Fishoil = Instant pimples

walugi

walugi

Awards
I've read substantial amounts of articles/reports/posts about the benefits of fishoil and have tried taking it through various stages in the past 2 years. However, I can only take it for about 3 days because, sure as anything, I will have atleast 2 pimples after 2 days.

The only place i've had acne is on my upper arm/delt area but they're more like little bumps then red pimples.

I'm currently taking Blackmores:

Active Ingredients Per Capsule

Fish oil (Natural)

1 g (1000 mg)
containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 300mg as:
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)

180 mg
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)

120 mg

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried taking it for say a month and seeing if the pimples clear up after a while?
Most things that clear pimples initially make it worse.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
im taking similar pills, same DHA/EPA ratio. i take 13 a day, i noticed pimples a few days into use, then i just got in the habit of washing my self more. Like if i feel my face getting greasy.

Other than that you may have a high fat diet as it is and taking the extra fish oil is really bumping up your numbers. Whats your diet like? How much fish oil are you taking a day?

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
gawd damn im getting pimples too, ARGH. my face was so smooth and clean, now my wifey even mentions it to me that the left side of my face is growing pimples!

Im on a CKD diet, high fat so im guessing the other oils im taking arent helping

High fat diet (4-6 eggs a day, i eat even the chicken skin, 3 days a week i eat rib eye steak with 2 eggs)
20-25 fish oil pills/day
3 tablespoons of flax seed oil/day
4 tablespoons of flax seed ground/day
6 pills of CLA/tonalin/day

*sigh* i hope they go away after this diet

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
use some Benzoyl Peroxide at 2.5%, It is a cream and it is great stuff to clear pimples, no irritation no nothing!

budreau

Awards
gawd damn im getting pimples too, ARGH. my face was so smooth and clean, now my wifey even mentions it to me that the left side of my face is growing pimples!

Im on a CKD diet, high fat so im guessing the other oils im taking arent helping

High fat diet (4-6 eggs a day, i eat even the chicken skin, 3 days a week i eat rib eye steak with 2 eggs)
20-25 fish oil pills/day
3 tablespoons of flax seed oil/day
4 tablespoons of flax seed ground/day
6 pills of CLA/tonalin/day

*sigh* i hope they go away after this diet
i'm new to all this so some stuff is greek to me. what is the ckd diet ?
thank you

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
i'm new to all this so some stuff is greek to me. what is the ckd diet ?
thank you

Hi there,

The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet is basically a high fat, med protein, low/no carb diet.

Sounds a little counter-productive but the reason behind this diet is to force the body to burn fat rather then carbs for energy.

My sample diet is m-f no/ultra low carb and sat/sun carb loading, i eat like rice and pasta during these days.

http://www.musclenet.com/getbulky/Info/WeightLoss/KetogenicDieting.htm

for more info

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
ohhh great thank you
You are welcome bro. Just try to wash the area with a mild soap (maybe neutrogena) and then apply a small amount of the cream to assess tolerance.

If everything is OK you can then increase the amount, I say this because some people are hyperreactive and it may dry your skin to much. You can also use moisturizer if it starts to dry up.

I wear this on my face and even thought it is made to apply on pimples directly at 2.5% since it is mild it is great as a preventive and to clean up large areas.

Just remember more is not always better, clinical studies prove that 2.5% is as effective as 10% but does not dry up / irritate as much, so get 2.5%. Shouldn't cost more than $10 for a 1 1/2 - 2 month supply.

Good luck

walugi

walugi

Awards
Yeah with the Benzoyl definitely don't put too much on, it'll suck the moisture right from your face. Putting too much on will even dry out your lips.

im taking similar pills, same DHA/EPA ratio. i take 13 a day, i noticed pimples a few days into use, then i just got in the habit of washing my self more. Like if i feel my face getting greasy.

Other than that you may have a high fat diet as it is and taking the extra fish oil is really bumping up your numbers. Whats your diet like? How much fish oil are you taking a day?
Haha, I got nowhere close to 13 a day. I took around 4 a day and got insta-pimples.

My diet was quiet low in fat, although I would eat around 2 cans of tuna a day. I was eating relatively clean food. Brown rice, tuna was my staple. I'd have a slice or two of cheese on some days, avoided oily things for dinner.

Have you tried taking it for say a month and seeing if the pimples clear up after a while?
Most things that clear pimples initially make it worse.
Nah i've never been brave enough to do that, i'm afraid the oil will spread to the surrounding pores -> block them -> create pimples -> loop <-

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I took around 4 a day and got insta-pimples.

My diet was quiet low in fat, although I would eat around 2 cans of tuna a day. I was eating relatively clean food. Brown rice, tuna was my staple. I'd have a slice or two of cheese on some days, avoided oily things for dinner.
I cant say for certain what the deal is but i would imagine that if you run a diet high in tuna your body probly got used to digesting the oil out of the fish you eat, and when you started popping extra pills it freaked out and sent in out of your body and into your skin.

On a side note i regularly use a steam room/wet sauna at my gym, so my pores are getting cleaned 4-5 times a week. Something to think about at least.

walugi

walugi

Awards
No steam room or sauna at my gym :(

I'm quit sure i've tried taking it when I haven't been eating a lot of tuna as well. I will taking it again tonight and see what happens over the weekend :)

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
get ure hands on panto. acid

should help out w/ skin issues.

walugi

walugi

Awards
Wasn;t going to add to my thread since I didn't want to necro it but I took 3 caps of fish oil and got a pimple on my nose immediately the day after. It was one of those red, painful ones too.

:(

I don't want to have to take other stuff to clear up my skin as a result of fish oil. Maybe I will try taking only 1 or 2 a day with meals and see if that helps.

sigh

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
As far as pimples are concerned i have had my share..yuck, but i am dang good at clearing them up. Believe it or not a little sun and uv light helps get rid of dead acne, which after a few days is what is on your face. So maybe invest in going tanning 2-3 times a week for 5 minutes or even a little more, keep in mind excessive tanning will be counterproductive, or if its sunny out get out there man and enjoy. Also i was afraid of moisturizers when i had acne, but dont be. At night be a light non oily non acnegenic moistuirzer on and your face will thank you in the morning. Harsh creams and cleansers with high alcohol content arent good, try a ph balanced astringent. And one more thing before i ramble on further stay away from all foods and drinks containing high fructose corn syrup!!!! This highly refined sugar is in almost everything(Breads,soda,candy,even that "healthy" gatorade), these simple tips are huge.