tendon supplements

taylor810

Awards
Qustion,
Real brief, I'm 42 and been working out for 20 years. This is the first forum I joined, so I don't know all the lingo, abbreviations and terminology. In the past 2 years I've had distal bicep surgery on each arm. Just got an ultra sound back and they found tendon damage to my Achilles tendon last week. I'm looking for something that helps with tendon damage. The surgeons told me my tendons are degenerating and didn't know why.

Warning:
I've always been prone to severe sinus and bronchial infections. The doctors prescribed low doses of Levaquin for infections but the ruptures never happened till months after I stopped the meds. This time they put me on Leva-Pak 750mg of Levaquin. The 9th day I stopped because of joint and tendon pain. That was two months ago. Now the doctors are telling me it's a side effect of Levaquin. Stay away if possible from this drug. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Please don't rip on me for not knowing the side effects. I'm already paying the price.

Just please give me information on what to take or any links to products would be appreciated.

taylor810

Awards
thanks for the quick replies. Besides the Supersissus RX which I'll grab tomorrow anything else? HGH possibly?

goaussiego

goaussiego

Awards
try the super cissus for now mate, its pretty effective for most people and see how it goes. real hgh i believe is illegal and super expensive and hgh supps wont do anything for your joints either

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Qustion,
Real brief, I'm 42 and been working out for 20 years. This is the first forum I joined, so I don't know all the lingo, abbreviations and terminology. In the past 2 years I've had distal bicep surgery on each arm. Just got an ultra sound back and they found tendon damage to my Achilles tendon last week. I'm looking for something that helps with tendon damage. The surgeons told me my tendons are degenerating and didn't know why.

Warning:
I've always been prone to severe sinus and bronchial infections. The doctors prescribed low doses of Levaquin for infections but the ruptures never happened till months after I stopped the meds. This time they put me on Leva-Pak 750mg of Levaquin. The 9th day I stopped because of joint and tendon pain. That was two months ago. Now the doctors are telling me it's a side effect of Levaquin. Stay away if possible from this drug. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Please don't rip on me for not knowing the side effects. I'm already paying the price.

Just please give me information on what to take or any links to products would be appreciated.

I hear you man. i take levaquin about 3 times a year dor the same things as you. Just finished my last dose (1 week ago) and yet again have tendon pain (forearm,bicep, right shoulder).

I NEVER actually put the 2 together. I always get tendon problems for a month after i take levaquin...damnit.

Anyway bro, as mentioned above Im using :

Super Cissus from USP labs - doesnt work immediately but usually after 1.5-2 weeks it kicks in great.

and

Glucosamine & Chondroitin Plus MSM

I try to stay away from any NSAIDs as i like to be able to feel the pain (to know what I can and cannot be doing), if that makes any sense.

anyway man I feel your pain (litterally lol)

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
cissus ftw

osteobolin-c has been great for my knees

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Glucosamine & Chondroitin Plus MSM...
I like to add MSM to my Cissus. The sulfur in it makes a great addition. Glucosamine and chrondroitin, although I do not use them, are better in their sulfate forms.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I find cissus to be great for easing the pain in my joints and whatnot, but whenever I stop taking it or reduce the dose, the same crap pops up. Not sure what to think anymore about it's long term effectiveness, but I do feel better on it.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I ran nutraplanets 50% extract cissus, was a bit better than the USPlabs verion (for me specifically). Can not say how it would be for you...

taylor810

Awards
Thanks again for the information. Is the IGF-1 LR3 by prescription. My doctor actually prescribes test for me because I have a pituitary adenoma and my free and total levels are always super low. My HGH is actually borderline low and he has said he could write me a scrip for that but I would have to pay for that out of my own pocket because insurance won't pay if I just borderline.

To mashed potatoes, stay away from levaquin and cipro. Both now have warnings that come with them that state they can cause tendentious, and or permanent tendon damage. I don't want to sound like chicken little but if you know anyone that is going to go on one of these drugs have then look at http://www.fqresearch.org/ first. The FDA needs to stop trying to regulate supplements and deal with real fuc*ing issues.