how long can i stay on forskolin ?

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
4ever?

its subtle but forskolin works as in putting on lean mass and reducing fat,,,subtle but i like it. to the point that i dont want to come off. example, i put on 1/4'' on my arms and waist got small, the weight stayed the same and chest and shoulders are a bit leaner. again subtle but worth it.

im taking 20% CNW powder, ~50mg twice a day, thats forskolin not the powder weight.

i havent shat a solid stool for a month but hey i feel good on it.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
12 weeks "on" followed by 4-8 weeks "off"...its a great supplement...youve been on it one month right...for the next 8 weeks add some bulk AA in addition to ur forskolin...all from nutraplanet and youll get fantastic results...

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
thats funny, i was just reading about arachidonic acid in MN forum, their FAQ said PGF will lower cAMP but forskolin raises cAMP so i wonder how they will interact together to produce great results? unless i misread it.

how about i do wk1-wk12 forskolin and wk8-wk16 AA then start over, so i stack something with and in between while im off forskolin so i dont 'crash'

when i stopped Drive awhile back, noticed lethargy i thought it was IGF but doubt it now, there must some sort of crash from high cAMP level.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
i never read that?.:blink:.. i guess u could do that but ive personally always loved the combination of AA and forskolin...maybe throw in some DTH...or just some bulk nettle...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
With something like forskolin, I would only see the need to take maybe a 10-14 day layoff period.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forskolin has been a staple supplement for me for about 2 years - through both cutting and bulking. I usually will take for about 3months, then break for two weeks to a month.
You can take a shorter break, as Force of Green said; I'm just telling how I've used it - and gotten good results (185lbs, 11%BF in 2006; 231lbs, 8%bf now). I've used other supplements, but no anabolics or even anything other than bulk powders and fish oil until last month, when I started Recreate for the heck of it. In short, forskolin worked great with month breaks for me.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Forskolin has been a staple supplement for me for about 2 years - through both cutting and bulking. I usually will take for about 3months, then break for two weeks to a month.
You can take a shorter break, as Force of Green said; I'm just telling how I've used it - and gotten good results (185lbs, 11%BF in 2006; 231lbs, 8%bf now). I've used other supplements, but no anabolics or even anything other than bulk powders and fish oil until last month, when I started Recreate for the heck of it. In short, forskolin worked great with month breaks for me.
Resolve, what was your dosage that you were taking? I'm taking 125mg (yielding 25mg active) 4-5 times per day for a total of 125 Forslean per day in divided doses.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
about 30-40mg of active ingredient, 3times per day.
And, as far as I can tell, "Forslean" is actually just a brandname extract of Coleus Forskohlii. The actual active diterpene is Forskolin itself. Just to let you know.:)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
about 30-40mg of active ingredient, 3times per day.
And, as far as I can tell, "Forslean" is actually just a brandname extract of Coleus Forskohlii. The actual active diterpene is Forskolin itself. Just to let you know.:)
Yes, thank you Resolve. I trust products that are labelled with Forslean (Sabinsa patented extraction method), because atleast then you know that you are getting a quality extraction. A lot of coleus products suck and some companies I just don't trust, so I stick with Forslean.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha - I can understand your wanting to ensure quality. It's nice to be on a forum where people actually do their homework!
Hahaha. There are a lot of very intelligent and logical people on this board, but there are many who just don't get it.

Welcome to AnabolicMinds.

.... DOT COM! (Expedia voice)

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
thanks for inputs fellas, i have a better idea now

should bump up soon

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
You can take a shorter break, as Force of Green said; I'm just telling how I've used it - and gotten good results (185lbs, 11%BF in 2006; 231lbs, 8%bf now).
You put on over 45lbs of muscle in 2 years? Anabolics? The best year natural I had was 14lbs of muscle but that was because I started working out my legs.

