Cissus Q.

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My brother plays baseball, and recently he has injured his elbow/shoulder, he believes it be tendons or ligaments.

He was wondering whether or not the effects of cissus q. are permanent?....After he heals up his arm, can he stop taking it and be alright, or will the injury return?

He would also like to know if cissus causes an increase in testosterone, or if it contains steroidal substances? (he's very concerned with it interfering w/ baseball...)

Any help would be great. thanks!

P.s Anyone in here know whether it is a banned substance for baseball?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reparative effect of Cissus is only permanent insofar as one makes it - that is to say, if his condition is marked by chronic inflammation, he must actively recover via stretching and rehab. Tendonitis injuries must recover through stopping the aggravating movement, no supplement can overcome constant aggravation.

With that being said, Cissus will create a very pro-anabolic - in a strict sense - environment for recovery. It blocks pro-inflammatory cytokines (namely TNF-Alpha1) which are catabolic to tissue, as well as being a Glucocorticoid antagonist. In conjunction with a proper recovery program, it can do wonders.

In terms of steroidal phytochemicals, it does contain phytoestrogenic compounds. Will these give a false positive? No.

The reparative effect of Cissus is only permanent insofar as one makes it - that is to say, if his condition is marked by chronic inflammation, he must actively recover via stretching and rehab. Tendonitis injuries must recover through stopping the aggravating movement, no supplement can overcome constant aggravation.

With that being said, Cissus will create a very pro-anabolic - in a strict sense - environment for recovery. It blocks pro-inflammatory cytokines (namely TNF-Alpha1) which are catabolic to tissue, as well as being a Glucocorticoid antagonist. In conjunction with a proper recovery program, it can do wonders.

In terms of steroidal phytochemicals, it does contain phytoestrogenic compounds. Will these give a false positive? No.
Cissus is also infused with natural calcium that is readily delivered to the tissue.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My brother plays baseball, and recently he has injured his elbow/shoulder, he believes it be tendons or ligaments.

He was wondering whether or not the effects of cissus q. are permanent?....After he heals up his arm, can he stop taking it and be alright, or will the injury return?

He would also like to know if cissus causes an increase in testosterone, or if it contains steroidal substances? (he's very concerned with it interfering w/ baseball...)

Any help would be great. thanks!

P.s Anyone in here know whether it is a banned substance for baseball?
No cissus isnt banned for baseball

sundevil22

Awards
Where does it hurt?
What kind of pain (radiating, burning, sharp, dull, tingling, ext)?
How long has it hurt?
How old is he?
What does his throwing program look like?
What exercises is he doing for it?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did not know this

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did not know this
Most tendon impingements are characterized by chronic inflammation. To heal you have to stop the inflammation, to stop the inflammation you have to stop doing that particular movement.

Kind of like "Doctor, it hurts when I do 'this?" Doctor: "Well stop doing 'that'."

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I gotta get some of this stuff for my shoulder!!!

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where does it hurt?inner elbow
What kind of pain (radiating, burning, sharp, dull, tingling, ext)?dull pain
How long has it hurt?on and off the past year
How old is he?16
What does his throwing program look like?i throw about five or six days a week now, during the season, and during the offseason i throw two or three times a week
What exercises is he doing for it?i do a full body workout, but i don't know any particular elbow exercises, recommend any?
iight i had my bro filler out yer questions

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
iight i had my bro filler out yer questions
Most likely, it is tendonitis. If that is the case, reparative action with a solid supplement protocol could assist in a speedy recovery; however, that means a few things:

a) Firstly, inaction in the affected area. Tendonitis is quite simply chronic inflammation ('itis' means inflammation) centered in a tendon; it most often occurs in frequent movement joints such as elbows, wrists, shoulders, and knees. The aggravating movement must be stopped or lessened before bone spurs develop.

b) The rotation of heat and ice, in twenty minute intervals. This increases circulation, lessens inflammation, and allows the body to deliver nutrients to the affected area.

c) Start a comprehensive rehabilitation program, focusing on ROM (range of motion), and functional strength.

While Cissus, taken without a rehabilitation program, will deliver beta-carotene and high levels of inherent Calcium to the bone, inhibit the action of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and inhibit potent glucocorticoids at the receptor level, it is not a magic pill. It must be used in conjunction with, and not in replacement of, a comprehensive rehabilitation program. It is countering the messengers of destructive inflammation - if the inflammation is not ceased at the root cause, it may be counterintuitive to supplement with Cissus.

Translation = stop throwing **** for a few weeks, use a heating pad and ice, with stretching and low-weight exercises which focus on flexibility.

:D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most likely, it is tendonitis. If that is the case, reparative action with a solid supplement protocol could assist in a speedy recovery; however, that means a few things:

a) Firstly, inaction in the affected area. Tendonitis is quite simply chronic inflammation ('itis' means inflammation) centered in a tendon; it most often occurs in frequent movement joints such as elbows, wrists, shoulders, and knees. The aggravating movement must be stopped or lessened before bone spurs develop.

b) The rotation of heat and ice, in twenty minute intervals. This increases circulation, lessens inflammation, and allows the body to deliver nutrients to the affected area.

c) Start a comprehensive rehabilitation program, focusing on ROM (range of motion), and functional strength.

While Cissus, taken without a rehabilitation program, will deliver beta-carotene and high levels of inherent Calcium to the bone, inhibit the action of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and inhibit potent glucocorticoids at the receptor level, it is not a magic pill. It must be used in conjunction with, and not in replacement of, a comprehensive rehabilitation program. It is countering the messengers of destructive inflammation - if the inflammation is not ceased at the root cause, it may be counterintuitive to supplement with Cissus.

Translation = stop throwing **** for a few weeks, use a heating pad and ice, with stretching and low-weight exercises which focus on flexibility.

:D
Very well spoken Mullet. Also try Bromelain a digestive enzyme which has been proven to be as effective as Nsaids or any thing the Doctor prescribes. For inflammation take 2-3 grams per day between meals. Hope that helps or try cissus.