemistry, {dagger} Edison Biotechnology Institute, and ** Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701

Obesity is a major risk factor for Syndrome X and type II diabetes (T2D). However, most antidiabetic drugs that are hypoglycemic also promote weight gain, thus alleviating one symptom of T2D while aggravating a major risk factor that leads to T2D. Adipogenesis, the differentiation and proliferation of adipocytes, is a major mechanism leading to weight gain and obesity. It is highly desirable to develop pharmaceuticals and treatments for T2D that reduce blood glucose levels without inducing adipogenesis in patients. Previously, we reported that an extract from Lagerstroemia speciosa L. (banaba) possessed activities that both stimulated glucose transport and inhibited adipocyte differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells. Using glucose uptake assays and Western/Northern blot analyses as major tools and 3T3-L1 cells as a model, we showed that the banaba extract (BE) with tannin removed was devoid of the 2 activities, and tannic acid (TA), a major component of tannins, had the same 2 activities as BE. Inhibitors known to abolish insulin-induced glucose transport also blocked TA-induced glucose transport. We further detected that TA induced phosphorylation of the insulin receptor (IR) and Akt, as well as translocation of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT 4), the protein factors involved in the signaling pathway of insulin-mediated glucose transport. We also demonstrated that TA inhibited the expression of key genes for adipogenesis. Differences between samples with or without TA in all of the quantitative assays were significant (P < 0.05). These results suggest that TA may be useful for the prevention and treatment of T2D and its associated obesity. TA may have the potential to become the lead compound in the development of new types of antidiabetic pharmaceuticals that are able to reduce blood glucose levels without increasing adiposity
Full text: http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/135/2/165#F3

Antidiabetes and Anti-obesity Activity of Lagerstroemia speciosa

Guy Klein

Tannins comprise a large and diverse class of polyphenolic compounds (31,32). Our search for the active components in the tannin fraction of BE was made much easier after we discovered that commercially available tannic acid (TA) shows similar glucose transport stimulatory activity to BE (29). The main components of TA are gallotannins, a subclass of the tannins usually consisting of a glucose core connected to a variable number of galloyl groups via ester bonds (Fig. 5).

TA is known to exhibit various health-beneficial activities (33–36). As a constituent of red wine, it has been shown to effectively reduce blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes patients (37) and the production of endothelin-1 (38), a key protein factor intimately involved in the development of cardiovascular disease (38). In our study, TA was found to be much more potent and efficacious than the ellagitannin Lagerstroemin (29). Therefore, TA was chosen as the focus of our research for isolating active compounds from the tannin fraction of BE. Components of TA were separated by HPLC, and active fractions were identified with a glucose uptake assay in 3T3-L1 adipocytes (29). The study led to the discovery of penta-O-galloyl-D-glucopyranose (PGG) as the most effective compound in TA (Fig. 5, 39). Both anomers of PGG occur in nature (40). The α-anomer was found to be slightly more active than the β-form in its glucose transport stimulatory activity (39).

.....From the known studies, we conclude that tannin molecules are responsible for the insulin-like glucose transport stimulatory activity of the banaba extract. Gallotannins such as PGG appear to be more potent and efficacious than ellagitanins such as Lagerstroemin in IR binding, IR activation and glucose transport induction.
In this same study, they conclude that Corosolic Acid mediated Glucose uptake is stimulated via indirect, non-insulin dependent pathways; such as the activation of Insulin-reactive protein cascades.

