Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass ?

mattakaspeedy

Awards
Just wondering what you guys think of Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass ? is has 1250 calories per serving which would help a fair but when on cycle and have a busy lifestyle, so is it worth it ?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Optimum makes decent products but you would be better off with a homemade weight gainer. You can use whey, casein, eggs, bananas, oatmeal, natural peanut butter, flax, etc to make up the macros you want. Homemade option would probably be cheaper as well.

Cash

Awards
Thats one serious protein mix,lol, talk about MRP. But i would just get yourself some bulk whey, and then you can add in w/e you want to make your own bulking shake. Much easier to tailor the shake to what you need/want this way, sometimes you might only need 500 calories instead of 1250. When buying stuff i always think of what i cant do myself, i cant make whey so thats what i buy.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Homemade is the way to go, lots of ways to make your own superior product.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
homemade is easier to make sure your not getting what you don't need.

99vorsi

99vorsi

Awards
its full of maltodextin aka sugar not good. I like up your mass by mhp what I do is take half of the recommended dose 2 scoops and then add Pb, oats, milk, bannanas, water, and ice. That makes your 30 bucks last alot longer and helps get natural calories not just powdered knock off stuff.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
For a prepackaged gainer that is hig in cals and not that high in sugar its fine. It really does not give you anything a tub of whey and maltodextrin wouldnt.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
hahaha welli just got 3 bags cos i get them for AUD $80 each so that was pretty cheap. Should get them tommorow so ill tell ya what i think of em. I got all the in chocolate. Please tell me the choc taste like choc ?

WireJim

Awards
I tried the strawberry and it tasted like crap. And wait till you see the scoop for that thing. It's like a shovel.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I liked Optimum Pro Complex Gainer better... tasted better... fewer calories, but I think it's healthier that way.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
Well i got my bas of serious mass today all chocolate and made my first full shake. Should have gone to the shed and grabbed my shovel, seeming its about the same size as the scoop lol. I drank it straight from the jug and it wasnt bad flavour. Felt a bit bloated afterwards but yea not as bad as everyone said. I plan to have 2 full shakes a day with milk so 3300 just from that plus all my other food on top.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
that doesnt seem like it will be a very clean bulk.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
it will be a mixed bulk and then my next cycle will be a clean cut.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering what you guys think of Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass ? is has 1250 calories per serving which would help a fair but when on cycle and have a busy lifestyle, so is it worth it ?
i don't think anyone needs 250g of simple carbs at one time, unless you're 260 pounds of muscle on gear.