NO-xplode Withdrawl?

pdigs

well i was becoming a little too dependent on the no-xplode(4 scoops before workout, twice a day). so i cut back to 2 scoops the last couple days and had horrible headaches and felt like **** haha. anyone else experience a kick from the NO?

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
it isn't a kick from no-xplode, it's a common feeling from caffeine withdrawal. See people who go without their "morning coffee" and it will be similar to what you are experiencing.

There is an easier and cheaper way to get sugar + caffeine as a pre-work out supplement than from no xplode :)

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Here is some information about caffeine: Caffeine FAQ | Coffee and Caffeine FAQ

Taken from the website:
Regular caffeine consumption reduces sensitivity to caffeine. When caffeine intake is reduced, the body becomes oversensitive to adenosine. In response to this oversensitiveness, blood pressure drops dramatically, causing an excess of blood in the head (though not necessarily on the brain), leading to a headache.

This headache, well known among coffee drinkers, usually lasts from one to five days, and can be alleviated with analgesics such as aspirin. It is also alleviated with caffeine intake (in fact several analgesics contain caffeine dosages).

Often, people who are reducing caffeine intake report being irritable, unable to work, nervous, restless, and feeling sleepy, as well as having a headache. In extreme cases, nausea and vomiting has also been reported.

References.

Caffeine and Health. J. E. James, Academic Press, 1991. Progress in Clinical and Biological Research Volume 158. G. A. Spiller, Ed. Alan R. Liss Inc, 1984.
Here is NO-xplode's ingredients label. What they have is a "propriety blend" meaning you the consumer don't know EXACTLY what amounts of each ingredients you are taking in.

N.O. X-plode's Propriety Blend:, Efforsorb (delivery system), N.O. Meta-Fusion : (patent pending), L Arginine AKG, L Citrulline Malate, L Citrulline AKG, L-Histidine AKG, RC-NOS, Rutaecapine (95%), Gynostemma Pentaphyllum (Gypenosides 95%), NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide), Muscle Volumizing Creatine Matrix (patent pending), CEM3 (creatine ethyl ester malate), Dicreatine Malate, Trimethylglycine, Glycocyamine, Guanidino Propionic Acid, Cinnulin PF (aqueous cinnamon extract), Ketoisocaproate Potassium, Ener-Tropic Xplosion:, L Tyrosine, L-Tyrosine AKG, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (caffeine), MCT's (medium chain triglycerides), Vinpocetine (99%), Vincamide (99%), Vinburnine (99%), Phospho-Electrolyte Replacements:, DiCalcium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, Glycerol Hydrating Polymers:, Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Glycerol Stearate, Maltodextrin, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sucralose (spenda), Acesulfame K, Potassium Citrate, FD&C Yellow 5 Lake, FD&C Yellow 6 Lake, Calcium Silicate

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
well i was becoming a little too dependent on the no-xplode(4 scoops before workout, twice a day). so i cut back to 2 scoops the last couple days and had horrible headaches and felt like **** haha. anyone else experience a kick from the NO?

Well holy f#ck man, you were taking 4 scoops!!!! Twice a day at that!!! At those doses your lucky you didnt get a bad reaction, doesnt that stuff say something about go to the hospital if you feel weird?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup the caffeine definitely causes headaches as withdrawl symptoms. When I went off caffeine for a week, the first few days I got some PM headeaches, but those went away quite quickly as I was only taking 200-300mg of caffeine/day.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
that's a pretty crazy dosage protocol. definately wouldn't recommend doing that for an extended period of time. i make it a point not really to go over a heaping scoop of nanovapor. product lasts longer and i really don't need supplements to assist me in getting a "pump" can do that on my own.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
that's a pretty crazy dosage protocol. definately wouldn't recommend doing that for an extended period of time. i make it a point not really to go over a heaping scoop of nanovapor. product lasts longer and i really don't need supplements to assist me in getting a "pump" can do that on my own.
yeah, because anything over zero scoops of nano vapor will give you the gym shits. Don't plan on doing abs or squats when you manage to gulp down nano vapor pre-workout :rofl:

