Belly fat!

pinkyboots

pinkyboots

Awards
Ok, so I'm a female and 21, weight 113 lbs and am 5'2, I am pretty slim, but still have a flabby belly, and I was wondering if anyone could guide me on what supplement I should buy to help burn that fat, or what exercise should I do

Note: I have never ever taken any supplements before, and I do cardio for an hour 3-4 days a week 3mph and 10% incline, and sit ups on a ball 50 in the morning and 50 at night everyday, I don't eat junkfood or all those bad things, I eat pretty healthy in small meals throughout the day.. thanks

P.S. I saw some info on Napalm Topical Fat Loss and was wondering if that is going to be what I should buy and how long does it last, and if it really works, thanks

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Well Pinkyboots the truth of the matter is NOTHING will help you spot reduce. There is a saying I picked up years ago that sheds some clarity on the belly issue:

"Abs are made in the kitchen."

You talked about your cardio, but nothing about your diet. If you are genetically inclined to carry some extra fat around the midsection, the statement above has double meaning.

Post your diet. We can start there.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that and 3mph at a 10% incline isn't exactly hardcore training

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
post diet first, but right off the bat i can tell u that ur not doing enough cardio

Motox

Awards
  • Established
low to mederate intensity long duration activity is best for burning fat, it is when the body is using fat as its primary energy source. Off the bat considering you are healthy you should try to keep your hr at around 130 135 while doing your cardio for up to an hour no less than half and hour. You can throw in some sprints a couple days a week if you want. 3500 calories is 1 pound of fat so if you cut a few hundred a day and burn a couple hundred extra you will be cruisin! Im sure more people will chime in about diet.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wanna hear peoples opinion about the napalm. i've heard good things but it just doesn't seem like it can work

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
i wanna hear peoples opinion about the napalm. i've heard good things but it just doesn't seem like it can work
it does work but only if your at a somewhat low bf%. its best used for spot reduction when your trying to get rid of that last bit of fat that just won't go away.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it does work but only if your at a somewhat low bf%. its best used for spot reduction when your trying to get rid of that last bit of fat that just won't go away.
so if i'm about 12% theres no point in using it?

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
how tall are you, because if your over 6ft then you would probably be ok to use it.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
nevermind i just looked at your stats, you would probably benefit from using it

pinkyboots

pinkyboots

Awards
it's very hard to tell how much I'm eating calorie wise, because I don't count calories,
but I can just say that I eat small meals troughout the day, and I'm hispanic so I don't eat out much,
this would be a typical day of eating for me, (workday)

breakfast, decaff coffee with milk, and a ham and cheese sandwich
soup with very low sodium from healthy choice and a low fat yogurt
then an apple as a snack
after work at home, a little bit of rice, big portion of salad and grilled chicken
snack on an orange
snack on apple or ham and cheese sandwich
maybe cereal with milk a couple of hours before bed or a jelly sandwich and some tea before bed, or a small portion of the days leftover

as for my cardio, I used to do hitt before for 15 min, 8mph 45 secs and 4mph for 15 secs, 0% incline
and then I decided to go for 3mph and 10% incline because I sweated more,
now I'm thinking about going for 5.5 mph at 6% incline for 35 mins, and then do 4 sets of 20 sit ups on one side, 4 sets of 20 straight up and 4 sets of 20 on the other side, would that work better, thanks

pinkyboots

pinkyboots

Awards
p.s. my brother told me I would benefit more from doing cardio on the sides and straigh up then just doing straigh ups and doing it slower at a pace 3 secs going up 1 stay up 2 coming down and so on, I will post some pics later and hopefully I see results and will not need any supplements, thanks

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i dont think there is anything wrong with u...but...heres what ive been doing.. i bought something called a solar belt for 10 bucks at modells. wear that when working out. i have sweat off about 3 inches in my stomach and waist since using it. give it a shot. and also...grapefruit juice can help also.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Mieja,

You gotta watch those complex carbs! Ham sandwich for breakfast? OK actually works for me, but what type of bread are you using? Also, tortillas should be off the list, even the "no fat" types. Go for whole grains. But for a while, you may want to cut significantly back on your starches. Keep eating the good proteins like fish, white chicken meat, lean steak and so on. Pork is good if it is from the lean cuts, ham is loaded with salt. And no carnitas. That heavily fried stuff is really not what you want to eat when trying to loose fat. Salt makes you hold water. Switch your white rice for brown.

You want your diet to reflect roughly 50% protein, 30% good carbs and 20% good fats.

The good carbs are fibrous veggies. Bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, lettuce, cabbage and so on. Basic rule of thumb is it grows above ground, can eat it. If it has to be dug up don't eat it. The exception to this is corn. Corn is very starchy and should be avoided for a while.

Your fats should be from the meats, olive, flax and fish oil. Look around this web site search for "eating clean" advise.

Contrary to what many will say, you need to be careful not to over do it with fruit. They contain lots of sugar.

