Contemplating Halodrol (PH) at 19. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveWalton

Awards
I've been working out for about 4 years now. I am genetically predisposed to being skinny and having a small frame. Basically my whole life I've wanted to be big, and it drives me crazy that I'm not. I think I've got a good feel for working out and for diet. I don't mind working out and taking the time to eat 6 meals a day plus supplements, but I want an edge.

I matured a bit late...I'm 19 1/2 and have a bit of a baby face. Any suggestions/advice much appreciated. Essentially, do you think I'm potentially permanently damaging my body by taking prohormones (e.g. becoming infertile in the future)?

Thanks

mcneil0303

mcneil0303

Awards
I've been working out for about 4 years now. I am genetically predisposed to being skinny and having a small frame. Basically my whole life I've wanted to be big, and it drives me crazy that I'm not. I think I've got a good feel for working out and for diet. I don't mind working out and taking the time to eat 6 meals a day plus supplements, but I want an edge.

I matured a bit late...I'm 19 1/2 and have a bit of a baby face. Any suggestions/advice much appreciated. Essentially, do you think I'm potentially permanently damaging my body by taking prohormones (e.g. becoming infertile in the future)?

Thanks
look man im just going to save you the pain and say that im willing to bet not one person will tell you can take it. look into something like jungle warfare or mass fx. maybe even a test booster

trying to help

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If your skinny eat a lot more first and see if you get results. Not the answer you want to hear but there is no need for a hormonal product at 19. Wait a few years at least and you will be happy you did.

DaveWalton

Awards
look man im just going to save you the pain and say that im willing to bet not one person will tell you can take it. look into something like jungle warfare or mass fx. maybe even a test booster

trying to help
You're probably right. Thanks

Deegin

Awards
At 19 your body is still producing a lot of natural testosterone and your body still isn't done developing yet - do not mess with external hormones.

Eat big, train hard (and smart), rest harder, eat, eat some more, eat again, eat yet again.. see the pattern?

Plenty of clean foods combined with plenty of quality rest when combined with a good training program and the hormones of a 19 year old will produce amazing results. You have age on your side my friend, use it to it's fullest potential and stay away from PH's at your age.

DaveWalton

Awards
If your skinny eat a lot more first and see if you get results. Not the answer you want to hear but there is no need for a hormonal product at 19. Wait a few years at least and you will be happy you did.
The thing is, I do eat a lot! All the time. To be honest I have been gaining. In the past 6 weeks on GVT I gained almost 20 pounds.

DaveWalton

Awards
At 19 your body is still producing a lot of natural testosterone and your body still isn't done developing yet - do not mess with external hormones.

Eat big, train hard (and smart), rest harder, eat, eat some more, eat again, eat yet again.. see the pattern?

Plenty of clean foods combined with plenty of quality rest when combined with a good training program and the hormones of a 19 year old will produce amazing results. You have age on your side my friend, use it to it's fullest potential and stay away from PH's at your age.
You're right. I guess I've just been growing impatient. It takes so long to bulk!

Deegin

Awards
You're right. I guess I've just been growing impatient. It takes so long to bulk!
I understand being impatient as I used to be the same way - bodybuilding isn't easy or everyone would be walking around jacked and ripped. :lol:

You'll look back and be much more pleased with yourself and happy that you didn't use anything hormonal at a young age.

And props to you for listening and understanding as not many people would. :clap2:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The thing is, I do eat a lot! All the time. To be honest I have been gaining. In the past 6 weeks on GVT I gained almost 20 pounds.
Dude if your making gains like that definitely don't bother doing anything yet. Wait until you reach your potential and then wait a little more just to be sure.
Nice progress with the GVT though, congrats.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
At least this guy's not an idiot like most guys that make these posts. I do agree with the post above, i think you'll feel so much better getting to a certain point all natural! keep at it bro. congrats on the 20 pounds in six weeks. jesus

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Congrats man. Im guessing your bodytype is ectomorph right? Gaining 20lbs in six weeks is something that most ph's cant do. So with gains like that your natty test is doing a great job at building muscle.

DaveWalton

Awards
True enough! Thanks for the support bros! I think a big part of the problem lately is motivation. GVT was the first program that help me put on mass pretty quickly. My diet is also pretty good, getting about 4000 calories a day and lots of complex carbs, vegetables, and about 250g of protein.

The thing I need to figure out now is a new program aside from GVT. I really don't enjoy HIT programs (not that they aren't effective, I just don't enjoy them).

Any suggestions?

WheyGood

Awards
  • Established
It looks as though you are on the right track and realize that you don't need any drugs right now -- you will continue to make STEADY gains for the next 2 to 3 years training naturally.

I am taller than you and was skinny as a rail at age 19 and was just beginning weight training at that time. I also had a 'fast' metabolism and ate like a horse without gaining weight as a kid. Since you are seeing results with your current training and diet, I'd say keep doing what you are doing. The one thing I will suggest that made the biggest difference for me at that time is make sure you are comsuming lots of protein.

I used to take a one-gallon container and mix up a massive protein shake that had about 200 to 250 grams of protein. Then I'd drink that shake throughout the day in and around my 6 or 7 meals and snacks. Getting that much quality protein spread thoughout the day at that age (19 - 22) had a 'drug-like' effect on my progress.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't usually have a lot to say about training except remember "Everything works. Just not for very long." Change it up and often. There are many ways to make a program High intensity without going traditional HITT. The intensity must be present in your routine however. It's just as much a frame of mind as it is anything else. Get in, get it done as hard and fast as you can, and get the hell out. Train hard and rest a lot.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First i feel you on the want to just get bigger and quick ways out seem tempting from time to time. But i look at it this way => I wanna get big but for me its more about the journey than the end result

Second for a program look into the split done by semper or sporto i really like they way that split is laid out and am starting it up again this week :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First i feel you on the want to just get bigger and quick ways out seem tempting from time to time. But i look at it this way => I wanna get big but for me its more about the journey than the end result

Second for a program look into the split done by semper or sporto i really like they way that split is laid out and am starting it up again this week :D
Yes it is tempting, and we often do want an easier softer way, it's in our nature. If you want to change your body though, you first have to be willing to put in the time, pay your dues. This is the commitment this lifestyle requires of you and if you want it bad enough, you'll do it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
These threads are so redundant it's not even funny. They are an open invite for a good bashing.

As far as test boosters, I would stay away from those too at your age.

mcneil0303

mcneil0303

Awards
i dont believe test boosters would be bad for a 19 year old but if hes gaining 20 in six weeks he doesnt need anything:drunk:

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
If he's having test-level problems @ 19, he needs and endo, not a test-booster!

To the OP: infertility is the LAST thing you ought to be worried about - wrecking your hormonal equilibrium at your age *might* lead to infertility eventually, but the weak, pasty, low-energy blimp you'd be wouldn't NEED fertile sperm for lack of anyplace to PUT IT.

MOD EDIT: Read the sticky, then read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.