Length of ECA

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
What is the longest you guys would recommend usin an ECA stack. I'm curious becuae I've seen studies where subject used an ECA for up to 6 months. Would you guys think it's better to use shorter cycles of ECA or longer cycles ?

C

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
I have generally used an ECA for only a month or so at a time. I get the results I'm looking for in this amount of time, but I lose sleep when on an ECA, so I personally have no interest in going more than one to one and a half months on it. A solid amount of sleep is necessary for proper recovery, so detrimental effects to sleep should be considered. I, however, would find it interesting to see if anyone has any research regarding the health effects of a prolonged cycle.

cookmic5

J

Jay Mc

Awards
Daly, P. A., Krieger, D. R., Dulloo, A. G., Young, J. B. & Landsberg, L. (1993). Ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin: safety and efficacy for treatment of human obesity. International Journal of Obesity 17, S73-78.

In one phase of the above study participants used ECA for 5 months. One participant used ECA for 60 weeks w/o adverse effects (unless you consider losing 66.3 kg an adverse effect for an obese female!!)

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3814

Theres a link to a very thorough article that deals more w/this written by a brilliant young man (heh heh heh).

J

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow, very interesting read Jay. Thanks for your info.

B

BMZ

Awards
I would suggest short time, I use ECA for a short time after a while I will stop and go off for a week or so to get my receptors back...if I stay on for a long time I tend to build up a tolerance and it won't have the same effect on me unless I go off for a while.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that tip BMZ. That's what I wasn't so sure about either. I'm thinking 4 weeks on 3 weeks off will work. I'll definitely taper off this time, had an energy crash when I went off cold turkey the first time.

B

BMZ

Awards
Thanks for that tip BMZ. That's what I wasn't so sure about either. I'm thinking 4 weeks on 3 weeks off will work. I'll definitely taper off this time, had an energy crash when I went off cold turkey the first time.

yeah bro I get the energy crash too in the evenings..
I usually do about 2-3 on, then take a week or two off,
I'm off right now as a matter of fact.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
hey all,

i take 2 or 3 weeks off after 5 or 6 months. some say that's too long but i have regular check-ups and no problems yet. :D

i have 1 dose of a particular ECA (swapping between Xenadrine, Ripped Fuel & Ripped Fuel Extreme) and i also have 1000-1500mg of l-tyrosine & 1 Yohimbe Fuel and i'm hyper all day even after my morning workout. no need for a second dose and there's NO crash.

i actually crash if i DO have a second dose :confused:

i read somewhere that l-tyrosine lengthens the effect of the ECA stack. i tried it and it worked well. it also helps with the anxiety sometimes associated with ECA's.

when cycling off i do the exact same thing only with ephedra free thermogenics & Yohimbe is only taken on training days.

Jag

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
hey all,

i take 2 or 3 weeks off after 5 or 6 months. some say that's too long but i have regular check-ups and no problems yet. :D
Jag
Hey Jag do your results slow stay strong for your 5-6 months of use or do you notice they slow down after a while ?

How many mg. of Ephedra did you use during your 5-6 month cycle ?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior,

i change my brands from week to week to combat this but the intensity i feel is just as strong after 5 or 6 months.

i'm an endomorph so ECA's work well for me with little sides.
i've noticed with friends of mine who are leaner that there tolerance for ECA's isn't as high as mine.

by the way i only use ECA's on training days which is around 4 or 5 days a week and i also better add that Yohimbe should only be added when tolerance for ECA's is very high.

i use only the recommended dose (don't muck around with stimulants)which is standardised for 20mg of ephedrine and bi-annual check-ups haven't revealed anything too serious. :D

Jag