Cla

getb1g

Awards
Some websites claim CLA will help you gain 20lbs of muscle in 1 month. I doubt thats even possible. Actually, I KNOW it is. What kind of benefits did you see while on CLA?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
CLA is a fatty acid that promotes better body composition, but its slow, not really a supplement youll "notice". I take it while cutting or recomping.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Some websites claim CLA will help you gain 20lbs of muscle in 1 month. I doubt thats even possible. Actually, I KNOW it is. What kind of benefits did you see while on CLA?
Take a look at this.

Orth59

Orth59

Awards
How many mg of cla should i take a day ? Im 225 with 12% Body fat. :frustrate:

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Is CLA of any use when you are actually trying to gain weight?

Deegin

Awards
It may help minimize fat gain in some people while bulking. I'm personally going to run some CLA on my next bulk to see if this is true for me.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it shifts body composition away from fat gain and towards muscle gain in hypercaloric states. Primordial's seems to be the best CLA out there right now as well.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it shifts body composition away from fat gain and towards muscle gain in hypercaloric states. Primordial's seems to be the best CLA out there right now as well.
I am interested in PP's version of CLA. Its seems cost effective. Have you used it yourself? If so, how does it compare to regular CLA?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
My mother has been using Nutraplanet CLA since last august and I got her a bottle of PP's CLAee while nutra was out of theres. It seemed to help her break out of the sticking point she was at with weight loss. I think she just responded well to upping her intake of active CLA isomers. The biggest advantage I see is not having to take a butt load of pills to get an effective dose.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
My mother has been using Nutraplanet CLA since last august and I got her a bottle of PP's CLAee while nutra was out of theres. It seemed to help her break out of the sticking point she was at with weight loss. I think she just responded well to upping her intake of active CLA isomers. The biggest advantage I see is not having to take a butt load of pills to get an effective dose.
Thanks
reps

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i use a little higher dosage and see far better results. i typically use 8-10g of CLA a day. buy in bulk bags, much cheaper @ NP. i also found sesamin to work better, which can also be bought in bulk and both are great to stack with a fat burner, good for overall health, and fatloss (midsection especially).

grapplastolic

Awards
cla has been a staple in my supplementation

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
CLA IMO should be effective if used at the right time for the right reasons. The no-brainer is that when someone is bulking it will help keep carbs from going to fat storage.

But let's say someone is doing a fast cut of fat -- and they almost eliminate carbs for the whole day. They eat the usual 6-7 lean high protein meals. That person starts burning fat at a rapid rate. Yet the brain gets starved of glucose with all the usual nasty symptoms.

CLA (along with RALA, and perhaps some biotin) to the rescue. Fifteen minutes before your first meal of the day you take say 8 grams of CLA and 300 mg of RALA, then you eat carbs with that meal along with your usual protein amount. You will not get spikes or lows of blood glucose from the carbs in this meal. You don't eat for about four hours, then fifteen minutes before you do you take another 8 grams of CLA with more RALA. You have now eaten two meals with carbs with minimal damage to your lean high protein diet. The remainer of the day you eat the typical small meals of 30-40 grams of lean protein. BUT YOUR BRAIN IS NOT STARVED OF BLOOD GLUCOSE. You get the positive effects of the carbs with almost none of the negative effects caused by spikes and lows in the blood sugar.

This is the way I plan to use CLA starting in a couple of days.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered the PP version of CLA. I will post my feedback after I try the bottle.