E J

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about this as a recomp stack:

DTHC 3 tabs a Day
X-Factor 5 caps a day
PSlin PreWO

And Staples Protein and Creatine.

Anything else you guys think I should add?

I've been planning to add some BA, but don't know.

Thanks in advance

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Right! Forgot about the multi. Ok consider it included thanks man!

Anything else?

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Lol gotta make sure to have that.

Um it looks pretty solid to me, see what others have to say.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Maybe get some Maltodextrin (verrry cheap for a ton) for some complex carbs for the P-Slin.

BA and Taurine would be a good addition. Taurine is great to stack with creatine because of its muscle volumizing properties. BA is usually a good addition to anything.

No amino acid supplements? Perhaps you should look into Xtend.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Maybe get some Maltodextrin (verrry cheap for a ton) for some complex carbs for the P-Slin.

BA and Taurine would be a good addition. Taurine is great to stack with creatine because of its muscle volumizing properties. BA is usually a good addition to anything.

No amino acid supplements? Perhaps you should look into Xtend.
:goodpost:

Deffnitly look into Xtend.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
BA I'm looking into, and would def stack nice with the above supps.

About BCAA's I don't really understand them, taking them is basically like taking super fast absorbed protein isn't it? Wouldn't it be the same to take some whey shake? I mean it's got BCAA's in it (not much), but the timing difference between absorption can't be THAT different can it?

Speed321

Awards
BA I'm looking into, and would def stack nice with the above supps.

About BCAA's I don't really understand them, taking them is basically like taking super fast absorbed protein isn't it? Wouldn't it be the same to take some whey shake? I mean it's got BCAA's in it (not much), but the timing difference between absorption can't be THAT different can it?
increase ur DTH dose to at least 5 a day (6 is the BEST EVER!!!!)
u should love that x factor dose
Pslin is great, if u can swing it get some bulk YG to use with it, deff worth it.
Beta-alanine and creatine will make u a very happy man, go for it for what it costs.
BCAAs would be usefull too, they are not just fast protein and there is no way the whey protein is the same thing. try some bulk in a 30g around wo's (pre/post wo NOT intra-wo bc it will decrease muscle breakdown required for growth)

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Speed!

increase ur DTH dose to at least 5 a day (6 is the BEST EVER!!!!)
Won't this affect my libido? That is why I was gonna go for 3 to get the best of both worlds (gains + libido).

Thanks

Speed321

Awards
Thanks Speed!

Won't this affect my libido? That is why I was gonna go for 3 to get the best of both worlds (gains + libido).

Thanks
in a good way yes, its not overpowering tho to a point of poppin a bone everywhere and really being all around horney, if thats what ur worried about

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
in a good way yes, its not overpowering tho to a point of poppin a bone everywhere and really being all around horney, if thats what ur worried about
Actually I would like that :thumbsup:

What I've heard is DTHC at high doses (5-6 tabs) can actually lower libido, have you experienced this?

Speed321

Awards
Actually I would like that :thumbsup:

What I've heard is DTHC at high doses (5-6 tabs) can actually lower libido, have you experienced this?
not at all!!! at least give it a try u know? i found 4 did the most for libido purposes. 5 is more middle ground. 6 is still HIGH libido but the best for strength/recomp with a great leaning effect!

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I'm gonna start at 3 for 3 days, bump it to 4 for the rest of the week. then try 5 tabs for 3 days and 6 tabs for another 3 and find my sweet spot.

Thanks man!

Speed321

Awards
Cool, I'm gonna start at 3 for 3 days, bump it to 4 for the rest of the week. then try 5 tabs for 3 days and 6 tabs for another 3 and find my sweet spot.

Thanks man!
no prob, ull love ur stack and DTH!!! have fun and good luck

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Why BCAA's are important (in this case, Xtend):
Contains 3.5g Leucine/scoop
L-Leucine is an essential amino acid, specifically classified as a "branched-chain amino acid" (BCAA). BCAAs, especially leucine, stimulate muscle protein synthesis and may be the major fuel involved in anabolic reactions. BCAA's are of special importance for athletes because they are metabolized in the muscle, rather than in the liver.
"...it is stored directly in muscle tissue and serves to help grow new muscle and increase strength, resist the breakdown of muscle tissue, and can provide extra energy to the muscle if it is under heavy exertion by quickly converting to glucose. It has also been shown to have beneficial effects on the liver and the immune system."

