do take creatine mono on off days????

tryingharder

Awards
ive just swapped to creatine mono from ethel ester. the instructions say to take one scoop before and after training, do i still use it on my rest days.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive just swapped to creatine mono from ethel ester. the instructions say to take one scoop before and after training, do i still use it on my rest days.
Usually, you should dose creatine on both workout and rest days.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Yes -- I would do an morning and night dose..

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Just curious what everyone doses? I've been taking 5g daily.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I usually take 5g sometime before my workout and 5g afterwards.. and then morning/night doses of 5g on off-days.. so yeah, 10g a day!

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
10g seems like a lot maybe I'm just slacking on the mono.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
haha who knows, it works for me.. if i'm a few grams over then oh well -- bulk creatine is so cheap these days that even I can afford to go over :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
10g seems like a lot maybe I'm just slacking on the mono.
You are not slacking. If you take 10gr daily, you compress the usual benefits on creatine into a shorter period of time. This means you must cycle it, as the gains would taper-off over time. Furthermore cycling would ensure avoidance of unnecessary pressure on the kidney and liver. Besides, depending on body weight and metabolism, the body will eliminate excess supplemented creatine, so taking a huge daily serving of creatine can also be wasteful.
The corollary of this is that if you take about 3gr of creatine daily, and if this is combined with effective creatine-cofactors/phosphocreatine and ATP-precursors, you would see gradual-but-continual gains over time, avoid excess pressure on your kidneys and liver, and cycling would be optional (and not a must).

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are not slacking. If you take 10gr daily, you compress the usual benefits on creatine into a shorter period of time. This means you must cycle it, as the gains would taper-off over time. Furthermore cycling would ensure avoidance of unnecessary pressure on the kidney and liver. Besides, depending on body weight and metabolism, the body will eliminate excess supplemented creatine, so taking a huge daily serving of creatine can also be wasteful.
The corollary of this is that if you take about 3gr of creatine daily, and if this is combined with effective creatine-cofactors/phosphocreatine and ATP-precursors, you would see gradual-but-continual gains over time, avoid excess pressure on your kidneys and liver, and cycling would be optional (and not a must).
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strategicmove again.