pdigs

ya it was a pretty high dose but it didnt really phase me, ive been in recovery from much harder drugs the past 8months. caffienes kinda like sugar compared to what i was doing hah

milkmuscles

Awards
I used NO explode for the summer like two summers ago, after a while my eye started to twitch i got so worried because of it i went to the eye doctor and he said it was the caffeine in the NO explode.. enough to make my eye twitch!!!!! needless to say i stopped taking no explode... and BSN products :rofl:

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
yeah, because anything over zero scoops of nano vapor will give you the gym shits. Don't plan on doing abs or squats when you manage to gulp down nano vapor pre-workout :rofl:

never got the "shits" with vapor and it's a decent product t-bone, just so happens to have muscletech's ridiculous marketing and labeling behind it. however, muscletech bashing is old news, grow up buddy. just because you use controled labs or something doesn't make you cooler than someone who uses bsn or muscletech. true story

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Just because you use controled labs or something doesn't make you cooler than someone who uses bsn or muscletech. true story
Pretty funny too considering BSN is now a board sponsor. Been a lot of BSN bashing on this board in the past, curious to see how this works out for them now.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
Pretty funny too considering BSN is now a board sponsor. Been a lot of BSN bashing on this board in the past, curious to see how this works out for them now.
Rightfully so. There's a lot one could hate on them for. I mean first yah got the newbie supplement market who much rather buy n.o.-xplode than any sort of protein, multi, fish oil, or of course FOOD. on top of that, more often than not these are the mirror rats at the gym that only work arms and chest. then of course you cant forget the lawsuit they hopefully remedied with their new "avpt" technology. A lot of that sh*t get's on the seasoned lifter's nerves which is understandable. but bash bsn all you want but that still doesn't change my opinion that syntha6 and true-mass are the best tasting proteins on the planet. oh and i stand my previous statement, nanovapor is a good product (not a staple obviously though)

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Rightfully so. There's a lot one could hate on them for. I mean first yah got the newbie supplement market who much rather buy n.o.-xplode than any sort of protein, multi, fish oil, or of course FOOD. on top of that, more often than not these are the mirror rats at the gym that only work arms and chest. then of course you cant forget the lawsuit they hopefully remedied with their new "avpt" technology. A lot of that sh*t get's on the seasoned lifter's nerves which is understandable. but bash bsn all you want but that still doesn't change my opinion that syntha6 and true-mass are the best tasting proteins on the planet. oh and i stand my previous statement, nanovapor is a good product (not a staple obviously though)
While I agree with you on the n00b comments, it still stands that N.O.-Xplode was the first first pre workout product of it's kind ever developed. Before it there really was nothing else. I remember when it first hit the store shelves people went apesh!t over it. Now there are a million and one "me too" pre workout products that I honestly don't think would exist had the NOX not come out first. Maybe that's a far stretch and perhaps someone else would have done what they did first but who knows. Not knocking anyones products, just sayin...

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I used NO explode for the summer like two summers ago, after a while my eye started to twitch i got so worried because of it i went to the eye doctor and he said it was the caffeine in the NO explode.. enough to make my eye twitch!!!!! needless to say i stopped taking no explode... and BSN products :rofl:

same here. It worked well for me but jesus 8 scoops is crazy.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
never got the "shits" with vapor and it's a decent product t-bone, just so happens to have muscletech's ridiculous marketing and labeling behind it. however, muscletech bashing is old news, grow up buddy. just because you use controled labs or something doesn't make you cooler than someone who uses bsn or muscletech. true story
For the gym shits, I was speaking of if I took 2 scoops (along with my other friends who went to the gym when I was younger) I would have the worst gas in my stomach, which lead to the "run to the bathroom" gym shits.

Just my experience, and some other friends experience too Behemoth. But if it works for someone, then by all means they should use it!