Matrix 5.0

Heavylron

Awards
iv heard pretty good reviews on this product.however, iv realised that there is aspartame and wheat gluten in the ingredients.
just wanted to enquire if the ingredients will send my insulin levels going crazy and thus slow down my fat loss? and also, compared to Zero Impact protein, which would be better for meal replacement and/or night time protein? thanks in advance :) :rofl:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ditch it. Watch the video on aspartame. Dangerous.

Pimp C

Awards
there's no aspartame. they use sucralose. the C&C flavor is good. the others suck.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have the choclate and orange flavr and they both say aspartame free.

Firsttofight

Firsttofight

Awards
no aspartame on label.

In my neverending quest for protein that tastes good, I ran across matrix 5.0 and used the chocolate flavor for quite some time and would say that its flavor is very good, then I started to use Allthewhey's chocolate flavor and would definitely recommend ATW's chocolate over anything, hands down.

nightowlman

Awards
Dudes I tried the orange cream flavor and god damn it is the best tasting protein I've ever had! Truly amazing

sizzzle9

Awards
iv heard pretty good reviews on this product.however, iv realised that there is aspartame and wheat gluten in the ingredients.
just wanted to enquire if the ingredients will send my insulin levels going crazy and thus slow down my fat loss? and also, compared to Zero Impact protein, which would be better for meal replacement and/or night time protein? thanks in advance :) :rofl:
u could always try cottage cheese if u wanted to save money? But many casien proteins will be good for ur nightime meal. Builds while u sleep

Heavylron

Awards
In my neverending quest for protein that tastes good, I ran across matrix 5.0 and used the chocolate flavor for quite some time and would say that its flavor is very good, then I started to use Allthewhey's chocolate flavor and would definitely recommend ATW's chocolate over anything, hands down.
but thats the point, i wouldnt be able to use ATW whey protein because my main purpose for this protein would be to replace small meals as well as taking it before bed with milk.so i would need a slower release protein.besides that, i stay in Asia and it sucks when u wanna buy good supplements and they dont stock it here.damn!

@the rest, thanks for clarifying.if there is no aspartame, i'll be wayyy more assured about the product.what about the wheat gluten? anyone have anything to say on it?

edit: oh god! dudes! check out the ingredient list
Ingredient Details: Ultrafiltered and undenatured Whey Protein Concentrate, Ultrafiltered and undenatured Milk Protein Concentrate (including Micellar Casein), Undenatured Egg Albumin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten (including Glutamine Peptides), natural and artificial flavors, lecithin, sodium chloride, aspartame, acesulfame-K. god dang it.

some other sites, however, show its aspartame free.so whats going on here?
unless syntrax actually has more then one Matrix 5.0? or is the one with aspartame perhaps an older version or something?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The newer version do not contain it, go with the new version!

Heavylron

Awards
dang it xD i wouldnt know if they're delivering to me the new version or not lol.cus im buying it online.haha.damn it, anyway to find out? like from how the packaging looks and all? if there is any difference that is..

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It will say on the front of the package Aspertame Free. If it doesn't then you got the old version.

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dudes I tried the orange cream flavor and god damn it is the best tasting protein I've ever had! Truly amazing
that's it buying that one next time. Cookies and Cream and Vanilla are really good. I got 10lbs of CC now...lol.

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
u could always try cottage cheese if u wanted to save money? But many casien proteins will be good for ur nightime meal. Builds while u sleep

True....man done the cottage cheese thing.....whew glad that's over...I'll actually eat the ones with fruit in them...not bad but the texture drives me crazy.

nightowlman

Awards
that's it buying that one next time. Cookies and Cream and Vanilla are really good. I got 10lbs of CC now...lol.
Nice yeah the CC is good too. And if I feel like I have 1 minute to spare, I put the orange cream in a blender with frozen strawberries and bananas-----and wow it tastes like something you would pay 5 bucks for in a smoothie store! And if you take BCAA's in pure form(worst tasting crap on the planet), you won't even taste them if you mix that in as well

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
i will NEVER give Syntrax my business again. terrible, terrible company.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
there is nothing wrong with aspartame anyways. i did a research project on aspartame for a coure entitled "urban legends" where we had to understand why and where the rumors had been started.

turns out sugar companies and artficial sweetener competitors put a favorable spin on research to make it appear harmful. one of the most famous publications concerning "aspartame dangers" was written by an author with a degree in scaremongering tactics.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice yeah the CC is good too. And if I feel like I have 1 minute to spare, I put the orange cream in a blender with frozen strawberries and bananas-----and wow it tastes like something you would pay 5 bucks for in a smoothie store! And if you take BCAA's in pure form(worst tasting crap on the planet), you won't even taste them if you mix that in as well
I'll agree with that one! I used the orange cream flavor with some vanilla ice cream and a few frozen rasperries. I'll be darned if it didn't taste like something you get from an Orange Julius stand!!!