Keep talking to us on this for guidance, eat clean, keep up with the cardio, toss in a little weight training and you will be on the path of Ab righteousness.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
I just remembered something. One of the ladies at work had a pretty good sized belly after giving birth. She took up belly dancing and got her baby paunch off in about three or four months.

Just a thought for an alternative exercise.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Lower your carb intake and start on an omega 3 supplement: Fish oil, cod liver oil, or flax. Barleans is a good brand for this.

Save other supplements for later.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
With all due respect-

bullsmit.

Respect returned. But I still don't buy it. You eat clean the fat loss will be pretty much over all. Working the abs will tighten stuff up, and give size reduction. But the fat mass must be burned off with diet and exercise.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's actually not my opinion. It's the finding of scientific research.

1: Steroids. 2005 Jul;70(8):538-42. Epub 2005 Apr 12. Links
Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application.Armanini D, Nacamulli D, Francini-Pesenti F, Battagin G, Ragazzi E, Fiore C.
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences-Endocrinology, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35100 Padua, Italy. [email protected]

Cortisol is involved in the distribution and deposition of fat, and its action is regulated by the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice root, blocks 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus reducing the availability of cortisol at the level of adipocytes. We evaluated the effect of topical application of a cream containing glycyrrhetinic acid in the thickness of fat at the level of the thigh. Eighteen healthy women (age range 20-33 years) with normal BMI were randomly allocated to treatment, at the level of the dominant thigh, with a cream containing 2.5% glycyrrhetinic acid (n=9) or with a placebo cream containing the excipients alone (n=9). Before and after 1 month of treatment both the circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer of the thighs (by ultrasound analysis) were measured. The circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer were significantly reduced in comparison to the controlateral untreated thigh and to control subjects treated with the placebo cream. No changes were observed in blood pressure, plasma renin activity, plasma aldosterone or cortisol. The effect of glycyrrhetinic acid on the thickness of subcutaneous fat was likely related to a block of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 at the level of fat cells; therefore, glycyrrhetinic acid could be effectively used in the reduction of unwanted local fat accumulation.

PMID: 15894038 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yep, it's great stuff. It's what we built Napalm around.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Try limiting carbohydates to morning, pre-workout/cardio and post workout cardio.

Increase intake on HEALTHY fats. Green tea extract,sesamin oil,flax seed, after just adding some of that stuff into my supplement regemin helps a lot!

Cadio in the morning when glycogen levels is a nice way to take advantage of fat loss. Do some moderate to semi moderate cardio in the morning before eatting. After cardio dont eat ham and cheese, substitute that in for whey protein,oats.

I know you might not like the taste but if you stick to an overall healthy lifestyle/diet the fat loss will be much more significant than with supps. Even the strongest of supps may help spot reduction but without adjusting the diet, the fat gains will come back.

This is my meal for the morning, dont know how others do it however but Ill just give an example.

I try to do protein+ carbs or protein and fats. I try to avoid high amounts of fat+carb intake at once.

So in the morning I do 2 scoops of whey from ATW (chocolate mint) with 1/2 -3/4th cup of oats.

Measure the portions help to aid in fat loss, guessing how many calories usually doesnt work for people when they dont make things themselves. (people usually gestimate X but the actual content is X+400. Cal add up easy with some added olive oil or such for flavoring when eatting out)

I havent done much cardio in my diet, but it seems that I have been losing bodyfat and retaining muscle while on my cut. If you want that nice toned look girls so to speak of, up the protein intake. Bring in healthy fats and complex carbs are to be taken morning or pre-workout/post workout.

Avoid carbs after a certian time at night lets say after 6PM. Doesnt mean you cant eat after 6, just try not to eat carbs with the meals after that time.

Also just give it some time, as fat loss continues, your body struggles to keep it. Keep that in mind.

Im not so sure if my diets perfect or what not but ill post up a sample of my cut diet for you to observe, heck maybe ill learn something that ive been doing wrong for these past few weeks!

meal 1: 8:30am- 3/4th cup of oats cooked in water (microwaved), 2 scoops of whey

meal 2: 2 bags of almonds (100cal each bag) 3 scoops of xtend, 1 scoop of syntrax 100% whey isolate

meal 3(snack really): 1 1/2 cup veggies,(brocolli usually) with 2 slices of grilled chicken (approximately 12-14 ounces) Not too sure, maybe ill take a picture. :p 1/2th cup of brown rice.

meal 4: same as above usually, more or less of the brown rice, (depends on workout day. Weakness day for me which is shoulders,traps = more carbs while normal days = less)

meal 5(preworkout meal taken with neovar 2.0): 1 scoop protein, with banana and a slice or two of whole wheat bread.

meal 6(post workout meal): 2 sccopps whey approximately 10 teaspoons of dextrose ( 40g of dextrose)

meal7: 2 scoops of caesin protein

Although it sounds like I eat a lot most of it is just protein shakes. I take my sesamin oil usually post workout, morning, and night time. Green tea dosed with sesamin oil as well which is added along a meal.

Hope that helps! If your confused about anything let me know.