Proteins Types and When.
- 05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
- 05-03-2008, 01:59 AM
05-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Pre/post, I like whey (any). Before bed or if you have to take a shake cause your going to miss a meal, casein.
05-03-2008, 03:25 AM
The only thing I use at certain times is casein at night. BCAAs get the protein synthesis started from my pre/peri WO drink, so I just eat a meal.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I sometimes take a casein shake before bed, although an omelette 90mins pre-bed is another favourite of mine.
I used to take whey pre and post-WO, but now I just do a solid meal, and I only do a shake PWO if I don't have time to eat right away, or if I want to do a bit of cardio PWO. Isolate is purer, but also pricier and I only recommend it if you can't tolerate whey concentrate. That being said some people are concerned about super-fast absorption, and for that I'd recommend EAA's/BCAA's sipped during your workout if you're really concerned about that.
05-03-2008, 05:52 PM
It really is the combo and has to been proven for it to be effective. Like isopure has no carbs yet carbs are great as a source of energy.
05-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I like the shake I have because it has a ratio of carbs and protein that make it the best out of a shake.
05-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By anab0lix in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 03-03-2016, 10:54 PM
- By Dwight Schrute in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 08-14-2004, 03:00 PM
- By thegameoflife in forum SupplementsReplies: 20Last Post: 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM
- By 9volt in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-30-2003, 08:13 AM
- By bigpump in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 04-12-2003, 03:28 AM