On its own, I say the CC is the best I've had. I don't do vanilla, but out of the 3 others, CC is da bee's knees. :D :head:

nightowlman

Awards
i will NEVER give Syntrax my business again. terrible, terrible company.
Are you just an angry man or do you actual reason as to why this protein sucks. Which it does not - maybe you ordered from the wrong place, and they suck

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you just an angry man or do you actual reason as to why this protein sucks. Which it does not - maybe you ordered from the wrong place, and they suck
Just drama from another board and the politics that ensue...

Just had a thought for ya, but if you are looking for a whey to use for cutting, their Nectar line-up is just phenominal. The flavors are out of this world, and there' zip for carbs in it. I add my own WMS when I want carbs in it, an option that I really like. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Just drama from another board and the politics that ensue...

Strong ignorance...

Syntrax is attempting to sue board members for stating tha facts with regard to protein content.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I mentioned that I tried it before and loved it in another thread. A few people in that thread started talking bad about Syntrax. Apparently there was a lawsuit involved.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Also, eventhough a protein powder claims to be zero carb, it isn't zero. It's just what they can get away with to meet label claims. But at least they are appearing to meet label claims despite a huge spin on board marketing.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I like the Matrix product. Mixes well, tastes good and has a good blend of slow to fast absorption let alone good pricing at NP. Orange cream is great for fruit smoothies and the vanilla is not too overpowering.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong ignorance...

Syntrax is attempting to sue board members for stating tha facts with regard to protein content.
No ignorance whatsoever here. Just strong opinion on something blown way out of proportion on both sides of the arguement. The whole thing got way out of hand. Sad, yes. My business? Nope.

Anywho..... With general regards to label claims...

Even "fat-free" foods are permitted to have some amount of fat in them. The FDA requires there to be minimum and maximum amounts allowable per serving for a company to base these lable claims. "No Carb" may be no carb or very little carb. I can see the complaint if it said no carb and was full of dextrose or something, but the label is what the label is.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No ignorance whatsoever here. Just strong opinion on something blown way out of proportion on both sides of the arguement. The whole thing got way out of hand. Sad, yes. My business? Nope.

Anywho..... With general regards to label claims...

Even "fat-free" foods are permitted to have some amount of fat in them. The FDA requires there to be minimum and maximum amounts allowable per serving for a company to base these lable claims. "No Carb" may be no carb or very little carb. I can see the complaint if it said no carb and was full of dextrose or something, but the label is what the label is.

"Momma Always Said Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"- Forest Gump.

ntrlmuscle

ntrlmuscle

Awards
there is nothing wrong with aspartame anyways. i did a research project on aspartame for a coure entitled "urban legends" where we had to understand why and where the rumors had been started.

turns out sugar companies and artficial sweetener competitors put a favorable spin on research to make it appear harmful. one of the most famous publications concerning "aspartame dangers" was written by an author with a degree in scaremongering tactics.
FINALLY a little sense on the issue.....when you look at the independant studies/facts, aspartame is clearly safe/acceptable for consumption by normal humans. its amazing how prevalent the scare tactics are against it,based solely on heresay and conjecture.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Heres the thread I was talking about. I ended up trying a different protein, but I may go back to the Syntrax Orange Cream again. It really is a good deal and quality protein. Much better deal than Ultra Peptide 2.0...Just compare the nutritional panels and you'll see Matrix 5.0 is a MUCH better deal.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/80443-syntrax-q.html
This has always been tha bottom line:

i think the bigger problem is that there is almost no casein in it. wpc is fine by me, but from most of the break downs i have read, the amount of casein is just high enough to meet the min. listing requirements, but otherwise negligible.