On topic.. I been on 25mg of forskolin 2x a day for almost 4 months. I've noticed the subtle differences and weight continues to come off even though it's slow I haven't changed much and I continue to drop 2-3lbs a month. After this bottle I'll probably take a break.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As I said before - no anabolics, no prohormones, just tons of clean eating, varied, intense workouts, and a few basic supps.
I.E.: green tea, fish oil, forskolin, creatine monohydrate, whey, ALCAR.
Now, it was only the second time I've ever bulked, and I was far stricter this time around, so I think my progress is the result of that.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
As I said before - no anabolics, no prohormones, just tons of clean eating, varied, intense workouts, and a few basic supps.
Now, it was only the second time I've ever bulked, and I was far stricter this time around, so I think my progress is the result of that.
That's awesome Resolve! Very amazing progress.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah - I've been pretty stoked - I'm cutting now and desperately hanging on to the muscle I gained. We'll see how that turns out. I'm still technically on Forskolin as Recreate contains ForsLean, but I'm not taking it by itself.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - I've been pretty stoked - I'm cutting now and desperately hanging on to the muscle I gained. We'll see how that turns out. I'm still technically on Forskolin as Recreate contains ForsLean, but I'm not taking it by itself.
I've read good things about Recreate. That Forslean is good stuff. It 'forces you to stay lean'... hence, 'ForsLean'.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Well that is pretty incredible! Have people accused you of juicing? You must have good genetics to build as well and very healthy. The problem I've had in training is that something always happens. I get sick... I get injured.. whatever.. something sets me back. Staying healthy and having your mind/body working together makes all the difference. You would definitely be one of those guys where they show a pic from using a product that says "results not typical". Great work!

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
You put on over 45lbs of muscle in 2 years? Anabolics? The best year natural I had was 14lbs of muscle but that was because I started working out my legs.

well if u think about it thats not that much muscle...it works out to about 1 pound of LBM per month...but definitely solid...ud just have to be dedicated to ur goals and its definitely possible...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never had anyone ask if I'm juicing - I'm not that big really. I'm 6'4" tall, so at 230 I'm muscular, but nowhere near being big enough to have anyone think I am taking steroids.
Genetics is definitely a part though - my dad was a powerlifter for years when he was younger. I watched him deadlift the back end of a sedan (can't remember what kind) and walk it off our driveway. When you're like 7, it's pretty freakin' awesome to see Dad pick up a car.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

well if u think about it thats not that much muscle...it works out to about 1 pound of LBM per month...but definitely solid...ud just have to be dedicated to ur goals and its definitely possible...
It's quite a bit when you take into consideration the fact that he also dropped significant bodyfat. He made a BUTTLOAD of foward progress.

Look at the majority of logs over here... a ton of people bulking and cutting, flopping, cheating, and usually ending up at square one. Or bulking and getting muscle and some significant fat, then cutting and losing fat while losing some significant muscle... 3 steps forward, 2 steps back...

Not bad Resolve ;) keep up the progress!

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah he definitely made fantastic progress not saying he didnt...

i also think that ALOT of people lack what it takes to acheive there goals...people always think that there giving 100percent when in reality there only giving 50percent...but good job RESOLVE

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah he definitely made fantastic progress not saying he didnt...

i also think that ALOT of people lack what it takes to acheive there goals...people always think that there giving 100percent when in reality there only giving 50percent...but good job RESOLVE
Good point...

Another point to be made is that too many (including myself at times) put more than 100% of necessary workload. This taxes the body and the mind. There is a balance between volume, intensity, and time. This balance must be achieved. If one is to over-exert with too much volume and spend too much time working out, your body & mind will FORCE you to back off or break down.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good point...

Another point to be made is that too many (including myself at times) put more than 100% of necessary workload. This taxes the body and the mind. There is a balance between volume, intensity, and time. This balance must be achieved. If one is to over-exert with too much volume and spend too much time working out, your body & mind will FORCE you to back off or break down.

Yup. that was a big downfall of mine for a while... I was on a viscous cycle of go 110% 5-6 days a week, high volume, get lean, burn out, fall off, get chubby, repeat..lol

Since i have been DC training 1.5 years or so ago this has not happened to me. When i stop beating my log book, and just feel run down, i take a 7-10day "cruise" period, and i am back in there giving 110% again. The rest periods are crucial for MIND and BODY.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yup. that was a big downfall of mine for a while... I was on a viscous cycle of go 110% 5-6 days a week, high volume, get lean, burn out, fall off, get chubby, repeat..lol

Since i have been DC training 1.5 years or so ago this has not happened to me. When i stop beating my log book, and just feel run down, i take a 7-10day "cruise" period, and i am back in there giving 110% again. The rest periods are crucial for MIND and BODY.
Hell yes! Are you on the right track now my friend? I am on a good recomp spree right now, but I still listen to my body...

