Supplement question, new to forums

climbermac

Awards
Hi everyone, I have read alot of your forums and decided to join and try a post!

This past few months I have been using a combination of a fairly clean diet (lean meats brown rice veggies etc...), Anabolic Halo, nano Vapor and a protein supplement that I bought from GNC (Dont judge me yet) While I made some good gains, Im 26 6'4, 198 lbs up from about 185, 13-14% bodyfat with a 29 inch waist, I found this forum trying to find information about maximizing my gains.

My goals are to get to 220 lbs and drop to at least 7% bodyfat. It's much more important to me to get to 220 lbs than the 7% bodyfat part. So far after reading the forums I have decided to finish up what little I have left of the GNC stuff and then try a combination of Xtend, Micronized Creatine Monohydrate, Recreate, and a protein supplement. (help here please!) I do 3 total bodyworkouts a week and want to add in cardio if that wont hurt my muscle gains.

Any advice or questions are very welcome. One last concern of mine is that I recently had blood work done and my creatinine level was slightly high, just barely out of the normal range, (which signifies that my kidneys may be overloaded or not working properly) so I may be overloading them with supplements or protein? Thanks in advance guys.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of info on this site for you to research and digest.
first off you are doing good by keeping it simple when you start out . too many people want to load up on supplements and then they can't figure out which ones are working for them.
The only suggestions I have are.
1) Stay out of GNC.
2) Drink at least a gallon of water a day, or more.
3) stay simple.
Keep working out and modify what you do as you see your progress. At least you realize it takes time to evaluate how things work. Good Luck.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How often do you change your training routines. I would advize that you split you body up into 3 days and only do a body part once a week but really pound on it. Sorry if I got the wrong impression but I get the idea you don't change your routines often and you do each body part 3 times a week.

Supplementation wise I think you have a pretty level head in avoiding the harsher stuff. I wouldn't look to supps too much untill you fix your training a bit. This is a work in progress takes years to learn all about this aspect of training, so you know what your body responds to cuz you never really stop learning or at least you shouldn't.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM ... you'll learn alot if you read here!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you're trying to gain then I don't understand why you have recreate in there...

remember training, sleeping, and eating is nearly 100% of it...don't worry too much about the supplements yet. keep your protien intake high and I would also get the bulk creatine mono from nutraplanet (cheap and effective). you might also look into either dextrose or kwick carb to add to your post workout drink.

my post workout drink is:
2 scoups xtend
5g creatine mono
kwick carb (I've been playing with the amount on this one)

then I have some whey protein about 30 minutes later.

climbermac

Awards
Big BAMA: Thanks, Im sure I need to be more consistent in drinking 1gal of water a day.

DreamWeaver: Yea I change my workout every 4 weeks. I have this great workout plan that covers 24 weeks from the TNT diet book (I dont use the diet anymore but the workouts are sweet) so my body really has no time to adjust to it. The workout plan schedules me in a way that I only train a bodypart every 5 or 6 days

Delsolrob: The only reason I thought of recreate was to reach the dual goal of lower bodyfat along with adding lean muscle, but I would definitely leave that out if it kept me from maximum muscle gains.

Thanks for the replies, the only thing I didnt see was a suggestion for a protein supplement. Thanks alot!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
any whey protein post workout is good...I like allthewhey and isopure.

try to get as much protein from actual food as possible.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
any whey protein post workout is good...I like allthewhey and isopure.

try to get as much protein from actual food as possible.
Im with you man!! ATW Cinnamon Bun mixed with ice cold skim milk..rocks! Isopure RTDs OMFG..gotta love em!