what is the Best Antioxidant ???

1. Registered User
    Answers

what is the Best Antioxidant ???

what do u guys think??

It can be a product, or an ingredient.

Currently I'm using Super Antioxidants by NOW at 4-6 caps a day.

Just wanto know what is the Best out there???

Cheers!

2. Registered User
    Answers

I'm a big fan of r-ala.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Answers

i like to take NP's bulk green tea solo right now but a potent stack would be life support + green tea. NOW's anti-oxidant formula is not a bad one, def. at the top of many peoples list. im interested in stacking the above with noxidant
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Best, as in every case is very subjective.
    I personally like Green Tea Extract, and Grape Seed Extract. RPN just released http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...-capsules.html that is a very good looking formulation. Greens+ and Reds+ are also quite popular.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

I use crotoflavo max with a orac of over 5500. I love it. The highest orac value for your dollar.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I use crotoflavo max with a orac of over 5500. I love it. The highest orac value for your dollar.
    hi could you elaborate on this orac value?? thanks.

Is grape seed extract the most potent antiox?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

ORAC is an acronym that stands for 'oxygen radical absorbance capacity.'
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I do a daily double stack for antioxidents as I take 4 caps of NP's bulk Green Tea, ALCAR plus two ALAs and then I drink my 8 oz of 100% pure Pomegranite Juice along with 3 oz each of ACAI and GOJI juice. The ACAI has an ORAC of 18,500 and the GOJI has 25,300.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

What ever happened to astaxanthine? Wasn't that supposed to be the king of all antioxidants?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Green Tea Extract, Sesamin, Trans-resveratrol
    Freedom means nothing here.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  148 lbs.
    Answers

you cant go wrong with GREEN TEA EXTRACT.....
  12. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I drink green tea, drink pomegranate juice with added goji, and eat just about every different kind of fruit ever. This is where the power of antioxidants is!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    I drink green tea, drink pomegranate juice with added goji, and eat just about every different kind of fruit ever. This is where the power of antioxidants is!
    The power is inside of a pill. You know this.
  14. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    The power is inside of a pill. You know this.
    You sir...sound like Morpheus.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  15. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I formulated NOxidant to contain the most effective antioxidants effective at dealing with nitrogenous free radicals.

Green Tea extract, Grape Seed extract, Natural (gamma-tocopherol) vitamin e, ALA, quercetin, SOD precursors, vitamin c, etc not to mention 80% Apple Polyphenols, which are extremely potent.

For the price, I guarantee you will not be able to beat it.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Answers

blue berrys, throw them in ur shakes if u blend em
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I formulated NOxidant to contain the most effective antioxidants effective at dealing with nitrogenous free radicals.

Green Tea extract, Grape Seed extract, Natural (gamma-tocopherol) vitamin e, ALA, quercetin, SOD precursors, vitamin c, etc not to mention 80% Apple Polyphenols, which are extremely potent.

For the price, I guarantee you will not be able to beat it.
    looking good in the avatar dsade but i have a question. after reading the short write-up on noxidant it makes me feel that i should stack noxidant with some kind of no2 product. i know it can help solo but others may not get that impression. i use TEKNO3 so i can do that stack, but others may not have the current resources or cash to pay for a stack so i ask - have you tried the product solo, any normal benefits from it. how well do you think it would play up to a product like NOW's anti-oxidant product or should you typically stick to using it with a no2 product?
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

NO is produced/released during workouts ANYWAY...just that NO products will cause an even greater synthesis.

Either way, the effects after workouts is the same regarding free radicals.
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by freakabe View Post
    hi could you elaborate on this orac value?? thanks.

Is grape seed extract the most potent antiox?

The higher the ORAC value the better the antioxidant it is. That is how they measure fruits. The min one should have in a day is at least 5000 ORAC any thing higher is of course better. Grape seed is not the highest. It is a great antioxidant but its the total again total orac value you need from what ever the source may be weather its NAC or grape seed or green tea etc. Usually when consuming fruits its the combo we need to look at.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=JfLzog-Ug7o"]YouTube - Measuring Anti-Oxidant Power[/ame]
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

The higher the ORAC value the better the antioxidant it is. That is how they measure fruits. The min one should have in a day is at least 5000 ORAC any thing higher is of course better. Grape seed is not the highest. It is a great antioxidant but its the total again total orac value you need from what ever the source may be weather its NAC or grape seed or green tea etc. Usually when consuming fruits its the combo we need to look at.

YouTube - Measuring Anti-Oxidant Power
    Do you buy into that test tube ORAC stuff? I think it's useful to a point.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Can't hurt. Its a antioxidant. WE oxidize faster than we can make enough antioxidants so the higher ORAC of course the better. If we were in a perfect world where we never oxidized wed be living for ever and ever.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

I think Ralph is trying to say: the write-up for NOxidant gives the impression it only helps if you are using NO products.

I had that impression too. I even thought that Noxidant was a NO product+antioxidants.

