recreate/dcp/ap stack questions

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok now the directions say to take these a half hour before food. i usually take the ap about 45 min before food. is this a good thing to do in the morning going 45 min without eating after waking up? and for post workout when i get home i have a scoop of optimum whey and a scoop of waxy maize, should the ap be taken before taking this or wait until the meal i usually eat about any hour after?

whoareit

whoareit

Awards
It's fine to wait that long in the morning to eat. Are you trying to lose weight? You might as well use that time to your advantage. Wake up and take the RC and DCP and go for a light jog or ride a bike for 25 minutes. Have breakfast after. I don't believe you are supposed to take AP that long before food though. More like fifteen minutes before breakfast and make sure you get at least 30 grams carbs. As far as timing the AP around your workout I usually take it with my preworkout shake and then again with a meal later in the day. I don't see a problem taking it before your PWO shake though. Keep in mind that I'm not a rep and these are just my opinions.

Strategic...is there any other way to view the AP manual? (e-mail possibly) My computer is retarded.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Why are you waiting so long to take in the meal after dosing AP (are you very carb sensitive?)? I know the half-life of AP and its effects on insulin are noticeable for up to 4 hours after but I know I get ravenously hungry within 20 minuets. Also I like to get food into me asap in the morning after such a long fast.

Personally what I would do is take the ReCreate 30 minutes prior to the meal itself, and then 15 minutes prior pop an AP and then hit your pre workout meal.

As far as dosing after your workout, how long are your training sessions? IF you want to conserve your dosages to last longer you are probably still getting some benefits from your first dose (depending on how long your training) so you could nix the AP before your WMS meal, and then just dose AP the next meal.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think everyone on AP/P-Slin should take their time to go through the AP Manual. It is a well thought-through document that helps beginning users of those supplements to get the most out of them. This, in my opinion, is superior to random suggestions that are probably valid, either from individual experience, or for the average user.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I think everyone on AP/P-Slin should take their time to go through the AP Manual. It is a well thought-through document that helps beginning users of those supplements to get the most out of them. This, in my opinion, is superior to random suggestions that are probably valid, either from individual experience, or for the average user.
Great point SM. I love how the AP manual takes the time to break it up into the most over looked aspect of supplementing and nutrition: individuality.

whoareit

whoareit

Awards
Great point SM. I love how the AP manual takes the time to break it up into the most over looked aspect of supplementing and nutrition: individuality.
I'm unable to open the ap manual file. Is there any chance someone could e-mail the text to me?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
do you have adobe? I have a copy saved on my computer but would only be able to email a pdf to you (as it is read only I believe.)

You can download adobe for free and then open it if you would like.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can take AP and not eat for an hour and have no problem. And I've read the AP manual it just talks about dosing time before carbs and what type of carbs to eat depending on body type it doesn't answer my question

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
You answer was answered above to our best knowledge. What were your thoughts on it.

Also the AP manual does answer most of your questions, just indirectly.

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks for all the info guys. i'm still trying to figure out the ration of simple and complex carbs i need to make it work the best.

flu1d

flu1d

Awards
This is very good advice. I read the manual believing it to be just a load of standard 'recommended' instructions, but it actually breaks down the different kinds of carb sensitivity there are and how to determine which catergory you fall into. This information is valuable regardless of whether you're running AP or not.