I vow to myself to live and let live a little, yah know?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hell yes! Are you on the right track now my friend? I am on a good recomp spree right now, but I still listen to my body...

I vow to myself to live and let live a little, yah know?
Yup.. I am finally in line to reach my goals of sub 10%. It is nice to be starting a cut at 12-13% rather then 20%. I had a productive winter, added some nice mass, not much fat, and now just trying to get as lean as i can.:cheers:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yup.. I am finally in line to reach my goals of sub 10%. It is nice to be starting a cut at 12-13% rather then 20%. I had a productive winter, added some nice mass, not much fat, and now just trying to get as lean as i can.:cheers:
Good man! You'll get well below 10%!

I'm doing good with my progress so far... I had a pretty bumpy road followed by off time exercising and over 45 days of binge-eating over 8 thousand cals per day. Back on track now!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good man! You'll get well below 10%!

I'm doing good with my progress so far... I had a pretty bumpy road followed by off time exercising and over 45 days of binge-eating over 8 thousand cals per day. Back on track now!
Glad to see ur back on track.. Good luck with ur recomp! You logging it? If so throw up a link.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I have a link in my signature... clink on the tinyurl and check it out!

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Good point...

why do u think Dorian was a Freak...cause he found that perfect combination of volume, intensity and time for his body... we all (myself included) need to pay MORE attention to the details of training, dieting, and change things up more to see waht works BEST for urself...Great Post!!:cheers: by the way

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
why do u think Dorian was a Freak...cause he found that perfect combination of volume, intensity and time for his body... we all (myself included) need to pay MORE attention to the details of training, dieting, and change things up more to see waht works BEST for urself...Great Post!!:cheers: by the way
Thanks homie! Yeah Dorian was definitely a freak. lol.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the encouragement guys! Paying attention to your body, as everyone was saying, is crucial. Biofeedback, fatigue, etc. can and will make or break you.
Varying workout and supplementation, and learning what my body was telling me at different times has really helped. Not that I've got it down perfectly, not even close...
And Force of Green, gj on getting back on track! I know too many people who work so hard to get into great shape and then suddenly drop it. Then, seeing as they already have blown their diet, they never get back to eating right. It's like a single mistake and they give up - such a bummer!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

The reason I wouldn't call him out on steriods is because like you said it's definitely possible. There's just so many variables though.

How realistic is that for the average male? As he stated he's got some solid genetics on his side. Force of green talked about balance. Not over training. Keeping your body and mind on the same page. What he gave was 100% dedication but as well mentally healthy and physically healthy. For me I have anxiety.. That screws me up all the time when it comes to cardio. If I feel like my chest is already so tight I can't push myself too hard cause I feel like i'm gonna have a heart attack and then I'll get more anxiety later. Another side is I do over train easy but this is because of my anxiety once again. The amount of physical stress I can handle is poor compared to a healthy individual. So I wear down easy and my body shuts down.

It is very important we listen to our bodies.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
The reason I wouldn't call him out on steriods is because like you said it's definitely possible. There's just so many variables though.

How realistic is that for the average male? As he stated he's got some solid genetics on his side. Force of green talked about balance. Not over training. Keeping your body and mind on the same page. What he gave was 100% dedication but as well mentally healthy and physically healthy. For me I have anxiety.. That screws me up all the time when it comes to cardio. If I feel like my chest is already so tight I can't push myself too hard cause I feel like i'm gonna have a heart attack and then I'll get more anxiety later. Another side is I do over train easy but this is because of my anxiety once again. The amount of physical stress I can handle is poor compared to a healthy individual. So I wear down easy and my body shuts down.

It is very important we listen to our bodies.

