lets talk about AP, creatine, and WMS

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
now the point of using WMS is to create an insulin spike and let your muscles absorb all that creatine goodness, along with any other nutrients you eat or drink. my question, is if AP is supposed to do basically the same thing in elevating GLUT4 levels to let your muscles absorb all that goodness, would i need both? im thinking no, but then again everytime i come online to read some threads, i am educated more than i am at school sometimes.

simple questions: if i dose my AP pre w/o with good carbs/protein, and then drink 5g of creatine mono in like a little bit of apple juice, would that be solid?

or

should i make a WMS/xtend/creatine mono/beta alanine type drink about 15 mins before i lift, which would also be about 15-20 mins before my meal with AP?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I personally think that these 'massive insulinogenic' products tend to go a bit overboard with their claims for the 'need' of such a surge of insulin. I think WMS has it's place and so does dextrose/malto, but the whole 'spike' thing is not necessary.

P-Slin and AP are good products, but use them with quality, complex carbs.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
WMS is just a carbohydrate source that will eventually cause a natural insulin response as it hits the blood in the form of glucose (and then the body will naturally activate glut-4 receptors). AP/P-Slin will make your body uber efficent by increasing glut-4 activation on muscle cells (but it would be useless if you don't ingest any carbs with it.)

Both outlines are solid, just depends on what type of pre workout cocktail you want (although the second options has you taking AP after the cocktail and eating while you lift?)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally like the former approach, but the latter works as well. I would choose whichever method contains the carbohydrates you react the best to.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I personally like sticking with whole food carb sources and to be frank, I really like P-Slin. LG Science's Slin is also a nice product to take with post-workout carbs (or any high carb meal for that matter).

now the point of using WMS is to create an insulin spike and let your muscles absorb all that creatine goodness, along with any other nutrients you eat or drink. my question, is if AP is supposed to do basically the same thing in elevating GLUT4 levels to let your muscles absorb all that goodness, would i need both? im thinking no, but then again everytime i come online to read some threads, i am educated more than i am at school sometimes.

simple questions: if i dose my AP pre w/o with good carbs/protein, and then drink 5g of creatine mono in like a little bit of apple juice, would that be solid?

or

should i make a WMS/xtend/creatine mono/beta alanine type drink about 15 mins before i lift, which would also be about 15-20 mins before my meal with AP?
Apple jucie or any Fructose Juice or beverage is the worst choice..just stay away from Fructose.

With AP or P-SLIN, the pancrease will still release insulin but you will need much less insulin to do the job(this why AP/PSLIN increases insulin senstivity).

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
alright. heres what im going to try tmrw. dose my ap 15-20 minutes before my meal. will have some chicken and 2 packets of maple oats. then about 15 mins before i lift, im just gonna put my CM and BA in my extend.

now this is basically my first time using mono, or really using any creatine in a proper manner. do you guys usually load? or is that that really necessary? and if you do find it necessary, what is the best way to dose it? thanks for all the responses so far too.

alright. heres what im going to try tmrw. dose my ap 15-20 minutes before my meal. will have some chicken and 2 packets of maple oats. then about 15 mins before i lift, im just gonna put my CM and BA in my extend.

now this is basically my first time using mono, or really using any creatine in a proper manner. do you guys usually load? or is that that really necessary? and if you do find it necessary, what is the best way to dose it? thanks for all the responses so far too.
Take the CM with the P-SLIN it will shuttle it into the muscle cells and no need to load just use 5 grams.

you can also increase the solubiltiy of CM by heating water in the Microwave for 45 seconds and then mix the CM in the hot water.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

The science surrounding both loading, and monosaccharide use, (simple polymer sugars ala Gatorade) have been inconclusive. Separate studies have found that 'mega-loading' doses of up to thirty-grams of Creatine on one hand, and a lesser, consistent dose of only three to five on the other, produced the same level of phosphocreatine concentration levels - phosphocreatine synthesis is rate limiting.

Conventional wisdom also dictates that a combination dose with monosaccharides, inducing Insulin release, helps the lipid insoluble creatine permeate the cell wall; however, the study that this assumption is based on also found that exercise alone caused the participants to reach the same serum phosphocreatine levels.

I simply try to avoid ingesting caffeine within one-hour of my creatine intake (due to caffeine's diuretic and 'creatine-blunting' effects) as my only precaution. Other than that, I have not seen enough evidence as it pertains to a specific method of ingestion that would make me swing one way or the other.

With that being said, dosing Anabolic Pump fifty-minutes prior to creatine metabolism would create an environment similar to an immediate insulin effect via AP's induction of GLUT-4.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
Apple jucie or any Fructose Juice or beverage is the worst choice..just stay away from Fructose.

With AP or P-SLIN, the pancrease will still release insulin but you will need much less insulin to do the job(this why AP/PSLIN increases insulin senstivity).

good point about the apple juice and any other fructose juice. it is high glycemic low molecular weight (means it spikes insulin and slows down nutrient absorption) WMS is high glycemic high molecular weight wich means it goes strait through the stomach and strait into the blood stream carrying all your creatine with it. basically it would speed up your creatine/nutrient absorption witch it what you want before and after you work out.

i use WMS before and after work out. if i only use WMS pre work out by itself i get a great pump just off that.

my personal pre workout cocktail- 2 scoops pure vitargo(72g WMS) scoop of NO-Shotgun, 8g BCAA bulk powder. thats all you need!

then i :good: and:clean: till im :bb2: and :bb:

good point about the apple juice and any other fructose juice. it is high glycemic low molecular weight (means it spikes insulin and slows down nutrient absorption) WMS is high glycemic high molecular weight wich means it goes strait through the stomach and strait into the blood stream carrying all your creatine with it. basically it would speed up your creatine/nutrient absorption witch it what you want before and after you work out.

i use WMS before and after work out. if i only use WMS pre work out by itself i get a great pump just off that.

my personal pre workout cocktail- 2 scoops pure vitargo(72g WMS) scoop of NO-Shotgun, 8g BCAA bulk powder. thats all you need!

then i :good: and:clean: till im :bb2: and :bb:
take a P-SLIN 15 minutes before and be amazed.