Icarian and females

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Any women used Icarian or any guys given their gf's icarian? Just wondering if anyone has found this to help increase a female's libido.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Icarian sounds like a name of a mythological character... I haven't heard any testamonials of females using icariin though. ;)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
It does work on women, and at a lower dose. I have given it to my girlfriend and she likes it. Not that she really needed it, but she says it helped when yaz lowered her sex drive.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Any women used Icarian or any guys given their gf's icarian? Just wondering if anyone has found this to help increase a female's libido.
I think low dose DHEA is a way better alternative. Tyrosine seems to increase my wifes libido also. HGW doesnt effect her that much.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think low dose DHEA is a way better alternative...
One problem with such DHEA supplementation is that the concept of a "low dose" is very elastic. For some, it can be as low as 5mg daily. For others, it may be 50mg or more daily. To make the matter somewhat more complex, oral DHEA supplementation is known to have low bioavailability, making it difficult to determine how much is actually absorbed. Futhermore, absorbed DHEA will likely end up synthesized into quite a bunch of metabolites, including the not-so-friendly DHT. So, some care is required during DHEA supplementation to optimize the benefits.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Icariin supplementation comes with certain pros and cons for women. As a potent androgen/testosterone-mimetic and glucocorticoid antagonist (cortisol modulator), icariin can raise testosterone levels in women (not good) and reduce their cortisol levels (good up to a point), leading to an improvement in the testosterone:cortisol ratio (good up to a point). Furthermore, icariin demonstrates estrogen-inhibiting characteristics (good for women in competitive sports), producing an elevation in the testosterone:estrogen ratio (not necessarily good). As a potent inhibitor of cGMP-specific PDE-5, icariin can modulate nitric-oxide synthase and vasodilation, producing boosts in libido and sexual performance (good for women). Finally, as an important acetylcholinestearase inhibitor, icariin boosts acetylcholine levels, producing better muscle contraction and coordination (good for women).
So the effects should be mixed. Generally, icariin may be more suitable for female bodybuilders or women in competitive sports. For others, it may help to start low (about 50mg icariin daily) and bump up the dosage, if necessary. Just my point of view.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Icariin supplementation comes with certain pros and cons for women. As a potent androgen/testosterone-mimetic and glucocorticoid antagonist (cortisol modulator), icariin can raise testosterone levels in women (not good) and reduce their cortisol levels (good up to a point), leading to an improvement in the testosterone:cortisol ratio (good up to a point). Furthermore, icariin demonstrates estrogen-inhibiting characteristics (good for women in competitive sports), producing an elevation in the testosterone:estrogen ratio (not necessarily good). As a potent inhibitor of cGMP-specific PDE-5, icariin can modulate nitric-oxide synthase and vasodilation, producing boosts in libido and sexual performance (good for women). Finally, as an important acetylcholinestearase inhibitor, icariin boosts acetylcholine levels, producing better muscle contraction and coordination (good for women).
So the effects should be mixed. Generally, icariin may be more suitable for female bodybuilders or women in competitive sports. For others, it may help to start low (about 50mg icariin daily) and bump up the dosage, if necessary. Just my point of view.

Thank you very much this was VERY helpful!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm on a pill a day of RPM I believe it contains this. I do really well on it. Although USP labs tester stuff I was on did the most for libido.

I have had no issues with the RPM though other than more intense cramps during that time of the month:(

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Well for those who haven't tried this, try it!

-Increased Sensitivity
-Increased blood flow
-increased lubrication
-increased desire

YA BUDDY! lol

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well for those who haven't tried this, try it!

-Increased Sensitivity
-Increased blood flow
-increased lubrication
-increased desire

YA BUDDY! lol
:lol: Hell to the yaaaa!!!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Well just a little background here my gf has a low sex drive, and has dryness problems, so i'm getting her some Reset AD and i capped a whole bunch of Icarian, so hopefully the two of them will correct this. She's also been on the pill for 7 years so we are looking into other options to give her a body a rest.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well just a little background here my gf has a low sex drive, and has dryness problems, so i'm getting her some Reset AD and i capped a whole bunch of Icarian, so hopefully the two of them will correct this. She's also been on the pill for 7 years so we are looking into other options to give her a body a rest.

