Supplement to help run - AnabolicMinds.com

Supplement to help run

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.

Supplement to help run

Hey any one know a good supplement to help run? I was gonna do a 6 mile marathon/fundraiser but I havnt rain over 3 miles at one time was wondering if you guys had any good supplements, thx.

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

MAN-body octane.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you can do 3 you can do 6.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    If you can do 3 you can do 6.
    my thoughts exactly
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    MAN-body octane.
    x2

Perhaps some MST products as well.
  6. Banned

Supplements are needed for those who can't motivate themselves to make it through the wall. That being said, If you tell yourself you can... You can.

One supplement that will help with the hydration issue aspect of running is Poseidon. And trust me when I say this, what you put in your body 12-24 hours before an extended run will make or break you. Be smart, eat right and take in fluid.
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Supplements are needed for those who can't motivate themselves to make it through the wall. That being said, If you tell yourself you can... You can.

One supplement that will help with the hydration issue aspect of running is Poseidon. And trust me when I say this, what you put in your body 12-24 hours before an extended run will make or break you. Be smart, eat right and take in fluid.
    i amend my original post-body octane/poseidon, dont know how i could have forgot the poseidon.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

6 miles is relatively short for cordygen5...maybe the new cordygen-VO2 from MST?

Another vote for poseidon
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. New Member

i would say..

run more !

heh

-playr101
  10. Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder

Poseidon will definetly help you stay hydrated and keep the Potassium and Magnesium in your muscles.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by theBIGcactus View Post
    Hey any one know a good supplement to help run? I was gonna do a 6 mile marathon/fundraiser but I havnt rain over 3 miles at one time was wondering if you guys had any good supplements, thx.

Seriously I would go with a Beta Alanine supplement. Our HyperTrop-X has it as the main ingredient. Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate will give you a lot of endurance. I would start the BA at least two weeks out before the run.

HECK....If you decide that is the way you want to go and don't mind doing a log I'll give you one or two bottles of HyperTrop-X for the cause. Check my sig for details.

Honestly not trying to pump my own products but that is what I would recommend to my clients in this situation. You can buy both in bulk fairly inexpensively. HyerTrop-X only have BA in it however CM you can find on the store here (in bulk)

CM works immediately BTW.

PM me if interested or anyone reading this that might benefit from and endurance supplement.

LD
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LazeDragon View Post
    Seriously I would go with a Beta Alanine supplement. Our HyperTrop-X has it as the main ingredient. Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate will give you a lot of endurance. I would start the BA at least two weeks out before the run.

HECK....If you decide that is the way you want to go and don't mind doing a log I'll give you one or two bottles of HyperTrop-X for the cause. Check my sig for details.

Honestly not trying to pump my own products but that is what I would recommend to my clients in this situation. You can buy both in bulk fairly inexpensively. HyerTrop-X only have BA in it however CM you can find on the store here (in bulk)

CM works immediately BTW.

PM me if interested or anyone reading this that might benefit from and endurance supplement.

LD
    Interesting looking product, looks good. I wouldn't mind trying it if all I was doing was lifting going light on the cardio, but in general I try to stay away from stims particularly before my cardio and other work outs. I train too long and too hard that they even become counter productive too ofton. I realize Yohimbine isn't exactly a real stim, but it can cause rapid heart rates and I don't need my heart to be beating any faster than it does when I am on 1200 m of swim and a run still to go, but my cardio is usually above the average person on AM I think. It's the job, plus I have PTSD so I have been recomemnded not to take Yohimbine.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.

I find Citrulline Malate helps me out.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.

nice, ill get some look em up thanks
  15. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by LazeDragon View Post

LD
    I'd be a little more careful with your wording. BA and I believe CM too may help reduce the "lactic acid burn" but it won't necessarily improve endurance. It certainly won't hurt it though. Endurance is affected by a number of factors and of course lactic acid/h+ ion buffering is nut only one component. It may not be the limiting factor of a person's endurance and thus if they supplement with it they may not notice much improvement.

It thus becomes important to identify which factors are limiting your endurance though it's likely a combination of several. Thus it's often best to address several aspects and chances are you will notice improvement. Although I may be biased I believe electrolytes and proper hydration should not be overlooked and are probably the first things to address. Beta-alanine is a relatively cheap and IME an effective buffer also meriting usage. Also look at one of MST's Cordygen products to improve oxygen carrying/utilization. I think with Poseidon BA and Cordygen5 one would probably see a noticeable increase in endurance.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

I used to run marathons. If you can do three, you can do six. After a longer run for you you should be able to do a few more miles the next time you try for a longer run. Here's what you do. Drink water, eat pancakes that morning. Carb up a bit is all. And the above post that said run more....spot on.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

