deeper sleep??

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. let me know how it goes i need something to help me sleep better too.

2. I only got 5 hours of sleep (had to work early in the morning), but I have had ALL kinds of energy today. Typically I crash and burn for an hour after I get home from work, and/or take a quick nap at lunch. Today though, I've been going strong from 5:30am.

It's now 11:15pm and I'm just barely winding down. I think this warrants another try tonight.

3. So, how did that work out?

4. I'll be doing this from now on.

5. Originally posted by wojo

l-tryptophan works at 500mgs for every 50lbs
    only problem with this is l-trypto taken orally doesnt easily cross the blood-brain barrier.. which is why 5-htp is considered a much better alternative since its easily carried accross and releases l-trypto.. i havent personally tried 5-htp but probably will soon.. also wanna try theanine.. oh and ive tried alcar with orthine and it didnt help me out at all.. still was tired as hell after even 8 hours of sleep

6. if u really think 5-htp is better u dont know what ur missing.personally looking into a cheap theanine although taurine is working phenominal

7. bump on the ornithine! - I take it w/out alcar before bed (alcar will keep me up). I usually eat my last meal of cottage cheese or a casein shake, then about an hour later take the ornithine. It doesn't make me that sleepy - at least not like melatonin, but once I go to sleep it's much deeper, and if I'm awakened, I can easily doze back off. Ornithine and the anarchy stack have made a huge difference in my sleep patterns.

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Sleep Stack
    By dez/null in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 01:18 AM
  2. what is a good sleep-aid?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:33 PM
  3. Another Reason to Sleep...
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6