Perhaps you can emphasize in your write-up/marketing that NOxidant is a potent anti-oxidant, and need not be paired with a NO product. I also feel that NO-type products are losing 'popularity' now, so there isn't rally a need to capitalize on the name 'NO'. Also, I get the feeling that only noobs go for pure NO products. Such noobs are unlikely to care, or even know about the oxidizing effects of NO. Associating your product with NO could actually lower the "respect" some people might have for your product.

I am not trying to start a flame war, just trying to help.

BTW way, I just bought a bottle of Noxidant.

And I have bought NO products before.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    NO is produced/released during workouts ANYWAY...just that NO products will cause an even greater synthesis.

Either way, the effects after workouts is the same regarding free radicals.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wontdie View Post
    I think Ralph is trying to say: the write-up for NOxidant gives the impression it only helps if you are using NO products.

I had that impression too. I even thought that Noxidant was a NO product+antioxidants.

Perhaps you can emphasize in your write-up/marketing that NOxidant is a potent anti-oxidant, and need not be paired with a NO product. I also feel that NO-type products are losing 'popularity' now, so there isn't rally a need to capitalize on the name 'NO'. Also, I get the feeling that only noobs go for pure NO products. Such noobs are unlikely to care, or even know about the oxidizing effects of NO. Associating your product with NO could actually lower the "respect" some people might have for your product.

LOL! You don't respect his product because it's associated with nitric oxide? What kinda sick game are you playing? Oh it's on.
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I have seen most studies show that straight up antioxidants in pill form alone don't have many benefits. Also interesting that taking a wide variety in lower amounts showed better effects than a few on higher. That was just one study but interesting. I think greens products, green tea and actually fruit are the best.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

YouTube - Measuring Anti-Oxidant Power
    You couldn't be more wrong. Obviously your knowledge of the subject matter is limited to the ad-copy which you have read and taken as the truth. A simple investigation into the ORAC preocess would readily expose its glaring faults. As FoG stated it is conducted in vitro an the inherent problems should be quite evident. For those who need further eludication I will provide one example. There is no regard for oral bioavailability whatsoever. So even if it had an ORAC score of 10,000,000 it wouldn't matter if it was entirely conjugated before it reached the bloodtream. This alone makes ORAC scores near worthless.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. Obviously your knowledge of the subject matter is limited to the ad-copy which you have read and taken as the truth. A simple investigation into the ORAC preocess would readily expose its glaring faults. As FoG stated it is conducted in vitro an the inherent problems should be quite evident. For those who need further eludication I will provide one example. There is no regard for oral bioavailability whatsoever. So even if it had an ORAC score of 10,000,000 it wouldn't matter if it was entirely conjugated before it reached the bloodtream. This alone makes ORAC scores near worthless.
    Hahaha. I was planning on seeing what he had to say before you went ahead and explained it! Good post though.

The healthiest my skin has ever been was when I was getting berries on sale for a few months. I had binge-eating sprees with strawberries and blueberries... not sure if any of yall remember, but I posted about it a while back.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

coffee
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by freakabe View Post
    what do u guys think??

It can be a product, or an ingredient.

Currently I'm using Super Antioxidants by NOW at 4-6 caps a day.

Just wanto know what is the Best out there???

Cheers!
    I would definitely go with Green Tea Extract, and try drinking a ton of water (gallon or more daily). The water will help to flush out the toxins from your body.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NYCmuscle View Post
    I would definitely go with Green Tea Extract, and try drinking a ton of water (gallon or more daily). The water will help to flush out the toxins from your body.
    Hell yes! Lots of water and green tea caps! Sesamin is also a good anti-oxidant.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wontdie View Post

Lower the respect? I for one don't think that NO products are losing their popularity that much. They have there place and definitely serve a purpose if used correctly imo.

Increasing overall bloodflow to muscle tissue will offer up the opportunity for enhanced nutrient uptake leading to added potential for muscle growth. Now granted this potential largely depends on the individual and their training, diet, and supplementation regime.

I can understand your point though that the write up may be a bit confusing to some. The anti-oxidants contained in NOxidant not only help prevent potential free radical damage resulting from the reactive nitrogen species, but also many different potential free radical threats that may exist within the body. Hey if some rogue free radical comes along, the specific antioxidant present is glad to lend an electron to neutrilize it.

NOxidant is designed more specifically for bodybuilders to address the potential threats of NO induced free radical damage that results from weight training in general. As Dsade has already stated, you produce plenty of NO through basic weight training without any additional supplementation. The potential for more significant free radical development/damage can often then result. This product is designed to address and treat this issue. In the end you have a healthier, less war torn anabolic machine.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 04-30-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Legendary

31. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

nar-ala, coQ-10
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Antioxidant
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
  2. Antioxidant Water
    By bha66 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 10:50 AM
  3. Antioxidant supps
    By briancogs888 in forum Supplements