If you can run 3 miles then you can run 6 miles, ahh logic like that just can't be beat. So I suppose if you can run 10 miles then you certainly can run 20 or even 100 as well. People must assume that if you double the distance you are merely double the load and demand on the system. This is patently false and easily verifiable by the difference it would take to run 3 miles as opposed to two.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    If you can run 3 miles then you can run 6 miles, ahh logic like that just can't be beat. So I suppose if you can run 10 miles then you certainly can run 20 or even 100 as well. People must assume that if you double the distance you are merely double the load and demand on the system. This is patently false and easily verifiable by the difference it would take to run 3 miles as opposed to two.
    lol
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

So you speak from knowledge and experience? Who said anything about 10 or 20? We're talking 6 miles, not 20. And yes, if you can run 3 you can run 6. After you work to 6, you can go to 8, etc. Not doubling each time, staggering. When I say long run, that would typically be once a week, then you move down. So 6, 8, 6, 10, 8, 12, 10, 14, etc. In between you are funning shorter runs throughout the week. But again, if the race is 6 miles and you can run 3, you will be fine getting to 6. I still say suppliments aren't necessary, carbs and water. A lot of running is mental will.
  20. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    So you speak from knowledge and experience? Who said anything about 10 or 20? We're talking 6 miles, not 20. And yes, if you can run 3 you can run 6. After you work to 6, you can go to 8, etc. Not doubling each time, staggering. When I say long run, that would typically be once a week, then you move down. So 6, 8, 6, 10, 8, 12, 10, 14, etc. In between you are funning shorter runs throughout the week. But again, if the race is 6 miles and you can run 3, you will be fine getting to 6. I still say suppliments aren't necessary, carbs and water. A lot of running is mental will.
    I think he's done some half-ironman competitions or some similar triathlon events. I also don't quite buy the if you can do three you can do six. The guy might be on his last legs by the third mile so there's no indication he could easily do six if he were to try it one day. Incrementally increasing the distance till you reach 6 or whatever your desired goal is a good protocol though. Supps may not be necessary but they certainly help. It really depends on how much muscle mass you carry around and how much you are willing to sacrifice. Sure carbs and water might suffice but do you want to look like twig?
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

I guess I'd say were only talking six miles, even with training, you won't look like a twig. I'm just talking about my experiences, and for me this definitely was so from my first run on, besides, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Feel free to take my advice or not. Didn't mean to start an argument, hope I didn't come off that way.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Cordygen VO2 and lots of Gatorade. VO2 is amazing stuff, better than Cordygen5, and that's saying a lot.
  23. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Post Cycle Support or Stoked. I get tons of endurance at 8 caps a day. Its amazing for cardio.
  24. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Post Cycle Support or Stoked. I get tons of endurance at 8 caps a day. Its amazing for cardio.

How does it increase your endurance?
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlei View Post
    I don't understand you question. Do you mean by what parameters is he gauging this improved endurance? Or are you looking for specific pathways?
  26. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't understand what you are asking. What do you mean by "How".
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

The guy is running 6 miles for a charity event. He's not trying for a PR or to make time for the Boston marathon. His finish time might not be the best in the world, but yes if he can do 3 he can do 6 and no it's not the same as 10 or 20 miles. Besides if going from 3 to 6 miles is an impossibility for him than no supplements are going to help either.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  28. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't understand what you are asking. What do you mean by "How".
    Like ersatz stated, by what parameters are you gauging this improved endurance? For instance, less muscle burn, greater ariflow, better blood lfow, etc? I've noticed a slight increase in endurance but it seems to be due to the anti-inflammatory effect moreso than anything else.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Gatorade is crap. If you must use a drink besides water to replenish electrolytes try Accelerade or something. Gatorade is all water and sugar. There isn't enough sodium or potassium to do ****.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  30. Diamond Member

Like ersatz stated, by what parameters are you gauging this improved endurance? For instance, less muscle burn, greater ariflow, better blood lfow, etc? I've noticed a slight increase in endurance but it seems to be due to the anti-inflammatory effect moreso than anything else.

Well I have been walking to the gym about 5 miles, then going on the eliptical machines for 1 hour. Then walking 5 miles back to my apartment. I tried it with the Post Cycle Support and no problem, I felt like I could keep going forever. I never "ran out of gas". It was also easier to breathe. Tried it another day without any Post Cycle support and I tired much easier and had to really push myself to keep going. It was like night and day. This was at 8 caps a day. Four caps with some protein and waxy maize before the start of my walk to the gym. Four caps later in the afternoon.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats Your Favorite Supplement/Supplement Stack?
    By R1balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
  2. Whats Your Favorite Supplement/Supplement Stack?
    By R1balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 09:51 AM
  3. next supplement i need
    By xjmj15x in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
  4. Supplement to use
    By nd22121 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:24 PM