That little extra something...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.

That little extra something...

Ok, Memorial Day weekend is almost here. I have been on a very clean diet for 10 weeks now. I am verry happy with the results I have gotten. I have lost 13 pounds with pretty much just diet and cardio. Im doing this while keeping most of my LBM. I dont have an exact BF count, but the definition iof my abs is starting to show pretty good.

I am looking for something that will give me the little extra "cut" for the time that im at the lake. Im not looking for some magic pill, just some ideas.

I know that i could deplete my sodium intake and lower my water intake on the day of, but what about something like SAN Shredded, or Xpel?

Like I said, i am happy with my results so far, but who wouldnt want that extra something when it counts?

2. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

DCP+Levithan= Little Extra Something.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.

Thanks Bama. I have used that stack before. I liked it, but I get better results when sticking to the ol' EC stack.. Im actually looking more for something to add day of, or a few days out... Even if its just a temporary thing. I will only be there for the weekend.
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

Day of? but not a magic pill? I don't know ya got me.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Like I said, i am happy with my results so far, but who wouldnt want that extra something when it counts?
    Caffein + Yohimbine tablets for fasted cardio. YOu can get both for under 20 bucks..
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    Day of? but not a magic pill? I don't know ya got me.

Well Xpel is a diuretic. Something that will just take out that last little bit of water. Something like this is what im talking about. People who compete (which I dont, and dont ever plan to) use things like this about a week out. I just dont know how something like that would effect someone for an entire weekend.
  7. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

o.k. so I see what you want but the people who take that are also dieting up to contest time. I guess it would work. If you are going to be drinking it may also give you a worse hangover. If the alcohol dries you out and you are also taking a diuretic you are going to be DRY. That will be a real good headache.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Its not a healthy suggestion but I am assuming being at the lake involves drinking?

The day after you drink you will be cut-up pretty good from the dehydration especially after your supper clean diet basically the same affect you would have from the diuretic. Be cautious because your alcohol tolerance will most likely be very low after eating very clean for so long.

Something more useful may be to take one of the other protocols you mentioned a week or two before and then move into a very low carb diet and then carb load 1-2 days out along with Anabolic Pump or P-slin which should cause your muscles to have a good pump and make them look much more full.

If you have checked out the "Cut Diet Book" that Scivation was sending out with their orders a couple of years back there was an example where the day before a body building tourney they actually have cheescake or chocolate cake thrown in. Speaking of Scivation I had just seen an add for a product called showtime that may also fit into your mix, I think it was relativey cheap as well.

In the end drinking might be more fun....
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaz01 View Post
    Its not a healthy suggestion but I am assuming being at the lake involves drinking?

The day after you drink you will be cut-up pretty good from the dehydration especially after your supper clean diet basically the same affect you would have from the diuretic. Be cautious because your alcohol tolerance will most likely be very low after eating very clean for so long.

Something more useful may be to take one of the other protocols you mentioned a week or two before and then move into a very low carb diet and then carb load 1-2 days out along with Anabolic Pump or P-slin which should cause your muscles to have a good pump and make them look much more full.

If you have checked out the "Cut Diet Book" that Scivation was sending out with their orders a couple of years back there was an example where the day before a body building tourney they actually have cheescake or chocolate cake thrown in. Speaking of Scivation I had just seen an add for a product called showtime that may also fit into your mix, I think it was relativey cheap as well.

well, you could just go on a no-carb diet for like 3-4 days before the lake "show". That will deplete your glycogen and make u look lean, but not very full. Vascularity should show a little more. Not fun, but it is do-able. Drink lots of water too. Be careful about this, when you do drink, you need to drink a cold beer...drink a cold water.....1:1 ratio will do wonders.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.

That was one thing that I was worried about. That why I came here to ask. I know when I drink, the next day I am pretty dry. Like you said, this would be like doubling up on that effect, which may not be the best idea. In the end, I may just be better off having a good time since Im happy with my results so far and still have 3 weeks left to just diet and cardio the way I have been.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaz01 View Post

11. Registered User

if you take a diuretic and then drink you will be in P-A-I-N the next morning.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.

Sounds like you have done this before. Sounds like it wouldnt be worth it to do. When you did this, did you drink a lot of water as well ? I do plan to drink, but I also plan to drink as much, if not more water.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    if you take a diuretic and then drink you will be in P-A-I-N the next morning.
  13. Registered User

you will also get drunk easy.. trust me i did it this weekend, i took expel and went out saturday night.. and a beer and a shot into the night i was already feeling alright, but yes you should be sure to drink alot of water.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

Aside from looking lean, I think the contest guys take chocolate and candy to make them more vascular, even if it is temporary. So maybe you could make an entrance like that :P

Diuretic + Clean Eating + Alcohol = Mind Splitting Headache x 1,000
  15. Gold Member

Where are you at? Take the money you are going to spend on any supplements and rent a wakeboard for the day. Even if you don't have a boat, someone will probably want to give it a spin. Give them some gas money and have fun. I recommend trying the Ronix Ibex with cell bindings.

You say you can see the outline of your abs? That's better than say 95% of people your age these days.
  16. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Recreate and/or Anabolic Pump would help ya get shredded.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by scottydx267 View Post
    you will also get drunk easy.. trust me i did it this weekend, i took expel and went out saturday night.. and a beer and a shot into the night i was already feeling alright, but yes you should be sure to drink alot of water.

Agreed you will be a major light weight so you will not have to buy much beer. I was in Vegas this week and had one scotch and was feeling it. I would completely stay away from hard liquor, not good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Extra kick for DCP/LR
    By BabyHulk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM
  2. extra trans res with 911
    By mixedup in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
  3. a little extra help
    By newbie arnie in forum Supplements