Can I take V12 + and ECA stack??

intel55

Awards
True???

Someone posted this:

"Actually, taking thermogenics with V-12 will be defeating the purpose....V-12 is what is called a Vasodilator which pushes more blood through the system, while thermogenics are what is called a Vaso-Restrictor limiting (Restricting) the amount of blood through the system.

Obviously, this will counteract the effectiveness of V-12."

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by intel55
True???

Someone posted this:

"Actually, taking thermogenics with V-12 will be defeating the purpose....V-12 is what is called a Vasodilator which pushes more blood through the system, while thermogenics are what is called a Vaso-Restrictor limiting (Restricting) the amount of blood through the system.

Obviously, this will counteract the effectiveness of V-12."
okay here's what actually happens: (in simpler terms)

V-12 is a combination of creatine (not monohydrate, creatine maltate or something like that), l-arginine-AKG, and some other things, but the creatine and arginine are the main "money makers" in the blend.  Creatine, as we all know, pulls water into muscles, this is called  muscle cell volumization and hydration.  When the muscles have lots of water in them, whether it be from glycogen super-compensation or from creatine, they like to grow a lot better (be more anabolic).  "Vasodilation" means to expand the blood vessels, this can work both for you.  Obviously when the blood vessels expand, this allows more blood and nutrients to premeate (get into) the muscles, more nutrients mean more growth, duh. 

more water, more nutrients = good ;)

Now time for the ECA...

Creatine pulls water in, and caffeine is a diuretic.  A diuretic is a substance that rids the body of excess water.  this part coming up is gonna get technical, so bare with me:

Lets say that you weigh 150 pounds (or 70 kilo), you have approximately 1 quart (a little lass that 1 liter) of blood for every 30 pounds (13.6 kilos) of bodyweight.  your blood vessels can dilate (expand) enough to accomodate up to 5 times the available blood.  If this were to happen, the amount of blood that you have would not be able to fill the space, and you would die from whats called hypovolemic shock.  Which is shock due to low blood volume.

Definition of Shock: Shock is a rapid and progressive deterioration of the function of the vital body systems due to poor tissue perfusion with oxygen, it is a group of signs and symtoms: a syndrome

Enough with the medical stuff...

My point...

The vasodialtion of the arginine-akg with the creatine is a good thing.  When caffeine is thrown into the mix, it causes the body to start getting rid of water, and this in turn would cause you to have less circulating blood volume in a vasodilated state, therefore causing you to go into a state of very mild hypovolemic shock, combine this with the metabolic enhancing effects of the ephedrine (higher metabolism = more water use = even less blood volume)...I think you get my point.

signs and symptoms of hypovolemic shock:

felling dizzy when going from lying down to sitting of standing, shaky hands (tremors) possibly pale in the face when going from siting to standing, and a few others.

Hold off on either the ECA or the V-12, or you can take just regular creatine and ECA (although I wouldn't even recommend that either dure to the reasons above)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
CORRECTION!!!!!!!!

the type of shock would be called Distributive Shock...it is when the blood vessels dilate so large that available blood&plasma cant occupy the amount of space provided..

MY BAD!!!!

intel55

Awards
thanks for the reply. I stopped taking teh eca nad v12 together. I just did not feel as well. I did get a lil dizzy or light headed. I also got severe cramping (i think that is a sperate problem with v12). I took some simithicone and it went away. Gas buildup. I am only taking 40mg of ephedrine/day anyways.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Nice post LG!

However I have taken V12 and up to 75mgs of ephedrine & 600mgs of caffeine for quite some time without any issues. Although I know I shouldn't have been. I definitely won't be doing that now though.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, thank you [takes a bow]

the LG is always full of good information ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pro Bodybuilding 0
Young Gotti Supplements 15
Supplements 9
Supplements 2
Supplements 2