Now bone strenght, safe?

Flay

Awards
This calcium supp comes from bovine bone marrow so I'm wondering if it's safe. I'm kinda worried because of the mad cow disease in bovines. Some bovines still have it and the outcome of a disease like that isn't pretty.. what do you think?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure of the method they use to purify the materials, but I would imagine if you feel safe eating beef or even milk, then you would really be fine with this..

NOW is a reputable company and if anything like the agent causing Mad Cow Disease may be present in their products I believe that 1) our community would have experienced the ill effects, and 2) they would immediately pull all of that inventory off the shelves and issue a warning.

So I would say you're 99% safe! But then again, what the hell is 100% safe today anyways?

My opinion -- If I had the money or needed a Bone supp, I would have no problem using it! Good luck either way man..

Flay

Awards
Yea I guess you're right, they're a good brand and their products are trustworthy. Gonna order that plus some whey probably monday. Thx for your opinion.