Yea thatl do it. Ive been lucky and both girls i was with during our time were on BC but were still crazy about it. I think it was just them because it was just rediculous, couldnt keep em off me. But BC will definately kill sex drive in no time.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Yea thatl do it. Ive been lucky and both girls i was with during our time were on BC but were still crazy about it. I think it was just them because it was just rediculous, couldnt keep em off me. But BC will definately kill sex drive in no time.
It doesn't help that even when off cycle my test levels are in my doctor's words "abnormally high" lmao

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
My wife had a similar issue when she went off the pill (after 10 yrs!!), blood tests indicated severe estrogen dominance. Its getting better via progesterone & DIM supplementation.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't help that even when off cycle my test levels are in my doctor's words "abnormally high" lmao
Did you ever get tested when you're not on cycle or on PCT or on a test booster?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I got tested when i wasn't on any test boosters or pct, do i sense a little smartass tone?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I got tested when i wasn't on any test boosters or pct, do i sense a little smartass tone?
Hahaha. Yeah man. You got me ;) I'm bustin' ya. Sorry man.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
But yeah... best of luck with the issue. The dryness was very uncomfortable for my ex-girlfriend.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why not have her use an IUD? I have one in and have no hormonal issues with it.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
IUD still has hormones though correct? She's considering a diaphram, I honestly think it would be good yo give her body a rest for a goof 6 months even if i have to use.....don don don the dreaded condoms, lol :(

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
IUD still has hormones though correct? She's considering a diaphram, I honestly think it would be good yo give her body a rest for a goof 6 months even if i have to use.....don don don the dreaded condoms, lol :(

I have the Paragard copper one and it has no hormones at all. It also lasts for 10 years and she can get pregnant the day she has it removed. Mine has been in with no issues for 7 years.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I have the Paragard copper one and it has no hormones at all. It also lasts for 10 years and she can get pregnant the day she has it removed. Mine has been in with no issues for 7 years.
I ran it by her and she doesn't want it :(

SHSUStudent

Awards
Has anyone tried Maca for their gf/wive? I read good things about it while awhile ago when the 'wood check' forum was still here.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
What about Nettle? I just read a study talking about how oral contraceptives increase SHBG in women, which also happens to have a higher affinity for androgens over estrogens. More than that, SHBG levels don't actually recover to pre-oral contraceptive levels.

I was asking about it in this thread.

Here's the study though...

Impact of oral contraceptives on sex hormone-binding globulin and androgen levels: a retrospective study in women with sexual dysfunction.
Panzer C, Wise S, Fantini G, Kang D, Munarriz R, Guay A, Goldstein I.

Department of Endocrinology, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA. [email protected]

INTRODUCTION: Oral contraceptives (OCs) have been the preferred method of birth control because of their high rate of effectiveness. OC use, however, has been associated with women's sexual health complaints and androgen insufficiency. OC use is associated with a decrease of androgen ovarian synthesis and an increase in the production of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). There have been limited studies assessing SHBG values after discontinuation of OC use. AIM: To retrospectively investigate SHBG levels before and after discontinuation of OC use. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Sex hormone-binding globulin values were compared at baseline, while on the OC, and well beyond the 7-day half-life of SHBG at 49-120 (mean 80) days and >120 (mean 196) days after discontinuation of OCs. METHODS: A total of 124 premenopausal women with sexual health complaints for >6 months met inclusion/exclusion criteria. Three groups of women were defined: (i) "Continued-Users" (N = 62; mean age 32 years) had been on OCs for >6 months and continued taking them; (ii) "Discontinued-Users" (N = 39; mean age 33 years) had been on OCs for >6 months and discontinued them; and (iii) "Never-Users" (N = 23; mean age 36 years) had never taken OCs. RESULTS: Sex hormone-binding globulin values in the "Continued-Users" were four times higher than those in the "Never-User" group (mean 157 +/- 13 nmol/L vs. 41 +/- 4 nmol/L; P < 0.0001). Despite a decrease in SHBG values after discontinuation of OC use, SHBG levels in "Discontinued-Users" remained elevated in comparison with "Never-Users" (N = 26; P < 0.0001 for >120 days). CONCLUSION: In women with sexual dysfunction, SHBG changes in "Discontinued-Users" did not decrease to values consistent with "Never-Users." Long-term sexual, metabolic, and mental health consequences might result as a consequence of chronic SHBG elevation. Does prolonged exposure to the synthetic estrogens of OCs induce gene imprinting and increased gene expression of SHBG in the liver in some women? Prospective research is needed.

PMID: 16409223 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]