So long as you are an informed consumer, I could care less otherwise. To each their own...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the info for matrix 5.0

Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop ~ 30g
Servings Per Container: ~ 76
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 110
Calories from Fat 15
Total Fat 1.5g 2%*
Saturated Fat 1g 6%*
Cholesterol 30mg 10%*
Total Carbohydrates 2g 1%*
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%*
Sugars 2g †
Protein 22g 44%*
Calcium 160mg 15%
Phosphorus 140mg 15%
Magnesium 20mg 6%
Sodium 105mg 4%
Potassium 200mg 6%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
† Percent Daily Values not established..

INGREDIENTS:
Ultrafiltered and undenatured Whey Protein Concentrate, Ultrafiltered and undenatured Milk Protein Concentrate (including Micellar Casein), Undenatured Egg Albumin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten (including Glutamine Peptides), natural and artificial flavors, lecithin, sodium chloride, aspartame, acesulfame-K.

The price is $37.95 for 5 pounds. 1 level scoop is 22 grams of protein which is one serving. 76 servings per container. Two major sources of protein are WPC and MPC(Casien).

Now here is the information on Ultra Peptide 2.0,

Serving Size: 1 scoop (38g)
Servings per Container: 24

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 173
Calories from fat 81
Total fat 9g 12%
Saturated fat 1g 2%
Trans fat 0G
Cholesterol 5mg 1%
Sugars 3g
Dietary fiber 1g
Protein 18g
Sodium 120mg
Total carbohydrate 5g 4%
Potassium 310mg

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.

INGREDIENTS: Protein Blend (pure undenatured low temperature processed micellar casein, whey protein isolate), Sunflower oil, Sodium caseinate, Mono and diglycerides, Dipotassium phosphate, Silicone dioxide, Fructose, Rice Oligodextrin, Natural and artificial flavor, Medium chain triglycerides, Modified food starch, Creatine monohydrate, Potassium chloride, Xanthan gum, Acesulfame potassium, Sucralose, Carnitine fumerate, Annatto, Soy lecithin.

Sure it may have SLIGHTLY better quality protein since in uses whey isolate instead of concentrate. On the other hand it has some other ingredients that really aren't need when you just want a protein supplement. Such as Creatine Mono and MCTS!. By the way what is Dipostassium phosphate?, Umm, How about Silicone dioxide?.

Ok now Ultra Peptide 2.0 is $25.50 for 2 pounds!

There is 18 grams of protein per scoop and only 24 servings per container. Plus all those preservatives and additives!. It is right there in black and white. Matrix 5.0 wins this hands down!.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Matrix 5.0 is not a lean mass gainer either. :)

A fairer comparison would be Ultra Peptide 1.0. Micellar Casein is first on tha label, and it's an expensive protein. Xtreme Formulations has no problems with disclosing amounts either.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
what? if any of you have any idea of what happened at bb.com or what has happened in the past and have even a tad of morals you would avoid giving your money to Syntrax at all costs.

Heavylron

Awards
well.just a word in fairness. im still new in this forum, but prior to joining, iv actually read up a lil about the syntrax lawsuit. that aside, i feel syntrax products aint all that bad. (at least not all) First off, for nectar, it sure as hell is a good product. good taste, good mixability, good nutritional profile, not so good price >.> But then again, on matrix5.0, its extremely shady. i mean.you wouldnt know how much micellar casein is inside.it could be a 90-10 wpi - casein ratio. then in that case, u absolutely wouldnt want to use it to replace smaller meals/ prebed nutrition. My opinion is to just use it as you would a whey protein supp.besides, no one can argue, the C&C does taste f'king good xD

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well.just a word in fairness. im still new in this forum, but prior to joining, iv actually read up a lil about the syntrax lawsuit. that aside, i feel syntrax products aint all that bad. (at least not all) First off, for nectar, it sure as hell is a good product. good taste, good mixability, good nutritional profile, not so good price >.> But then again, on matrix5.0, its extremely shady. i mean.you wouldnt know how much micellar casein is inside.it could be a 90-10 wpi - casein ratio. then in that case, u absolutely wouldnt want to use it to replace smaller meals/ prebed nutrition. My opinion is to just use it as you would a whey protein supp.besides, no one can argue, the C&C does taste f'king good xD

Even if it didn't have any Casein in it, it still would be a good deal for 76 servings of protein!.