Worth it ?

Daves123

Awards
Is it worth taking Xtend (along with caseine-based products) before going to bed or should I just stick to using Xtend before/during/after a workout ?

Thanks,

Dave

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Is it worth taking Xtend (along with caseine-based products) before going to bed or should I just stick to using Xtend before/during/after a workout ?

Thanks,

Dave

You can take xtend at night, in the morning, and during your workout. I dont see a problem with taking it before you sleep with caesin. I do something similar to that.

Daves123

Awards
Hmm ok , well I was asking because I heard some people were complaining about a lack of sleep which they thougt was connected to the use of Xtend before going to bed..

I guess i'll start of by taking half a dose and then increasing it as I get more used to taking xtend at night..

Thanks ! :D

Dave

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Lol I assumed this was in response to the sleep issues thread, why not post this up in there?

I have never dosed BCAAs (or in the case of Xtend CM) before bed but it makes sense as far as reaping the benefits of each ingredient. You will be pretty well stocked on AAs from the casein but extras can't hurt physiologically (maybe your wallet though) and it is a very eXtended (pun intended baby!) fast.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to agree and disagree with OccFan. IMO, it would be redundant and counter productive to take BCAAs w/casein before bed. Now if you plan on keeping some BCAAs on the night stand and chug some in the middle of the night when you wake up...now that would be a different story.

The purpose of BCAAs are for quick absorption and casein's purpose is the opposite. I would just eat some cottage cheese and take some casein before...if you really want to utilize the BCAAs, then try as I mentioned above and keep some on the night stand. I believe Dsade does this with BCAAs.

JMO.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Stxnas, But if you get xtend get Watermelon!

Daves123

Awards
I'm going to agree and disagree with OccFan. IMO, it would be redundant and counter productive to take BCAAs w/casein before bed. Now if you plan on keeping some BCAAs on the night stand and chug some in the middle of the night when you wake up...now that would be a different story.

The purpose of BCAAs are for quick absorption and casein's purpose is the opposite. I would just eat some cottage cheese and take some casein before...if you really want to utilize the BCAAs, then try as I mentioned above and keep some on the night stand. I believe Dsade does this with BCAAs.

JMO.

Ok :D This is the kind of answer I was looking for ! So I should mix xtend+water before i go to bed and just leave it on the night stand and sip when i wake up during the night ?

Thing is though, I barely ever wake up at night , putting on an alarm just to sip on xtend is abit out there ..

Got any solutions :D ? I'm already mixing whey+water when I wake up so I don't think i'll be needing xtend at that time of the day..

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

JMO.
True. Wouldn't the benefits of the CM still be noted though (again the wallet taking a hit becomes an issue like we both noted before.) I don't know if it would be counter-productive right, since it would just be additional daily intake of BCAAs (or would the fast absorption interfere with the digestion time of the casein? I haven't heard that but is that been known to occur?)

Either way I don't like to take in anything except some cc, pb, and broccoli before bed. However the idea of sipping on BCAA if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night sounds like an idea I would love to try out.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok :D This is the kind of answer I was looking for ! So I should mix xtend+water before i go to bed and just leave it on the night stand and sip when i wake up during the night ?

Thing is though, I barely ever wake up at night , putting on an alarm just to sip on xtend is abit out there ..

Got any solutions :D ? I'm already mixing whey+water when I wake up so I don't think i'll be needing xtend at that time of the day..
If you are taking casein pre bed then you should have your protein needs covered and there's no real need for BCAAs thourghout the night. BCAAs primary benefit is rapid assimilation so perhaps taking it when you wake up might help in addition to pre, peri, post workout.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wanderlei just said exactly what I was trying to point out.

I said the casein would be counter productive to the BCAAs b/c they are both taken for absorption reasons, but for the opposite extreme reasons. Yes, you would still be getting BCAAs before bed, but they wouldn't be absorbed as quickly...as stated earlier, I would just use the casein before bed and call it a night.

Daves123

Awards
Ok thanks for all the answers , I have 1 more question though :D. Is taking Xtend in the morning just after waking up worth it ? Thing is Im already taking whey along with my breakfast so do you think it will still have it's use ?

Dave

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The rapid assimilation of BCAAs may help after a fast but your breakfast shake may suffice. I certainly don't think it would be counterproductive but I am not sure it may be of great benefit especially with the casein pre-bed.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I said counter productive I was referring to the absorption rates, which IMO, is one of the reasons to take BCAAs.