Proteins Types and When.

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
Is Ion Exchange best to go with? I don't really have an understanding of types of proteins pre/post/evening/morning???

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Ion exchange as in Whey?

It won't matter IMHO...

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pre/post, I like whey (any). Before bed or if you have to take a shake cause your going to miss a meal, casein.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only thing I use at certain times is casein at night. BCAAs get the protein synthesis started from my pre/peri WO drink, so I just eat a meal.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sometimes take a casein shake before bed, although an omelette 90mins pre-bed is another favourite of mine.

I used to take whey pre and post-WO, but now I just do a solid meal, and I only do a shake PWO if I don't have time to eat right away, or if I want to do a bit of cardio PWO. Isolate is purer, but also pricier and I only recommend it if you can't tolerate whey concentrate. That being said some people are concerned about super-fast absorption, and for that I'd recommend EAA's/BCAA's sipped during your workout if you're really concerned about that.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It really is the combo and has to been proven for it to be effective. Like isopure has no carbs yet carbs are great as a source of energy.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the shake I have because it has a ratio of carbs and protein that make it the best out of a shake.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is Ion Exchange best to go with? I don't really have an understanding of types of proteins pre/post/evening/morning???

Chicken Breasts
Steak
Lamb
Turkey
Pork

Chicken Boobies are good because they are the most protein dense. Steaks are good because you have to have some red meat. Lamb, pork and turkey for variety.