Contains 1.75g Isoleucine/scoop

The body requires this amino for the creation of muscle tissue as well as a host of other essential duties, but the body is unable to produce it on its own.Therefore, Isoleucine must be obtained through the diet. While it is found in most animal based foods, including pork, chicken, beef, etc., as well as in nuts and certain grains, and most people can obtain sufficient amounts through their diet, the determined athlete will probably choose to increase the Isoleucine concentration in his or her muscles by taking Isoleucine supplements.
Contains 1.75g Valine/scoop

Valine, along with the amino acids Leucine and Isoleucine, is one of the branched chain amino acids. These amino acids are crucial for the formation of new muscle and the retention of existing muscle tissue. For this reason alone, it is clear that it is an excellent amino acid supplement for bodybuilders.

However, Valine also has a number of other useful properties, such as its ability to create extra energy for tired muscles in order to fight muscle fatigue, its use in the treatment of diseases of the gallbladder and liver, as well as its function as a necessary component of the nervous system.
In addition to these BCAA's Xtend brings to the table, one scoop also provides 10 mg B6 (Pyridoxine HCI), 1g Citrulline Malate, and 2.5g glutamine.

While the 10mg B6 may be inconsequential in regards to the value of the product, the other two properties are worth consideration.

Citrulline Malate has been "clinically shown to support increased performance and lean mass gains*, support increased blood flow and amino acid delivery to skeletal muscle, leading to increased protein synthesis (muscle growth)*, enhance ATP production and support cell volumization*, and is a potent precursor to arginine."

In short, Citrulline Malate largely a "pump" product with it's NO-like characteristics; also can help with the utilization of protein and muscle energy.

The effects of glutamine have been a subject of much controversy as of late. Retailers claim glutamine will reduce muscle fatigue and soreness while helping to rebuild the torn muscle tissue, but many people who have supplemented with L-glutamine claim the product does no such thing.

Personally, I feel the glutamine issue is unimportant in buying Xtend. I personally feel it's a must if you have the money to afford it.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Thanks MrBrightS for explaining it to me. I have just included bulk BCAA's in my order.

When is consumption recommended? Pre / Intra / Post, can it be included in a shake combined with protein?

Thanks all of you.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I would take one scoop pre, 2 scoops post. Some people use it during their workout, so I'd probably take 2 scoops during, one after the workout in that case.

It can be taken in a shake combined with protein; Xtend would taste awful when combined with protein, but the bulk BCAAs could be tasteless, in which case you should have no problem downing a shake mix of both protein, BCAAs, and whatever else.

Speed321

Awards
I would take one scoop pre, 2 scoops post. Some people use it during their workout, so I'd probably take 2 scoops during, one after the workout in that case.

It can be taken in a shake combined with protein; Xtend would taste awful when combined with protein, but the bulk BCAAs could be tasteless, in which case you should have no problem downing a shake mix of both protein, BCAAs, and whatever else.
DONT drink BCAA's during ur wo, bc...it will cause less muscle breakdown, which is why u go to the gym in the first place. to break ur muscles down so they can grow back but bigger. just use a simple 30g-40g dose split either 50/50 or 60/40 pre/post wo.
(each 2 scoops xtend is about 7.5g BCAAS)
also dont mix aminos and whole protein. protein shacks dont go well with bcaa's at all, the reason is ur drink BCAAs bc they will hit ur blood stream quick with no required digestion from ur body, why mix that with something that needs to be digested? also the best time to take them is on an empty stomach about 30-45min after a meal. the only meal i would mix them is a POST-wo shake bc aminos cause high insulin spikes and that would be usefull post-wo only.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all! I will be getting bulk aminos and using them postWO.

About PreWO, I wo at 6 am so basically I have my supps at around 4:45 am (DTHC, X-factor, BA, Creatine) and then at 5:30 I'll have a protein + oats shake. How would you factor in the BCAA's? substitute the protein?

Thanks again guys

Speed321

Awards
Thanks all! I will be getting bulk aminos and using them postWO.

About PreWO, I wo at 6 am so basically I have my supps at around 4:45 am (DTHC, X-factor, BA, Creatine) and then at 5:30 I'll have a protein + oats shake. How would you factor in the BCAA's? substitute the protein?

Thanks again guys
personaly i would eat a whole food breakfast (not oats and whey, lol) at 4:45
then at 5:30 (45min later) take ur pre-wo stuff (DTH,x-factor,ext.)
drink half of ur pre-wo aminos with pre-wo stuff at 5:30
then drink the other half at 5:55 or as ur warming-up (right b4-ur wo)
then drink ur post-wo aminos right after ur wo
wait 15min-30min and have ur post-wo meal/shake
im doing this with great results and LOVE IT!!!!
good luck :)