Xtend(New and improved flavor)???

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.37%

Xtend(New and improved flavor)???

So I recently picked up a new tub of Xtend Grape flavor labeled on the top "New and improved flavor". Slightly taller tub, figured it was to give a little bit more breathing room over the last since the powder is usually level with the top. Newer tub was still level(really don't care about that just saying) however, has anyone else found that this new grape flavor hasn't actually been improved? I thought the old flavor was quite good, but the new one is a little bit more medicine like, tastes identical with the vasocharge. At first I thought it was a labeling mistake because the old flavoring is just about perfect. However this new tub does in fact have a later expiration date. Sorry for the rant, but has anyone else noticed this? Any idea if all of the flavors will be reformulated?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.18%

I agree 100 percent. The old grape flavor was awesome... This one is just okay.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

The only thing I don't like about Xtend is the price and the foam. Otherwise its great stuff.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Xtend is the price and the foam. Otherwise its great stuff.
    i find the price quite reasonable. 38 bucks for something that even used at 4-6 scoops per day will last you a month. If you order from nutra at over 200 bucks you pay like 15 bucks for it due to the savings in shipping and coupon code.
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

i have been using watermelon extend for 2 years now, love the taste and mixes well. last tub i got didn't mix at all even sitting in fridge at work for 1 1/2 hours it was still floating at top and it doesn't taste good at all. am considering going with something else. damn is it just me or does 'new' seem to equal 'worse'.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    i find the price quite reasonable. 38 bucks for something that even used at 4-6 scoops per day will last you a month. If you order from nutra at over 200 bucks you pay like 15 bucks for it due to the savings in shipping and coupon code.

I rarely spend over $200 on supplements. I need to pay rent, car bills, phone, internet, cable, debt collectors, and food.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I rarely spend over $200 on supplements. I need to pay rent, car bills, phone, internet, cable, debt collectors, and food.
    i guess im lucky i dont have to pay for that stuff yet.

I usually never break 200 either. It was just that one exceptional case where i bought 10+ pounds of protein,helped a friend buy 5 pounds of protein and placed a fat burner order for a girl at the gym. If you do get to 200+ dollars in supps, do take advantage of the coupon code/shipping. Whats better than xtend is cheap cheap xtend.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.37%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    is it just me or does 'new' seem to equal 'worse'.
    It does taste worse. Way worse, I just hope this isn't the direction they are going with the product. I will say at face value its a bit pricey but Cellar is right, even at 4 scoops it lasts me over a month. I've also noticed only the grape has changed. Anyone else notice this?
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by LiftNDestroy View Post
    It does taste worse. Way worse, I just hope this isn't the direction they are going with the product. I will say at face value its a bit pricey but Cellar is right, even at 4 scoops it lasts me over a month. I've also noticed only the grape has changed. Anyone else notice this?
    like i said i use watermelon flavor and nothing has changed on the packaging, but i was real disappointed in the last tub. never had mixability or taste problem' before this.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.96%

Who gives a **** if it foams? Just shake it up and drink it down. Sure the first sip might not be as smooth and pleasurable as the straight mix but you gotta be a giant ***** to need to ***** about that.

As for the new grape taste, I agree with OP, I hope it doesnt taste any different. Grape was delicious as it was.
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.97%

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    Who gives a **** if it foams? Just shake it up and drink it down. Sure the first sip might not be as smooth and pleasurable as the straight mix but you gotta be a giant ***** to need to ***** about that.

As for the new grape taste, I agree with OP, I hope it doesnt taste any different. Grape was delicious as it was.
    if i didn't care about taste and how it mixes i would just buy bulk bcaa's, the name calling was uncalled for.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.37%

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    It tastes almost identical to the vasocharge. I'm not one to complain about the taste of a product as long as it works, but I hate to see a product I use on a daily basis go from good to bad like this. Ah well not the end of the world, just a rant.
    Also I'm pretty sure that one of the #1 things people comment about is the awesome taste of the Xtend.

Similar Forum Threads

1. best xtend flavor
    By TNASTYII in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 12:47 AM
  2. Purple Wraath grape flavor being improved due to customer demand!
    By CONTROLLED LABS in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 05:25 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 01:34 PM