Natural anti-diabetic compound 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-d-glucopyranose binds to insulin receptor and activates insulin-mediated glucose transport signaling pathwaystar, open

Yunsheng Lia

Abstract

Insulin mimetics from natural sources are potential therapeutics that can act alone or supplement insulin and other anti-diabetic drugs in the prevention and treatment of diabetes. We recently reported the insulin-like glucose transport stimulatory activity of tannic acid (TA) in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. In this study, we find that chemically synthesized 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-β-d-glucopyranose (β-PGG), one of the components of TA, as well as its natural anomer greek small letter alpha-PGG possess activity. Mechanistic studies in adipocytes with greek small letter alpha-PGG, the more potent of the two anomers, reveal that inhibitors that block the insulin-mediated glucose transport, including one that inhibits the insulin receptor (IR), also completely abolish the glucose transport activated by greek small letter alpha-PGG. In addition, greek small letter alpha-PGG induces phosphorylation of the IR and Akt, activates PI 3-kinase, and stimulates membrane translocation of GLUT 4. Receptor binding studies indicate that greek small letter alpha-PGG binds to the IR and affects the binding between insulin and IR by reducing the maximum binding of insulin to IR without significantly altering the binding affinity of insulin to IR. Western blotting analysis of the products of a cross-linking reaction suggests that greek small letter alpha-PGG may bind to IR at a site located on the greek small letter alpha-subunit of the receptor. Animal studies demonstrate that PGG reduces blood glucose levels and improves glucose tolerance in diabetic and obese animals. Our results suggest that PGG may serve as a model for the development of new types of anti-diabetic and anti-metabolic syndrome therapeutics.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, I never said there was, and in fact encouraged you twice.

As I said, please do source the materials, and (once again) inform me of your results. I was not being rude or snide, I simply know you will be unpleasantly surprised by the vast difference between the two.

Phytochemicals, alkaloids, and polyphenols are fickle compounds; a great myriad of factors effect the quality of their cultivation and extraction. Whereas Creatine Monohydrate is Creatine Mono is Creatine Mono, plant constituents are a 'different ball game', so to speak. Similar to hormones, the manner in which they are reacted can greatly affect the eventual outcome in your body.

To use an example from a recent thread, a great many 'Superdrol' clones exist, all purporting the same chemical structure, but exerting different effects - why? Most likely because of improper reactions and fly-by-night sourcing activities producing inaccurate compounds. Bulk products can be very much the same. One must find a very, very high quality extractor. In most cases, these extractors work only in high quantities, with established retailers.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it just me or does the post i linked and the above statements contradict? Again...not trying to cause an e-fight or anything, not trying to sound like im a researcher by any means...just trying to figure out exactly whats about to go in my body. Im already ordering AP and Pslin, and will use them how they are to be used.
See above, but only concentrated Tannic Acid is used in commercial applications such as tanning. Lower serum concentrations have been used for quite some time in various health-related applications.

The typo was mine as our product is standardized for 45% Tannins; however, with that being said, and as the references I posted demonstrated, Tannic Acid is 'the sh!t', as it were.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know if it is completely and illusion. I remember learning the little I do about the extracts ands what not when learning about things like guggulesterones and forsklin and what have you. I do believe that some do just pluck "any ol" and pass it on off the credible shirt tails of those who actually use higher standards and processes of extracts. I forget what the active was in guggul that can be completely absent in some and therefore make it an inferior extract yet be marketed as no less potent as one that is.

Sorry to stick my $0.02 into this discussion but, to Jacob and Mullet, you stimulate the quality engineer in me that crosses over into this area of my life that I find some passion still exists when in your company. Man crush?

"You make me want to be a better man" - Jack Nicholson to Helen Hunt in "As good as it gets"
I suppose I did not want to incite any E-Drama. There are certainly companies who 'copy-and-paste', though I must say we are not one of them. Jacob has been bucking the China-source trend since the inception of USP Labs.

Best Brooklyn voice for B:

"You don't get your sh!t from where we do"

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
wait....jessica alba has a sister??..im in

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jacob has been bucking the China-source trend since the inception of USP Labs.

Best Brooklyn voice for B:

"You don't get your sh!t from where we do"
That is exactly why I use USPLabs products.

Lets see which ones...

Anabolic Pump
P-Slin
PureDopa/PureSap
SuperCissus
Recreate is in my shopping cart.

