MRM BCAA+G any takers?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost out of Xtend and was looking around at alternatives and came across MRM BCAA+G. I like the fact that it is ajinomoto aminos and thought it might be a good alternative except nutra doesnt have it. Anyone tried it? What's it taste like?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I've used it before and the taste was pretty decent as far as I can remember. The one I had was lemonade flavored. I used to just scoop it into my mouth and chase it with water, so it must've been bearable.

But like you already know, you get what you pay for with this. It's glutamine and BCAAs...so if it's economical for you and has what you are looking for then go for it.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost out of Xtend and was looking around at alternatives and came across MRM BCAA+G. I like the fact that it is ajinomoto aminos and thought it might be a good alternative except nutra doesnt have it. Anyone tried it? What's it taste like?
Xtreme Formulations ICE also uses ajinomoto aminos from US sources.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I hear ICE is great, was goin to get it but i got alot of Xtend still and its a bit much.
Just buy some BCAA and glutamine in bulk, cheap and easy.

what this Majito version of the BCAA?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didnt know there was a difference in aminos?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
It’s not a difference in aminos but a guaranteed quality. The company Ajinomoto has been the premier supplier of amino acids for over 90 years, producing pharmaceutical grade amino acids for over 45 years. They were the first company in the world to identify and market amino acids, There are a lot of low quality aminos that come from china including glutamine made from human hair.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
It’s not a difference in aminos but a guaranteed quality. The company Ajinomoto has been the premier supplier of amino acids for over 90 years, producing pharmaceutical grade amino acids for over 45 years. They were the first company in the world to identify and market amino acids, There are a lot of low quality aminos that come from china including glutamine made from human hair.
ahhhh, and what kindof pricing are we looking at for these aminos?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see, makes sense. I have full and utter confidence in my Xtend! Core seems to be a great company as well and taste seems to be good people say.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Well, it depends ice is about $8 more then xtend and the mrm is about $6 more. It may be worth the extra few dollars if you want guarenteed quality.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Well, it depends ice is about $8 more then xtend and the mrm is about $6 more. It may be worth the extra few dollars if you want guarenteed quality.

I see. Link me in a PM if you may.
I want to compare container size/price.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Products can still claim to have COA's validating that they are indeed BCAA's etc., but that doesn't mean they are also tested for lead or animal sources containing disease such as Mad Cow.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Thats what i was looking to search. I wanted to look around for how they ship, length of time, with what.
Whe nyour internet savy, you kidn find out anything... ;)

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Products can still claim to have COA's validating that they are indeed BCAA's etc., but that doesn't mean they are also tested for lead or animal sources containing disease such as Mad Cow.
very well said!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha you took out the giant china shipping conatiner...

Tiny Man

Awards
I know the guy who was at the time the MRM rep... and I definitely liked it - more than Xtend by a good distance. MRM BCAA+G is a lighter taste, meant to be dry scooped into your mouth and swallowed with some water. Taste is mild but pleasant, and really - dry scooping lets you get it down really quick :).

If the profile matches what you want, I'd definitely recommend it - I was pleased with it at the least.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Just by taste or do you realize better recovery, strength, etc.? Anything noticeable?

rubberchicken

Awards
I think you should give it a try. I am very wary of where products are sourced from these days and am leaning much more towards the quality over quantity. Too many foods from China have been in the papers here in Oz for the wrong reasons.

For this reason I would be willing to pay a bit more for a product produced and sourced in the U.S / U.K/ Oz/ NZ. I currently am using XF Vendetta for my EAA's and will next add some kind of Ajinomoto sourced BCAA's which means XF or MRM. If you end up trying MRM's please let us all know how it tastes. I am leaning towards XF Ice Artic Freeze at the moment.

Edit; forgot to add I have used some MRM products in the past and am very happy with the quality. Whey is sourced from NZ.

Tiny Man

Awards
Just by taste or do you realize better recovery, strength, etc.? Anything noticeable?
I preferred the higher BCAA count mostly. When I want citrulline malate, I go in higher dosages than most would... so I'd just prefer it to be dropped from the product. It's largely a profile thing... that and now, just doing 1-2g of citrulline malate isn't really productive for me, as it is largely the NO production side.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I've taken the pills before, and noticed much greater recovery time. Product is highly reccomended, but stick with the powder, as 5pills twice daily, the bottle didn't last very long.