Carb Powder = pasta...Whey powder = chicken breast? - AnabolicMinds.com

Carb Powder = pasta...Whey powder = chicken breast?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

Carb Powder = pasta...Whey powder = chicken breast?

I'm not sure if this is a noob question but I've noticed that lately instead of eating six solid meals a day I'll eat 5 and have 3 protein shakes (mixed with carb powder) to replace a meal (mainly because I get lazy sometimes and don't want to cook that 6th meal).

The question: Is carb/whey protein powder equivalent to eating say a chicken breast and a bowl of pasta? I want to know if I'm hindering weight gains by taking shakes instead of meals.

I'm trying to bulk up and get to 220.

Thanks!

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWalton View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a noob question but I've noticed that lately instead of eating six solid meals a day I'll eat 5 and have 3 protein shakes (mixed with carb powder) to replace a meal (mainly because I get lazy sometimes and don't want to cook that 6th meal).

The question: Is carb/whey protein powder equivalent to eating say a chicken breast and a bowl of pasta? I want to know if I'm hindering weight gains by taking shakes instead of meals.

Thanks!
    The CHicken+Plus pasta > Protein + carb shake.

I recently followed some of Derek's (team scivation) advice to have sweet potatoes chicken and veggies after a workout instead of a shake. Strength and size have went up but everyone is different. I say give it a goal its a good change of pace and a curve ball for the body (which is almost always a good thing) homeostasis is a pain.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWalton View Post

Thanks!
    Remember Whole food is usually always better than protein powder and $hit that stuff is there solely for convenience!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

You'll be missing out on some of the positives of whole food like the TEF and some micronutrients, but as long as you're not replacing all of your meals with shakes it shouldn't hinder your weight gain much. Shakes are a convenient way to get more kcals in when you're trying to put on weight, but I would go with a slow absorbing CHO source like SuperCARB or ground oats along with a protein blend like Ultra Peptide(as opposed to something like WMS and whey).
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

^^----good answer
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  144 lbs.

That sounds like a pretty cool equation .Personally O I don't have much experience taking protein + carb shakes but plenty of pasta and lean beef meals .When I eat chicken which is most of the time .I try to eat either fruits or vegs for my carb sources .The fruits are my quick carb sources plus they provide plenty of fiber not as much as vegs but help me especially during the morning or during and or a workout .
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Expired Whey Protein Powder
    By zombiemuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
  2. How much whey protein powder do you use a month?
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 09:46 PM
  3. whey protein powder in hot coffee ok?
    By pinchharmonic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 02:25 PM
  4. 19 Nordiol Powder,1ad powder,4ad powder,o4ht
    By sghok in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
  5. Whey Powder Shakes - before or after weights?
    By JonArms in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 09:10 AM