Very true...well i dont believe in OVERTRAINING just UNDER_RECOVERY...now of course if u train 6 hours a day ur gonna burn out but in real life scenarios most people just under recover...and its not the same either....well enough of this im leaving now...:run:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Very true...well i dont believe in OVERTRAINING just UNDER_RECOVERY...now of course if u train 6 hours a day ur gonna burn out but in real life scenarios most people just under recover...and its not the same either....well enough of this im leaving now...:run:
LOL. It's overtraining, because it happens when it reaches the point that there's NO physical way that you can rebuild more than you broke down from the given volume, intensity, and duration of exercise.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
LOL. It's overtraining, because it happens when it reaches the point that there's NO physical way that you can rebuild more than you broke down from the given volume, intensity, and duration of exercise.

I agree to a point on this, can you overtrain, absolutely. Do most people, IMO absolutely not. They train hard sure but then they stay up late watching TV and their diet is not as good as it could be. IMO they are underrecovering not overtraining. I agree though that to say you can never overtrain is wrong IMO.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
well in my post i say...its not impossible to overtrain...i say 90 percent of the time people dont train hard enough...and they use OVERTRAINING as an excuse to not train...

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
well in my post i say...its not impossible to overtrain...i say 90 percent of the time people dont train hard enough...and they use OVERTRAINING as an excuse to not train...
Oh hell ya! I mean if you dont take a 5 min rest between every set, get a drink of water across the gym, glance at the news paper, try to hit on the chick on the adductor/abductor, and look at your self in the mirror, you will so overtrain bra!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I agree to a point on this, can you overtrain, absolutely. Do most people, IMO absolutely not. They train hard sure but then they stay up late watching TV and their diet is not as good as it could be. IMO they are underrecovering not overtraining. I agree though that to say you can never overtrain is wrong IMO.
Yeah I hear you on that. I get off the computer and make sure I'm asleep... as in 'sleeping' by 1AM at the latest. I figure this is good for my schedule, because I close the gym up at 10:15, get home at 10:30 and then I have a little time to wind down.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Too many people aren't working out with enough intensity. They get these assanine workouts from Flex magazine that work for the nitwits on 4 different injectibles and they try to attempt these programs that entail like 30 sets for arms in one day. It's retarded.

Click the tinyurl at the bottom of my signature and support my log.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
well i actually have been following ur log...i just dont post that much...im thinking of the same cycle almost...when i start cutting im doing 6 weeks of Halo, MMV2, and Juggernauts Winztrol...the dosage for halo will only be 50mgs a day though...and the MMV2 i will take 7 caps b4 workouts only....and the winztrol im just gonna take 300mgs ED throughoutt the cycle...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
As a trainer working around people in the gym for years I would have to agree with this for the most part. A very small percentage push themselves to the limits day in and day out. But on the other hand there's different variables like health. SO I would agree with a HEALTHY individual with no good excuse this would be accurate. Maybe even above 90%.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Overtraining is definitely not a commonplace occurence among the average gym-goer, but neither would I say that it is common excuse for people to not push themselves. Usually what I hear is "I'm just trying to drop a few pounds" or "I don't want to get all bulky". For a lot of folks too, the gym is more social than physical (which is a whole other thread), or they are simply ignorant (holy crap there are a lot of morons at my gym...) and don't know how to workout properly.
Overtraining is not a term I hear often on the floor at all.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is not common among average gym goers true and the mark is probably above 90%, I rarely see anyone in a public gym that has a clue. Most do too many sets for one body part but don't use enough intensity to make it work anyway. Another thing is bad form, damn I just can't belive how bad it is, and people want to lift more weight so they can impress everyone so they will sacrifice form. Then you have a whole gym full of idiots doing half reps. Seriously I walk into the gym at any given time and less than 10% are doing full range of motion. How can you overtrain if your not even really training. I used to try and help out but people seem to resent it so I bite my tongue. Sometimes I can't help but laugh.

Oh yah forgot the point I was going to make. Elite lifters say the top 7% or so are in danger of overtraining as these types know how to lift and love to push. They invaribly enjoy pain and will often not listen to their body, I know that't how I blew up my shoulder. Now there was some pain I could have done without.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i bought some of this in bulk powder from CNW, it was white. I bought some from BN, it was brown. I bought some Cissus from CNW it was white, i bought some from BN it was brown. Everything i buy from BN that used to be white is now brown. wtf?