USPLabs...Forgetaboutit!!! -

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need at least 30mg of Corosolic Acid to achieve results - that is, 30mg of CA, pure, in total.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt know USPlabs made P-slin, i thought it was by some company called pure supplements. So confused

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt know USPlabs made P-slin, i thought it was by some company called pure supplements. So confused
No, you are correct. My bad. It is not a USPLabs product. But it is from the same great mind(s).

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subjects receiving the oil-based corosolic acid formulation in a soft gelatin capsule seem to show an increased tendency toward weight loss (an average weight loss of 3.2 pounds), compared to those on the dry-powder based corosolic acid formulation (no weight loss).

interesting

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems kind of high but...what do i know.
Google "Glucosol", an extract of Banaba standardized for 1% Corosolic Acid. Several studies, some full-text and some abstract, will appear. Then report back with the dosages (they will mostly be in vivo rat assays) and equate them to human mg/kg dosages. You'll find that approximately 30mg Corosolic Acid is necessary to achieve results.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Google "Glucosol", an extract of Banaba standardized for 1% Corosolic Acid. Several studies, some full-text and some abstract, will appear. Then report back with the dosages (they will mostly be in vivo rat assays) and equate them to human mg/kg dosages. You'll find that approximately 30mg Corosolic Acid is necessary to achieve results.
How is it possible that there is 3g of Glucosol in one capsule though? Thats what I dont get. And ive seen it standardized at 18% as well, and CNW sells banaba extract of corosolic acid for 20%. I think i just cant get my head around all this stuff...

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The antidiabetic activity of an extract from the leaves of Lagerstroemia speciosa standardized to 1% corosolic acid (Glucosol) has been demonstrated in a randomized clinical trial involving Type II diabetics. Subjects received a daily oral dose of Glucosol and blood glucose levels were measured. Glucosol at daily dosages of 32 and 48mg for 2 weeks showed a significant reduction in the blood glucose levels. Glucosol in a soft gel capsule formulation showed a 30% decrease in blood glucose levels compared to a 20% drop seen with dry-powder filled hard gelatin capsule formulation suggesting that the soft gel formulation has a better bioavailability than a dry-powder formulation.

Corosolic acid isolated from the fruit of Crataegus pinnatifida var. psilosa is a protein kinase C inhibitor as well as a cytotoxic agent.
Planta Med. 1998 Jun;64(5):468-70.
Corosolic acid isolated from the fruit of Cratoegus pinnatifida var. psilosa was tested for anticancer activity. Corosolic acid displayed about the same potent cytotoxic activity as ursolic acid against several human cancer cell lines. In addition, the compound displayed antagonistic activity against the phorbol ester-induced morphological modification of K-562 leukemic cells, indicating the suppression of protein kinase C (PKC) activity by the cytotoxic compound. Corosolic acid showed PKC inhibition with dose-dependent pattern in an in vitro PKC assay.

See now that makes more sense. 48mg of 1%. You made it seem like 48mg of pure 100%, thats why i said it was way too high

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This product is sold by one manufacturer...seems sort of similar... ****** ***** ******** contains 25mg Cinnulin PF™ cinnamon extract per dose, 280mg each of Gymnema sylvestre and bitter melon (Momordica charantia) extracts and 16mg 1% corosolic acid banaba extract per dose. 2 doses per day before meals supports blood sugar health.** Somewhat bitter and may block ability to taste sweet for a few minutes. You would need to take 2-3 caps to equal the amount of some in P-slin so to speak...but again...its a similar but different product. I starred out the name in respect to Mullet and Jacob. Im a big fan of USPLabs.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My friend banged Jessica Alba's fat sister in hopes of getting to Jessica. He is now gay and lives in San Fransisco working at Banana Republic by day, and Starbucks by night. Let that be a lesson to everyone.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive read a few places that bitter melon and K-R-ALA and NA-R-ALA are both very good an mocking insulin. Maybe this is something we'll see in P-slin or AP in the future. I know DS sells that weird glucophase XR stuff thats just pure K-R-ALA, but ive read studies saying that NA-R-ALA is up to 70% more absorbed, and others saying its no different. Either way, seems like a cheap thing so stack with you P-Slin or AP.